OTA 2.1.2 / 2.1.3

Fob is the best. Don't let @Bobby besmirch the awesomeness that is the FOB.

I disagree. I had fob battery died on me twice and I was in low cellular signal area for unable to unlock from app. Therefore, I use mobile key and back up key card, they never failed. 😆

Just set up. Easy. Just lazy. Card key in the wallet. Will feel weird without a key or fob.

Still like the idea of shouting Open Sesame. Or standing in front of a car camera and raising your arms like a conductor. Now THAT would draw lots of attention to our brand. 😁
Or, bring back “The Clapper”. 6 claps to unlock, 9 claps to lock.

Or, bring back “The Clapper”. 6 claps to unlock, 9 claps to lock.
But, alas, some here might complain theirs "clappers" needed to be recalibrated and why wasn't mobile service out doing that....... Or

"EV owner put on 24 hour mental health hold after he is seen furiously clapping at his car".

Fob is the best. Don't let @Bobby besmirch the awesomeness that is the FOB.
Heretic!
montypython-witch.gif

Use mobile key.
Love mobile key. I've only ever used mobile key. I only set up fob so that I could give it to service advisor when I brought car into service.

The heretics are those who don't like the fob! 😋
As far as fobs go, I do like the design. Some may say it feels cheap, but because it's so thin and light, it's quite comfortable in the pocket, and I'd take it any day over a heavier one with a more expensive feel.

But I already have a perfectly good phone :)

The heretics are those who don't like the fob! 😋
My phone is my fob. If that makes me a heretic, then so be it. I prefer to think of it making me/us more technologically advanced.

In the words of the great philosopher Moderaterus Bobbyus of SoCal: Fob Schmob

My phone is my fob. If that makes me a heretic, then so be it. I prefer to think of it making me/us more technologically advanced.

In the words of the great philosopher Moderaterus Bobbyus of SoCal: Fob Schmob
There will come a day, not today, not tomorrow, but one day, where you will need to choose a side and when that day comes and all the dust has settled, the FOB will be the only thing left standing between you and entry to your vehicle. And at that moment in time, when you are most vulnerable and reliant on the FOB..
Your battery will be dead.

There will come a day, not today, not tomorrow, but one day, where you will need to choose a side and when that day comes and all the dust has settled, the FOB will be the only thing left standing between you and entry to your vehicle. And at that moment in time, when you are most vulnerable and reliant on the FOB..
I always carry the valet card in my wallet, so I'm good. Not to mention, a dead fob can still act as a key card by holding it up to the B pillar.

But thanks for caring 😜

As far as fobs go, I do like the design. Some may say it feels cheap, but because it's so thin and light, it's quite comfortable in the pocket, and I'd take it any day over a heavier one with a more expensive feel.

But I already have a perfectly good phone :)

We are 3 EV household, I can get into my son’s Polestar 2 or wife’s R1S without even go to mud room to look for fob and vice versa. Physical fob is 20th century. 🤣

2.1.3 improvement please :

I don’t know exactly how Tesla did their passive unlock but doesn’t unlock until you are like right next to the door. It also gives you an option to passive (not unlock) when gps knows you are at home. Lucid needs to add these things. It would also be nice to have a push to unlock on the door handle.

Push the door handle in and it does lock/unlock. That feature has been there since day 1.
Sometimes I push the handle and not
Sure if it’s delay or the car waking up. Is there usually a couple second delay ? Or what is most optimal. I haven’t quite gotten the Tesla feel. Like in Tesla I can press the handle any time and door immediately opens

Fob can also work with a dead battery. just use it like the key card.

Sometimes I push the handle and not
Sure if it’s delay or the car waking up. Is there usually a couple second delay ? Or what is most optimal. I haven’t quite gotten the Tesla feel. Like in Tesla I can press the handle any time and door immediately opens
The car seems to transition into a sleep mode right after auto-locking. During this time it isn’t responsive for several seconds. I hope they change this behavior too…

Back