Bobby

Referral code: 82LNN7ZP
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, I Pace, DB9
Referral Code
82LNN7ZP
New update will be deployed starting this evening. It will be a slow rollout, there are no new features, so there is no reason to contact customer service if you don't see it for a little while. It seems to me that the intent was to fix the problem with the prior update that installed repeatedly in some instances.

IMG_6164 Medium.jpeg

Just got the updated. Took about 5 mins to complete.

Although I have not gotten it, it sounds like this is not the update that will fix the Auto-Headlight/Rainsensor issues.

Thanks for the info, Bobby.
This will make OTA process so … robust.
Kidding aside, my car was bricked when an update was interrupted. Maybe coincidental, or maybe not.

5 minutes.

Attachments

• IMG_2591.jpeg
    IMG_2591.jpeg
    513.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2592.jpeg
    IMG_2592.jpeg
    448 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2594.jpeg
    IMG_2594.jpeg
    446.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2595.jpeg
    IMG_2595.jpeg
    550.8 KB · Views: 88
After more than 2 months since our last proper feature update I was excited, for a minute, to see an a new update.

Sadly it looks like software is just not a priority for Lucid, I just need to accept that their cadence will remain 3-4 months between tangible feature updates as a best case. I've set my expectations too high and because of that I just keep getting disappointed.

After more than 2 months since our last proper feature update I was excited, for a minute, to see an a new update.

Sadly it looks like software is just not a priority for Lucid, I just need to accept that their cadence will remain 3-4 months between tangible feature updates as a best case. I've set my expectations too high and because of that I just keep getting disappointed.
It is, it's very important to get the update system in place to allow more frequent and robust updates.

Oh stop.

I am retired from IT. As a former CTO and Systems Architect, I do not want frequent updates, rather I want more features in an update and a sufficient testing cycle to insure that the updates do NOT break current functionality and new features are thoroughly tested. Hopefully, only very small fixes should ever need to be rolled out more frequently to correct defects that do get through the testing cycle. Tesla releases more often, but Tesla also rolls out a lot of bugs and has a lot of existing issues that need to be dealt with.

Username checks out.

I am retired from IT. As a former CTO and Systems Architect, I do not want frequent updates, rather I want more features in an update and a sufficient testing cycle to insure that the updates do NOT break current functionality and new features are thoroughly tested. Hopefully, only very small fixes should ever need to be rolled out more frequently to correct defects that do get through the testing cycle. Tesla releases more often, but Tesla also rolls out a lot of bugs and has a lot of existing issues that need to be dealt with.
I do agree but at the same time lucid also launched an update that introduced Bluetooth audio issues and issues installing said update. Then took 2 months to fix one of those 2 issues with no other fixes or enhancements. I think there has to be a happy medium here a little bit. We could be surprised though and they could release another bigger update right after this one. Fingers crossed.

Although I have not gotten it, it sounds like this is not the update that will fix the Auto-Headlight/Rainsensor issues.

There are no known SW issues with Headlight/Rainsensors.

Anyone seeing an issue should call service.

Ya, I'm probably being unfair claiming that software isn't a priority for them. I think I just had the wrong expectations going into this. OTA updates were a big selling point for me and one the of the main reasons I chose to go with Lucid over other more "old-school" car companies.

This update may be ahead of a systems update as they seemingly are trying to ensure OTA updates are installed correctly….

Ya, that's what I thought after 2.1.43 as well, but that didn't really pan out. But i get it, these things are very complex and so they may just need more time to get their updater working at peak effectiveness. Here's to hoping this one does it.

Ya, I'm probably being unfair claiming that software isn't a priority for them. I think I just had the wrong expectations going into this. OTA updates were a big selling point for me and one the of the main reasons I chose to go with Lucid over other more "old-school" car companies.
There have been 60 updates. I agree with you that the software could become more mature, but it is way better than when I bought the car!

Back