OTA 2.1.2 / 2.1.3

What does that mean? Car won’t constantly unlock and lock itself when near it?
Yes, but if you turn passive lock off, your car will stay on. Best thing would be passive unlock off, and it won't wake your car up all the time when you get near.

What does that mean? Car won’t constantly unlock and lock itself when near it?
FYI: Lucid uses the word "Passive" to mean "without user interaction." It would be easier to think of it as "Automatic."

Until this update, Passive Locking and Unlocking are always ON.

Now, we have more control:
  • When Passive Locking is turned OFF, the car will not lock itself (or turn anything off as far as I can tell) when you walk away. This is a very limited use case, basically if you are actively loading the car and want to leave it unlocked with everything turned on but not drivable without a PIN or the key inside.
  • When Passive Unlocking is turned OFF, it will require a tap on the door handle for the car to unlock, instead of it unlocking automatically when the key (fob/mobile) is detected nearby. This will eliminate the repeated unlocking and locking behavior that many criticize, especially when working in the garage.
In the future, I would like Lucid to introduce some sort of geofencing for these options. I would like the car to automatically unlock when I get near it, except perhaps at home when I want it to stay locked until I actually touch the door handle.

FYI: Lucid uses the word passive to mean "without user interaction." It would be easier to think of it as "Automatic."

Until this update, Passive Locking and Unlocking are always ON.

Now, we have more control:
  • When Passive Locking is turned OFF, the car will not lock itself (or turn anything off as far as I can tell) when you walk away. This is a very limited use case, basically if you are actively loading the car and want to leave it unlocked with everything turned on but not drivable without a PIN or the key inside.
  • When Passive Unlocking is turned OFF, it will require a tap on the door handle for the car to unlock, instead of it unlocking automatically when the key (fob/mobile) is detected nearby. This will eliminate the repeated unlocking and locking behavior that many criticize, especially when working in the garage.
In the future, I would like Lucid to introduce some sort of geofencing for these options. I would like the car to automatically unlock when I get near it, except perhaps at home when I want it to stay locked until I actually touch the door handle.
So therefore for 'Passive Locking & Unlocking", would it even matter if the app itself is turned ON the phone?

This is already there sort of, no? If it doesn't unlock automatically, you can press the door handles to force unlock it.

I wonder if there's a way to open the trunk with passive unlock off.

So therefore for 'Passive Locking & Unlocking", would it even matter if the app itself is turned ON the phone?
iPhone: whether the app is running or not has no bearing on mobile key.
Android: varies, see www.Lucidupdates.com FAQ section for info

This is already there sort of, no? If it doesn't unlock automatically, you can press the door handles to force unlock it.

I wonder if there's a way to open the trunk with passive unlock off.
The trunk functionality is not changed.

So, the general consensus is few owners, other than the test group, have received 2.1.2 yet?

Remember, this forum represents less than 1% of owners.
I bet it's much higher than that when you include the stalking owners, and it's probably a good sample size. I would agree it's less than 1% if you're saying active, vocal forum members.

Remember, this forum represents less than 1% of owners.
Sure, it's not a statistically significant sample, but I can extrapolate...the government does when they audit my medical services claims. 😅

So, the general consensus is few owners, other than the test group, have received 2.1.2 yet?
I'm a Dream Edition owner and still have not received the update. On the other hand I'm not in a big hurry to get it anyway so I'm being patient. If I don't have it by the end of next week I will start to think something may be wrong with my wi-fi connection as I did have that problem with one of the earliest updates a year or more ago.

Reactions: DJL
I'm a Dream Edition owner and still have not received the update. On the other hand I'm not in a big hurry to get it anyway so I'm being patient. If I don't have it by the end of next week I will start to think something may be wrong with my wi-fi connection as I did have that problem with one of the earliest updates a year or more ago.
I usually get updates within 24h after they are released, but nothing yet. I‘ll wait as I am not taking any long trips in a while. It looks like they are sending out the batches very slowly.

Just got an email from Michael in CS. I asked if they can reprint Moroney Labels and 2.1.2.

"Unfortunately, we are unable to generate a new Monroney label at this time. The 2.1.2 update is rolling out to all vehicle in waves and will be reaching your vehicle very soon."

For what it is worth, I am a beta tester and still have not received the up date. I was at the service center this week and the service manager confirmed that this OTA is not a beta version and is being rolled out to everyone. Since it is pretty large and there are more owners, it may take a while before everyone gets it. Thus, be patient, like a good things, it will come. It is jus tso hard to wait....

I usually get updates within 24h after they are released, but nothing yet. I‘ll wait as I am not taking any long trips in a while. It looks like they are sending out the batches very slowly.
Same here. Nothing yet. I actually have a 5 hour road trip today so I am a little bummed as several of the features would have been useful.

For what it is worth, I am a beta tester and still have not received the up date. I was at the service center this week and the service manager confirmed that this OTA is not a beta version and is being rolled out to everyone. Since" it is pretty large and there are more owners, it may take a while before everyone gets it. Thus, be patient, like a good things, it will come. It is jus tso hard to wait....
We need to iron out this "beta tester" thing. If you mean that you were in the group of a bunch owners who got 2.0 software for advanced testing, that was a one-time thing. Currently, there are 5 of us who get the software early and give feedback. Unlike Tesla, Lucid does not release beta software at all.

All owners will eventually get it but they are rolling out this extremely large update in smaller batches than usual.

Same here. Nothing yet. I actually have a 5 hour road trip today so I am a little bummed as several of the features would have been useful.
It's Ok, I was hoping I can get it last week right before my 2300 miles road trip. Still didn't get it after I completed my trip yesterday.

Back