OTA 2.1.2 / 2.1.3

2.1.3 improvement please :

I don’t know exactly how Tesla did their passive unlock but doesn’t unlock until you are like right next to the door. It also gives you an option to passive (not unlock) when gps knows you are at home. Lucid needs to add these things. It would also be nice to have a push to unlock on the door handle.

Rivian had multiple iterations improvement, I’m sure Lucid will too, such as able to geofence passive lock/unlock off at home garage.

There will come a day, not today, not tomorrow, but one day, where you will need to choose a side and when that day comes and all the dust has settled, the FOB will be the only thing left standing between you and entry to your vehicle. And at that moment in time, when you are most vulnerable and reliant on the FOB..
Your battery will be dead.
I need a pin. Mobile phone not working without it. Can open doors.

Set up Mobile Phone on my Pixel 7. Car said linked. App said linked. Left, came back with just phone. Car is asking me for my pin. I never set up a pin, I believe. Just the Lucid phone app and Customer Care attached it to the car. Tried to reset pin on the car and screen said to login to lucid/portal. But second owners have NO car control or access in Lucid portal. This has been discussed here several times.n

Guess I need to reach I out to CC???

I need a pin. Mobile phone not working without it. Can open doors.

Set up Mobile Phone on my Pixel 7. Car said linked. App said linked. Left, came back with just phone. Car is asking me for my pin. I never set up a pin, I believe. Just the Lucid phone app and Customer Care attached it to the car. Tried to reset pin on the car and screen said to login to lucid/portal. But second owners have NO car control or access in Lucid portal. This has been discussed here several times.n

Guess I need to reach I out to CC???
The car does not play well with pixels. With mobile key setup properly it should never ask for a pin, nor should you even need to open the app to unlock the car.

The car does not play well with pixels. With mobile key setup properly it should never ask for a pin, nor should you even need to open the app to unlock the car.
Now I understand why some refer to a Lucid as a$150k iPhone with wheels.

Come on "Precious.". Back in the pocket.

Indeed. Turn off passive UNLOCK. You will need to tap the door handle to unlock. Less chance of forgetting to lock outside the home.
On this. Today I tried walking to my car with the mobile app not running, but having Passive Unlock - ON. Annd nothing happened. I stood right next to the car and had to get to my phone, open the app and then it awoke and unlocked the car. Thoughts as to what may be going on?

So, am I a total NEWBIE for still using my FOB? Maybe the Lucid wish list should include ALEXA wake up words. How about: OPEN SESAME
Fob is the best. Don't let @Bobby besmirch the awesomeness that is the FOB.
I'm still 100% on the FOB side :)

Perhaps being able to disable passive unlock in a geofenced area around my home would do it. But I'm perfectly happy using the FOB. It's super predictible once you know its quirks.

Not for everyone... the mobile key function on our s22 & s22+ only work if the app is actively open.
Read the FAQ on this at www.lucidupdates.com. At this point, let’s limit our discussion of mobile key in this thread. Please put those discussions in the appropriate thread.

Read the FAQ on this at www.lucidupdates.com. At this point, let’s limit our discussion of mobile key in this thread. Please put those discussions in the appropriate thread.
This update includes locking & unlocking.
This thread includes much discussion of locking & unlocking.
Despite your claims (here & on YOUR website) otherwise: Mobile keys on the S22 line does NOT work for all.
Lucid has admitted to me that this is the case.

This update includes locking & unlocking.
This thread includes much discussion of locking & unlocking.
Despite your claims (here & on YOUR website) otherwise: Mobile keys on the S22 line does NOT work for all.
Lucid has admitted to me that this is the case.
I’m not sure where you are headed with this post, but I am reading your capitalization of the word YOUR to imply that you think I have some sort of hidden agenda. That website, which I pay for out of my own pocket, where I accept zero advertising and ask nothing in return, is to help Lucid owners work with their cars better. The FAQ for android was written by @hydbob since I have an iPhone and don’t have experience with that platform.

Just updated to 2.1.3. A new feature I noticed was in the rear view camera, now when reversing I see a red line indicating the danger zone. But it’s inconsistent, the line showed up a couple of times and it was missing at other times. Is the red line a new camera feature? Has anyone else noticed this ? And any reason why it shouldn’t be visible every instance ?

Just updated to 2.1.3. A new feature I noticed was in the rear view camera, now when reversing I see a red line indicating the danger zone. But it’s inconsistent, the line showed up a couple of times and it was missing at other times. Is the red line a new camera feature? Has anyone else noticed this ? And any reason why it shouldn’t be visible every instance ?
The red line view in the upper screen comes on immediately when you put the car in reverse. Sometimes, the 3-D system needs a few extra seconds to load. Once it is finished loading, the upper camera will be replaced with a 3-D camera that also has the lines on it to indicate where the car will go in turns.

The red line view in the upper screen comes on immediately when you put the car in reverse. Sometimes, the 3-D system needs a few extra seconds to load. Once it is finished loading, the upper camera will be replaced with a 3-D camera that also has the lines on it to indicate where the car will go in turns.
so does that mean my car loads the 3D system almost immediately? Because I’ve never seen the red line before today.

On this. Today I tried walking to my car with the mobile app not running, but having Passive Unlock - ON. Annd nothing happened. I stood right next to the car and had to get to my phone, open the app and then it awoke and unlocked the car. Thoughts as to what may be going on?
If I am understanding your scenario, this is the expected behavior.

For your mobile to unlock your Lucid, the following must be true:
  1. Your phone has Bluetooth on
  2. Your Lucid app is Running, either in the foreground (like it's open and you're looking at it) or in the background (the app is not open but it is running).
When both are true, your car will unlock as you approach with your mobile.

So, now you may be wondering about #2 and what's the difference between "background" and "app not running at all".
  • Well, on Android once you open the app, even if you switch to another app, the Lucid app is still running (and so the Mobile Key will continue to function). If you view all of your running apps (hit the square on the bottom or swipe to show square, dot, and back arrow on the wallpaper), you can see all your background running apps. If you swipe up on any app, the app will close (e.g. it will not satisfy #2). You can of course stop the app by using the Settings-->Apps-->Lucid-->Force stop.
  • On iPhone you will want to lookup whether apps run in the background and optionally how to stop them
So, the reason it worked for you once you opened the Lucid app is because it was not running (foreground, nor background). When the app is not running, it will not unlock the Lucid.

See also: https://lucidowners.com/threads/mobile-key-unlock-without-knowing.6074/post-143505

Hope that helps

so does that mean my car loads the 3D system almost immediately? Because I’ve never seen the red line before today.
I found that the 3-D system takes somewhere between 20 to 40 seconds from the time the car is first unlocked (“woken”) to fully load.

If I am understanding your scenario, this is the expected behavior.

For your mobile to unlock your Lucid, the following must be true:
  1. Your phone has Bluetooth on
  2. Your Lucid app is Running, either in the foreground (like it's open and you're looking at it) or in the background (the app is not open but it is running).
When both are true, your car will unlock as you approach with your mobile.

So, now you may be wondering about #2 and what's the difference between "background" and "app not running at all".
  • Well, on Android once you open the app, even if you switch to another app, the Lucid app is still running (and so the Mobile Key will continue to function). If you view all of your running apps (hit the square on the bottom or swipe to show square, dot, and back arrow on the wallpaper), you can see all your background running apps. If you swipe up on any app, the app will close (e.g. it will not satisfy #2). You can of course stop the app by using the Settings-->Apps-->Lucid-->Force stop.
  • On iPhone you will want to lookup whether apps run in the background and optionally how to stop them
So, the reason it worked for you once you opened the Lucid app is because it was not running (foreground, nor background). When the app is not running, it will not unlock the Lucid.

See also: https://lucidowners.com/threads/mobile-key-unlock-without-knowing.6074/post-143505

Hope that helps
On iPhone the app need not be running at all. I hope they improve the implementation of the Android app to work similarly.

Back