OTA 2.1.2 / 2.1.3

I updated to 2.1.3 a few days ago. Many great new features. Love the passive lock options and Nav updates. But, I have to agree with previous comments about HA. It seemed like a good idea, but I found the car to feel unstable in HA, moving side into side, albeit within the lane. It seemed more of a distraction than an assist. I ended up switching to adaptive cruise only and don’t plan to use the lane centering until it gets updated again.
I agree and its really sad because HA was SO GOOD before.

Mine is at the service center for the same problem. CarPlay microphone works fine in my other cars so it is not related to the phone. They are checking the microphones.
Let me know how the mic check goes please. I have lots of audio issues on calls as well where people cannot hear me properly.

Appreciate your response to this and you're right about everything you typed. My only question is then what's the purpose of having Passive unlocking if one of the requirements on the phone is to have the app running (foreground or background). Meaning, if I have to remember to open the app at some point prior to approaching the car, then I have to be actively engaging in the unlocking of the car.
Another thing I've noticed is many a times I do pro-actively open the app let's say 10 minutes or so prior to getting into the car such that I give it enough time to 'wake up' and all that stuff. However, when I approach the car, it doesn't recognize the app being open. Turns out the app was automatically closed and doesn't appear in my 'Open apps' screen. Usually it's okay but now with the heat and probably carrying stuff in your hands, you now have to re-open the app, hope and pray it quickly 'wakes up' and recognizes the car coz sometimes you have to again shut down / close the app and re-open it to make the loading screen go away and make you feel dumb by how quickly now it's available to be interacted with!
Keep in mind, the Key Fob uses Bluetooth and so you will not have the "this may take up to 30 seconds" experience you have when opening the app to initiate commands to the car. It's a subtle but important distinction.

Lucid App for Initiating Commands --> Uses Internet --> 3 way handshake required between App and Lucid Servers and Vehicle before you can initiate commands.
Lucid App for Key Fob -> Uses Bluetooth --> No reliance on handshake between App and Lucid Servers and Vehicle. Vehicle will unlock when your phone is in Bluetooth range.

With the App open (foreground or background), even prior to 3 way handshake completing your car will unlock.

Background processing should be started at phone boot.
The mobile key uses bluetooth and background process.
The mobile key does not reliably work on android.
Android "open apps" other than the 1 or 2 on the screen are not active or background... this is just a means to optimize app start/restart.

timed charging has a bug... if you change the charge limit, then use the timed charging, it starts upon plugging in... last time, didn't change limit, and it seems to work better...

timed charging has a bug... if you change the charge limit, then use the timed charging, it starts upon plugging in... last time, didn't change limit, and it seems to work better...

Wow…what a mess.

Anyone with 2.1.2 yet get 2.1.3? I have not but am remote & AIRistotle may not be connected to WiFi
I have 2.1.2 downloaded and ready to install. I'm wondering if I will get 2.1.3 and install that rather than the bugged 2.1.2

Only Hyundai and Tesla have it, not Rivian. Rivian does not have blind spot turn signal screen when you turn signal. Lucid was the first to do that on instrument cluster.
Honda has had this since 2016

Anyone with 2.1.2 yet get 2.1.3? I have not but am remote & AIRistotle may not be connected to WiFi
I've never connected my Lucid to WiFi and I get all updates ready to install a day or two after they show up on the forum

Just got back from oversees and tested out easy exit. I’m delighted to find that it works flawlessly!

Last edited:
I have 2.1.2 downloaded and ready to install. I'm wondering if I will get 2.1.3 and install that rather than the bugged 2.1.2
They are the same except possibility of seat homing. Not buggy.

Can anyone tell me where I can locate easy exit and passive lock features in 2.1.3? I’m not sure if my OTA was successful because I just can find these features.
Settings, vehicle, seats

2.1.3 has been pausing almost like.. stuttering my Spotify playback during (native) navigation audio turn by turn voice instructions. on 2.0.71 it would pause the music clearly and the nav would say "turn left in x miles" but now it like.. double-triple pauses before saying the same thing. Pretty annoying! My temporary workaround was just muting the nav 😂

Honda has had this since 2016

I mean the only EV to do that. I don’t see Honda does that. I have a Honda Accord EX-L Hybrid. I don’t see blind spot video on dashboard. Yes, there is bird eyes view.

Just got back from oversees and tested out easy exit. I’m delighted to find that it works flawlessly!

I hope later it can save settings of how far to push back like Rivian does. I’m sure it will be there. Rivian had many OTA iteration on that improvement, even had mobile unit come to my home to calibrate it after first OTA failure. But their now software can calibrate with one touch of button to move driver seat in different directions.

I appreciate any software improvement. Lucid is just small company of 5900 (after recent 18% layoff of 7200), so that to me shows me they don’t stop their effort effort despite becoming more nimble.

I hope later it can save settings of how far to push back like Rivian does. I’m sure it will be there. Rivian had many OTA iteration on that improvement, even had mobile unit come to my home to calibrate it after first OTA failure. But their now software can calibrate with one touch of button to move driver seat in different directions.

I appreciate any software improvement. Lucid is just small company of 5900 (after recent 18% layoff of 7200), so that to me shows me they don’t stop their effort effort despite becoming more nimble.
Yes, I agree. At 5’10” (my family might dispute this number) I’m probably at the end of the range to be able to comfortably hit the brake pedal, but I really like it.

I was expecting a mess with HA based on some of the feedback here, but I felt that my drive this morning was more biased towards the middle or left side of the lane, which if consistent fixes my largest gripe of hugging the right side of the lane. Now if we can get true lane positioning, that will be fantastic. I think what we got was better than it was before the update, so I’ll take the win.

Back