OTA 2.1.2 / 2.1.3

Quick updates.....

1. Tyler from Lucid Mobile Service left about an hour ago. He wasn't able to replace the two broken clips in my light bar from the frunk snapping them but he did tell me Lucid has changed the way they are repairing this issue and that he can complete the repair in my garage so I won't lose my car for a few days. I'm pleased by this new development.

2. Since the light bar needs a replacement and mine has been PPF'd and ceramic coated, I'm waiting on instructions from him on how Lucid plans to pay or reimburse me to have these reapplied after the repair. I will update this later.

3. Tyler completed the seat homing procedure but there was a slight hiccup where the seat would not respond at all via the manual or pilot panel controls. He had to come back (I caught him right after he left so he was still close by) to make a quick software adjustment. Seats are working fine now.

4. Finally, he requested, as a customer courtesy, the 2.1.3 update and it has arrived. Let's see how this goes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230720_124242_Lucid.webp
    Screenshot_20230720_124242_Lucid.webp
    43.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
This is the wrong thread for this, but: that honestly looks like someone accidentally dragged a bag or belt buckle or rivet from a jeans pocket or similar down the door. I’ve never seen that before.

If it was there at delivery, they’ll replace it. But it also could be caused by a drag.

I know I have 2-3 tiny spots on my steering wheel where the leather is ripped, but I know that’s from my ring and/or bracelet and I’m not too hurt about it. It’s a car and it’s meant to get used. :)
This. I have a small tear in my drivers seat base, from stupidly having something in a back pocket. Lesson learned. Fixed it with some Tear Mender and literally never think about it. It’s a car.

Back on topic: out of the country for two weeks, got the .71 update a couple of days ago and 2.1.3 literally as I’m boarding the flight home. Maybe Lucid knows my travel plans … 😆

Quick updates.....

1. Tyler from Lucid Mobile Service left about an hour ago. He wasn't able to replace the two broken clips in my light bar from the frunk snapping them but he did tell me Lucid has changed the way they are repairing this issue and that he can complete the repair in my garage so I won't lose my car for a few days. I'm pleased by this new development.

2. Since the light bar needs a replacement and mine has been PPF'd and ceramic coated, I'm waiting on instructions from him on how Lucid plans to pay or reimburse me to have these reapplied after the repair. I will update this later.

3. Tyler completed the seat homing procedure but there was a slight hiccup where the seat would not respond at all via the manual or pilot panel controls. He had to come back (I caught him right after he left so he was still close by) to make a quick software adjustment. Seats are working fine now.

4. Finally, he requested, as a customer courtesy, the 2.1.3 update and it has arrived. Let's see how this goes.
What happened to your car I lost track

What happened to your car I lost track
Two weeks ago, my frunk snapped the clip on the corner of the passenger side of my light bar. Other members have reported the same exact issue -- same clips getting snapped by what we assume is a slightly misaligned frunk or bumper. There's a thread about it.

Your post was deleted because it was a personal attack, but I wanted to respond to parts of it that were appropriate:
So now you are also calling people liars because they are sharing genuine issues with their cars here for people to be aware to log it.
Nope, never called anybody a liar, and I didn’t tell you what happened. I simply suggested what a cause might be, since I’ve seen it happen before and that’s what it looks like. As I said, if it was there when you got it, get it replaced.

Why would I want a repair that may not match on a car that is barely one year old from someone who has never repaired a Lucid before.
What? Get the leather upholstery replaced on that door by service, if it was truly there from the beginning. It’ll match perfectly because it is the same leather.

Lmao, who runs their jeans to the back of a car door. Calm down man, you may develop some health issues defending Lucid.
Lots of people when they bend in to get in the car? Or if you’re getting something out? Or if you’re in a tight spot and can’t open the door fully and have to squeeze out?

These aren’t outlandish.

Also, avoid personal attacks. I left this one in here, but I’m not defending Lucid lol - I’m simply suggesting alternative scenarios. If it was Lucid’s fault and there from the beginning, they’ll replace it. They’ve replaced plenty of pieces on my car that came damaged in some way.

What you see as defense is simply reasonable discourse.

Yes the quote was meant to say I am not sure it’s leather on those parts or a very cheap one at that.
Right. And my point is that doesn’t assume the best, and implies intentional malice, which is against the guidelines without any sort of evidence to the contrary. Lucid sources it’s leather from the same place as Aston and plenty of other spectacular manufacturers. It is very premium leather, which will definitely wrinkle and patina over time, softening as well. That’s one of the reasons people love good leather.

If you don’t like that about leather, the PurLuxe would have suited better.

In any case, wrong thread, and this should be the end of it, but: if it was there from the beginning, get it replaced.

Have a nice day. :)

So Easy Entry drops the seat way too low. I suspect I’m significantly below the median age here, am not that tall, and it hurts my back to get in and out with Easy Entry enabled. Wish there were a steering wheel only option. Really, they should have just copied what Mercedes does.
After trying out the easy exit/entry a few ago
I agree. I only need the steering wheel adjusted. The seat is way too low and back for me when enabled.

Hopefully Lucid is listening here and will give us a steering wheel only option via a future OTA.

Just received mine a few minutes ago and it is 2.1.3
My Service person had called me for the RIP In my driver side door panel, the “leather” in a year 😡. They offered to “Repair” it as a courtesy. Multiple minor cracks in the leather after just One year of ownership, always garages and less than 4K miles. My 2005 Lexus’ has no tears and the leather upholstery is 100 times better than Lucid.
I asked him about it and he looked and said he does not even have access but must have because I did not email CS.

We joked that now that we have discussed it, I will get it tomorrow. Coincidence?? 🤷🏻‍♂️
21,500 miles on my AGT, often parked outside in the Arizona sunshine. Interior temps have been in the 130’s often. Leather looks perfect and still smells new.

I agree. I only need the steering wheel adjusted. The seat is way too low and back for me when enabled.

Hopefully Lucid is listening here and will give us a steering wheel only option via a future OTA.
Or make the position at least partly customizable?

Yes, Rivian and T-Company allow you to customize the seat and steering wheel position for Easy Entry/Exit. Hopefully Lucid will follow suit. At least we have "something" now and improvements will come.

If that was present at delivery, that's definitely a flaw in the material. Not what I would consider typical, as it's the first time we're seeing it reported here.
I guess you can say second case reported. I reported a flaw in my seat bolster several months ago and it’s getting replaced next week. They said it’s rare, but sometimes you just get a portion of leather that doesn’t hold up well and starts to crease. It will show up early if there is a flaw.
1689886339404.webp

I guess you can say second case reported. I reported a flaw in my seat bolster several months ago and it’s getting replaced next week. They said it’s rare, but sometimes you just get a portion of leather that doesn’t hold up well and starts to crease. It will show up early if there is a flaw. View attachment 13661
This is a crease, not what was reported earlier, which I would describe as more of a "scratch." Two very different issues. But yes. Glad they are replacing that for you.

If that was present at delivery, that's definitely a flaw in the material. Not what I would consider typical, as it's the first time we're seeing it reported here.
I actually have something similar. Albeit much smaller

Just received mine a few minutes ago and it is 2.1.3
My Service person had called me for the RIP In my driver side door panel, the “leather” in a year 😡. They offered to “Repair” it as a courtesy. Multiple minor cracks in the leather after just One year of ownership, always garages and less than 4K miles. My 2005 Lexus’ has no tears and the leather upholstery is 100 times better than Lucid.
I asked him about it and he looked and said he does not even have access but must have because I did not email CS.

We joked that now that we have discussed it, I will get it tomorrow. Coincidence?? 🤷🏻‍♂️
The Lucid I turoed on May 2022 the leather tore quite easily. It didn’t seem very high quality to me. My lucid that I own leather is great no tear yet 3 months owner. I think they either changed material or maybe batch had some flimsy stuff f

This is a crease, not what was reported earlier, which I would describe as more of a "scratch." Two very different issues. But yes. Glad they are replacing that for you.
Yes, I agree that this is a different matter. I appreciate that Lucid recognized the issue and is happily fixing it. I’m pretty sure if this was a Tesla, I would have been told that my fat ass caused it, even though I weigh 175 lbs soaking wet. The reality with real leather is that no two pieces are the same and flaws can come out later that were not discovered at the factory.

Well to be fair I was the very first turo Lucid I actually made history on internet and I was the first that used the Lucid so it wasn’t like multiple users yet
Fair enough. That’s clearly a very clean cut, as if with a blade, but could have been a rip.

If it had been delivered that way, Lucid would replace it for sure. I haven’t had a single rip, fwiw.

Back