FEATURE OTA Update 2.1.52

Car Play didn't work so I tried the 2 methods posted (Bluetooth off, Guest Profile On, Own Profile, BT on, etc).
No luck.
I then tried to re-pair. CP then worked.
On the Lucid app, I could unlock the car.
Went back to the Bluetooth option on my iPhone and saw that the phone was still not connected with the car even though I was able to lock and unlock the car just a moment prior.
Is Bluetooth not required for the app to lock/unlock the car and for CP to work?
Am I missing something or did I mess up somewhere?
The mobile key uses bluetooth - this is where the car will unlock as you walk up to it and let you drive. The buttons in the mobile app do not use bluetooth, those go via "The Cloud" (i.e. cellular data from your phone out to Lucid, then back down to the car).

The mobile key uses bluetooth - this is where the car will unlock as you walk up to it and let you drive. The buttons in the mobile app do not use bluetooth, those go via "The Cloud" (i.e. cellular data from your phone out to Lucid, then back down to the car).
How do I connect the car to Bluetooth then? Isn't the pairing for that step?
Thanks.

How do I connect the car to Bluetooth then? Isn't the pairing for that step?
Thanks.
There are two Bluetooths (Blueteeth?) to set up. One for Mobile Key and one for connecting your phone for calls, audio, CarPlay. You need to set them both up. The first one is set up by tapping the upper right hand little icon on your app. You need to be sitting in the car at the time with the car on and follow the instructions. The second one is set up like any other phone… Go to the Bluetooth screen on your phone as well as the Bluetooth to set up in the car. Both of these are well described in the owners manual.

There are two Bluetooths (Blueteeth?) to set up. One for Mobile Key and one for connecting your phone for calls, audio, CarPlay. You need to set them both up. The first one is set up by tapping the upper right hand little icon on your app. You need to be sitting in the car at the time with the car on and follow the instructions. The second one is set up like any other phone… Go to the Bluetooth screen on your phone as well as the Bluetooth to set up in the car. Both of these are well described in the owners manual.
Thanks, Bobby.
Yes, I was in the car and verified that the code on the pilot screen same as on my phone. Then clicked the confirm button.
After this step, I thought the Bluetooth was connected, but no.
Yes, I read the manual from A to Z, even before I got the car. And that's mistake, because that's too many moons ago.

this update didn't fix the phone call issues on Android. I couldn't hear the other person even though they said they could hear me.
this update did fix the now playing song info for me.

What exactly isn't working? Does it not start up? Does it start early? When you plug in, does the app show charging scheduled or just cable connected?
It does not start up. I have scheduled charging set to start at 11pm and charge to 80%. Two days (didn't drive anywhere the first day) after I installed the update, I noticed that car hadn't charged but didn't think about it much. That was also the day I did a logo reset to fix my other issue. The next day, I noticed the car still hadn't charged. I was able to get it to charge by turning off scheduled charging.

I turned scheduled charging back on after following the guidance from CS to do a power cycle (and also having charged back up to 80%). I don't think the power cycle helped as I did not get any notification on my phone that charging had started or concluded like I normally do, but since the car had been charged up when I turned off scheduled charging this is inconclusive. I haven't driven anywhere the last couple days so I haven't drained the battery enough yet to really confirm.

It’s not that they can’t geofence it. It’s that they haven’t. Buyers must understand, and I’m not giving Lucid an excuse or a free pass here, Lucid is a new car company that is diligently working to bring several complicated models to market and survive in a tough EV market. They have certainly brought many features and functions out that the car did not originally have, you can check www.lucidupdates.com and see the 60 updates that have been released since the car was released. If this feature was a dealbreaker for you, you shouldn’t have bought the car. Car buyers must do their due diligence and make sure that the features that are most important to them exist on the car that they are looking at. Lucid never promised they would geofence Homelink and I hope they do… but overall the car is so fantastic and blows away Tesla in almost every aspect of drivability, which is much more important to me than whether or not I have to press a button when I arrive home.
Problem with geofenced homelink is that if garage door is open when you pull into your driveway, geofencing will close the garage door. I almost had the garage door close on my Tesla but luckily reversed once I saw the garage closing. I’m happy without geofencing.

is there a way to adjust the positioning of the side mirror while in reverse? I'd prefer it slightly tilted up a bit more...

is there a way to adjust the positioning of the side mirror while in reverse? I'd prefer it slightly tilted up a bit more...
currently, no

Problem with geofenced homelink is that if garage door is open when you pull into your driveway, geofencing will close the garage door. I almost had the garage door close on my Tesla but luckily reversed once I saw the garage closing. I’m happy without geofencing.
I assume it would be a user preference.

Technically, yes, but that also adjusts the position of the mirror when it returns back to its standard position. It cannot be independently adjusted. I hope they add that.

this update didn't fix the phone call issues on Android. I couldn't hear the other person even though they said they could hear me.
this update did fix the now playing song info for me.
Interesting. I never had bluetooth phone call issues on Android Samsung S22, 23 ultra.

Anyone else notice persistent seat and steering wheel heat settings (enabled) on this version?

I also noticed rear climate controls disable if you have the frost defrost on. Is that new?

Anyone else notice persistent seat and steering wheel heat settings (enabled) on this version?
Yes! I've noticed this too. Ironically when i first got my car on .42...nothing was persistent. Then on .47 i started to notice the seat heaters would stay on. And now i'm noticing the seat and wheel heater both stay on. I don't know if they just fixed some bugs, but it's a welcome improvement

It does not start up. I have scheduled charging set to start at 11pm and charge to 80%. Two days (didn't drive anywhere the first day) after I installed the update, I noticed that car hadn't charged but didn't think about it much. That was also the day I did a logo reset to fix my other issue. The next day, I noticed the car still hadn't charged. I was able to get it to charge by turning off scheduled charging.

I turned scheduled charging back on after following the guidance from CS to do a power cycle (and also having charged back up to 80%). I don't think the power cycle helped as I did not get any notification on my phone that charging had started or concluded like I normally do, but since the car had been charged up when I turned off scheduled charging this is inconclusive. I haven't driven anywhere the last couple days so I haven't drained the battery enough yet to really confirm.
I can now confirm that the power cycle did not help. Scheduled charging still does not start at the scheduled time. Still working with CS on it.

I can now confirm that the power cycle did not help. Scheduled charging still does not start at the scheduled time. Still working with CS on it.
So when you plug in, it says charging scheduled? And when the time comes, it doesn't start? What charger are you using?

So when you plug in, it says charging scheduled? And when the time comes, it doesn't start? What charger are you using?
I'm no longer even getting the charging scheduled message. I have the Lucid Connected Home Charging Station.

I'm no longer even getting the charging scheduled message. I have the Lucid Connected Home Charging Station.
When you plug in, does it at least say cable connected? Try plugging in, then opening your app and getting the car turned on. I've ran into that before so I always check the app after I plug in and it usually updates with charging scheduled.

When you plug in, does it at least say cable connected? Try plugging in, then opening your app and getting the car turned on. I've ran into that before so I always check the app after I plug in and it usually updates with charging scheduled.
It does say cable connected.

The solution (hopefully) appears to be changing the schedule time to a time in the past, getting a charge to start, and changing it back. Now I at least have a "charging scheduled" notification. I suspect this will have fixed it.

It does say cable connected.

The solution (hopefully) appears to be changing the schedule time to a time in the past, getting a charge to start, and changing it back. Now I at least have a "charging scheduled" notification. I suspect this will have fixed it.
Just to make sure, do you have the geofenced charging enabled/disabled? Try plugging in before your scheduled start time. Then checking the app 30 min later to see if it registers Charge Scheduled.

Back