FEATURE OTA Update 2.1.47

I tried, asking specifically that the frunk latches be replaced to see if that solved the problem. The tech who came to my home said no adjustments were necessary, and his boss, the head of the Coldwater Michigan Service Center agreed. So they claim there is nothing they can do, leaving it to be a software issue.
The tech is wrong; The latch or something else is broken.

This is NOT a SW issue.

I'm having an odd problem since .47. If I have music playing and I receive a phone call, the music doesn't mute. I have to go to the Audio selection and pause whatever is playing. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm having an odd problem since .47. If I have music playing and I receive a phone call, the music doesn't mute. I have to go to the Audio selection and pause whatever is playing. Anyone else have this problem?
Happened to me as well. I've had this happen in the past with other software versions.

Yes that did happen to me the last time I got a call

I've got an interesting 2.1.47 issue that I'm dealing with. It's having to listen to everyone and their brother talk about the features, or lack thereof, while I still haven't got the OTA update. I starting to think they'll be installing it on Teslas before they get around to me. :)

I've got an interesting 2.1.47 issue that I'm dealing with. It's having to listen to everyone and their brother talk about the features, or lack thereof, while I still haven't got the OTA update. I starting to think they'll be installing it on Teslas before they get around to me. :)
I'm right there with you. I'm still on .42 which I had to call CS to send over to me. Starting to think I'm not on the software list.

Unless 2.1.42 is a typo, you need to contact customer service right away. You should at least be on 2.1.43, which is the new OTA download protocol, and that one was fully rolled out as of a couple weeks ago. You cannot download the current OTA update (2.1.47), or any future updates, without having already downloaded 2.1.43. At this point, it may be necessary for you to go to a service center to get 2.1.43 installed, but hopefully you still have time to do it over the air.

My opinion, but i am no Lucid or tech expert, but the real improvement was 2.1.42, the .47 is imperceptible.

I'm right there with you. I'm still on .42 which I had to call CS to send over to me. Starting to think I'm not on the software list.
@Buffalo Bob is correct. If you don't have .43 by now, you should contact CS again. You won't get any future update until you get that one.

I agree, and I think that 2.1.47 was really intended as a low-risk 'test' to verify that the new update protocols of 2.1.43 are working properly. I just want the peace of mind of knowing that my 2.1.43 functions are indeed working, and that I am somewhere in Lucid's download queue.

no typo. Still on .42. Just emailed them to see what's up with the updates. Would've just called but out of the country for Christmas but I can start the process with the app if they push it to me.

Good move. For what it's worth, I have found that communicating with CS via text is the best way to get a quick response, but I know that can be harder to use depending on where in the world you are.

Good to know about text. I'll try that next time. All I want for Christmas is OTA updates. :p

I agree, and I think that 2.1.47 was really intended as a low-risk 'test' to verify that the new update protocols of 2.1.43 are working properly. I just want the peace of mind of knowing that my 2.1.43 functions are indeed working, and that I am somewhere in Lucid's download queue.
It could be, and the official updates in 2.1.47 were few. But in my Lucid, it totally fixed the phone call issue. I haven't had a single problem hearing anyone since I installed it.

It could be, and the official updates in 2.1.47 were few. But in my Lucid, it totally fixed the phone call issue. I haven't had a single problem hearing anyone since I installed it.
Mine call quality has been fine as well. Yay!

Unfortunately, CarPlay is a bit more finicky now. Screen freezes and no sound issues more frequent. No such issue in my other cars with the same phone.

Ok they never responded to my email yesterday but I texted them this morning and got a response quickly.

"Hello, I have sent a reminder to the Over the Air team regarding software version 2.1.43. I have also informed them your vehicle is not receiving updates automatically and that you have to request them. Due to the holidays an update regarding this will not be until next week."

Let's see what happens

Ok they never responded to my email yesterday but I texted them this morning and got a response quickly.

"Hello, I have sent a reminder to the Over the Air team regarding software version 2.1.43. I have also informed them your vehicle is not receiving updates automatically and that you have to request them. Due to the holidays an update regarding this will not be until next week."

Let's see what happens
There is a Santa. Got the notification this morning that 2.1.43 is ready to download.

It’s been 17 days since the last update. Analyzing the timing of past updates, no update has been issued the last week of December or the first week of January in the last two years of the life of the Air. Therefore, my guess is that the next update comes in between January 8th and the 19th. Just a guess.

Hope we get a big one soon!

Update on the update. As prevopisly mentioned, update 47 during the download process, caused my Lucid’s cellular and WiFi connections to shutdown. Trouble shooting over the phone with CS couldn’t resolve the problem. All the resets I tried didn’t resolve the problem. Mobile tech came this week to repair whatever was happening. Seems it was all a software issue. He plugged his laptop into the Ethernet port and ran some tests and I assume rebooted the comms processor. Wi-Fi and cellular quickly reconnected. Shortly after that we got the update ready to install message. Seems that the update did download, but then disabled comms. Well, all working fine now. I have to say the mobile service team out of Scottsdale is great. Drove 2 hours each way to my house, and quickly resolved the issue.

Back