OTA 2.1.2 / 2.1.3

Well to be fair I was the very first turo Lucid I actually made history on internet and I was the first that used the Lucid so it wasn’t like multiple users yet
Wait, that was you? My daughter just learned about this in her history class. 🙃

On topic 2.1.3:
I turned off passive unlock I still got passive lock walk away.

But.. my key fob battery is dying,, my guess even if you turn off these passive the key fob is still using energy. In 2.1.3 are key fobs still at risk dying when too close ?

Really? I was thinking of another price drop
If you discount those wheels by the amount you paid for your Turo rental including the repairs from off-roading, I will buy them. No autograph needed.

On topic 2.1.3:
I turned off passive unlock I still got passive lock walk away.

But.. my key fob battery is dying,, my guess even if you turn off these passive the key fob is still using energy. In 2.1.3 are key fobs still at risk dying when too close ?
Fob schmob.

Fob schmob.
So, am I a total NEWBIE for still using my FOB? Maybe the Lucid wish list should include ALEXA wake up words. How about: OPEN SESAME

Attachments

• open_sesame.webp
    open_sesame.webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 39
I was a mobile key skeptic. It’s occasionally a bit finicky, and perhaps a little too aggressive auto locking, but it always works for me within a few seconds. Haven’t used my fobs in months.

Use mobile key.
Just set up. Easy. Just lazy. Card key in the wallet. Will feel weird without a key or fob.

Still like the idea of shouting Open Sesame. Or standing in front of a car camera and raising your arms like a conductor. Now THAT would draw lots of attention to our brand. 😁

Just set up. Easy. Just lazy. Card key in the wallet. Will feel weird without a key or fob.

Still like the idea of shouting Open Sesame. Or standing in front of a car camera and raising your arms like a conductor. Now THAT would draw lots of attention to our brand. 😁
There is nothing stopping you from doing those things. Nobody around you would know that’s not how it works… ;)

Was that your 15 Andy Warhol minutes of infamy? 😎
OK already! I am still waiting patiently for my OTA but at least I know what to expect. I did text CS to setup annual maintenance but neglected to request push for 2.1.3.

There is nothing stopping you from doing those things. Nobody around you would know that’s not how it works… ;)
"New Electric Vehicle Owner Held on 24 hour mental health watch after being seen waving his arms and shouting as this Car - passers-by thought he might be a terrorist because his scream of "Open Sesame" sounded Arabic"

I've been using fob-schmob due to unwanted mobile key unlock-lock cycles in the garage while nearby, but now that we can turn off passive unlock, the mobile key might be worth trying again.

I've been using fob-schmob due to unwanted mobile key unlock-lock cycles in the garage while nearby, but now that we can turn off passive unlock, the mobile key might be worth trying again.
Indeed. Turn off passive UNLOCK. You will need to tap the door handle to unlock. Less chance of forgetting to lock outside the home.

"New Electric Vehicle Owner Held on 24 hour mental health watch after being seen waving his arms and shouting as this Car - passers-by thought he might be a terrorist because his scream of "Open Sesame" sounded Arabic"
Let's be real, with all the negative PR that EV's and Lucid get, it would start "New Electric Vehicle company Lucid puts its owner on..."

So, am I a total NEWBIE for still using my FOB? Maybe the Lucid wish list should include ALEXA wake up words. How about: OPEN SESAME
Fob is the best. Don't let @Bobby besmirch the awesomeness that is the FOB.

Back