RESOLVED Does your front footwell woofer work properly? TSB-B1122-001

Can you hear/feel the woofer in the Driver footwell?

• Total voters
Definitely try Groove Armada - Edge Hill song (you can start at around 0:25)...
Literally put your head to the footwell area and listen. Do the same with the passenger-side woofer to compare the song's base sound.
Ideally, i'd recommend to do it through the car's native Tidal app or high-quality/lossless format USB.
I listened to this song and the bass sounds "distorted"? I don't know if that's the right word. This is actually the music I really enjoy too, but it doesn't sound good in the Air. The next song I played was "Tuesday Maybe" by Way Out West, and the bass was punching pretty good. So it leaves me confused. Is it just the quality of the song itself, or is it the car? Does Groove Armada - Edge Hill really sound that much better after the fix?

The resonance happens at specific frequencies so while some songs might sound ok, some have a lot of music in the particular frequencies that the tape failing emphasize.
My song was Beautiful by Rhye. That songs' bass line demonstrated the issue for my service guy immediately.

No they haven't. At least not to my knowledge. So I should be asking for them to apply the TSB-B1122-001 fix to my lower A-pillar door access holes? Is that the right way to ask?
Yes. Just ask them to apply the TSB. They can do it via mobile service too. It takes very little time. I would bet a six pack it fixes your problem haha

Does Groove Armada - Edge Hill really sound that much better after the fix?
Yes.

The resonance happens at specific frequencies so while some songs might sound ok, some have a lot of music in the particular frequencies that the tape failing emphasize.
This is correct. It’s not “all bass” but the specific frequencies of bass that trigger that woofer to vibrate in a way that makes the tape resonate (and peel off), causing the “blown speaker” / buzzing / distorted sound.

Once it’s fixed, those frequencies (and everything around them) feel and sound so much cleaner and tighter. It makes a big difference.

Get that TSB done and report back! :)

I checked my service invoice, and they did cite "TSB-B1122-001 Lower A-pillar Door Access Holes - NVH Rework (Both Sides)" as the repair. So good to know I won't need to rip the trim apart my self to check. Or I guess I could have just asked, but... ripping things apart is more fun ;-)

I listened to this song and the bass sounds "distorted"?
The link below is what I recorded on my phone before the fix.
Basically, if your woofer makes this rattling/muddy 'thud-thud-thud' sound... it's vibration sound coming from the loosened original tape

The song in the recording is Groove Armada - Lovebox... another good song to test the woofer, starting at around 0:44

I contacted CS yesterday, and mobile service came today! I got lucky as another person in the area had service scheduled. The tech said his next appointment was in the Aurora area and having the same service done. You must be watching this thread too. Hello there!

Apparently I had tape applied but it was very thin tape. Another issue was a loose wire. Tech applied the thick tape to both passenger and driver side, and secured the wires.

The sounds is just as everyone described, more clean and tighter.
I noticed a big difference in the song Beautiful by Rhye. Groove Armada - Edge Hill sounds better but still a bit muddy. Might need to adjust the equalizer. Other songs that previously disappointed now sound much better.

Thanks to everyone here for the help. The sound samples, the keywords and specifics of how to get service after previous failed attempts. You all provide real valuable service here.

Back