OTA 2.1.2 / 2.1.3

We need to iron out this "beta tester" thing. If you mean that you were in the group of a bunch owners who got 2.0 software for advanced testing, that was a one-time thing. Currently, there are 5 of us who get the software early and give feedback. Unlike Tesla, Lucid does not release beta software at all.

All owners will eventually get it but they are rolling out this extremely large update in smaller batches than usual.
How many days of large downloads did you notice before getting the update? I haven’t seen any increased downloads yet

I was just in Scottsdale service center, for something else, and told the 2.1.2 rollout is currently on hold.
Sounds like what will roll out will be 2.1.3 or later... when its eventually does rollout. Reading this thread it is interesting that this seems to be the first OTA update that needs a companion visit to a service center to calibrate the seats. That seems like a tough logistical problem for the rollout. Why is that visit necessary?

Sounds like what will roll out will be 2.1.3 or later... when its eventually does rollout. Reading this thread it is interesting that this seems to be the first OTA update that needs a companion visit to a service center to calibrate the seats. That seems like a tough logistical problem for the rollout. Why is that visit necessary?
I'm not sure if this is why, but some folks have found that when they try to use the easy entry/exit feature, it is not available. This may be due to the seat needing a "homing" procedure which cannot be done remotely. Perhaps they have figured out a solution and will roll out new software. Personally, I have no knowledge of the software being on hold or what is going to happen.

I'm not sure if this is why, but some folks have found that when they try to use the easy entry/exit feature, it is not available. This may be due to the seat needing a "homing" procedure which cannot be done remotely. Perhaps they have figured out a solution and will roll out new software. Personally, I have no knowledge of the software being on hold or what is going to happen.
I was thinking that that might be why they are rolling this update out more slowly than usual. I have no idea what percentage of owners need the homing procedure, but even if it's something low like 2%, that's a lot of service calls for Lucid. to deal with.

I was thinking that that might be why they are rolling this update out more slowly than usual. I have no idea what percentage of owners need the homing procedure, but even if it's something low like 2%, that's a lot of service calls for Lucid. to deal with.
Another reason why I think they should have a "Steering wheel only" option. As it stands (and I know I've said this earlier) the seat upon easy entry moves way, way too low even for my healthy back - it is much less comfortable to basically sit on the floor to get in the car. And there doesn't seem to be a "steering wheel homing" procedure.

I will for now not ask for the nice to have features and try to provide as specific data as possible to Lucid and EA to get Lucid to charge at least as well as Hyundai BMW and others at the same station at the same time at similar SoC. I reported one specific station like that today. When we are on the road what does it matter if the seat goes back to let you in and out easily if you are worried about charging or if we have Android Auto, more advanced traffic jam assist, V2H etc?

I get in and out of my car every day, I don’t really need traffic jam assist (and it’s probably not included in DD Premium), and V2H is also rarely necessary. I have an iPhone. I charge at home and on my few road trips EA has worked for me. So yes, I’m more concerned about the seats, and I can only advocate for my own needs :)

My understanding is that dd pro will include traffic jam assist and one fine day even adas level 4 but that is almost fiction because it requires a lot of changes in infrastructure beyond the control of any automaker.

I will for now not ask for the nice to have features and try to provide as specific data as possible to Lucid and EA to get Lucid to charge at least as well as Hyundai BMW and others at the same station at the same time at similar SoC. I reported one specific station like that today. When we are on the road what does it matter if the seat goes back to let you in and out easily if you are worried about charging or if we have Android Auto, more advanced traffic jam assist, V2H etc?
I have to agree with you, although I still want the OTA improvements. My trip to LA from the North SF Bay was miserable because of the EA charging situation. I figure if you can’t reliably charge in CA with EA, you can’t do it anywhere. Lucid needs to decouple from EA asap and figure out how to get on board with Tesla’s network. I also think that someone at EA needs to go to jail, but that’s another story.

I have to agree with you, although I still want the OTA improvements. My trip to LA from the North SF Bay was miserable because of the EA charging situation. I figure if you can’t reliably charge in CA with EA, you can’t do it anywhere. Lucid needs to decouple from EA asap and figure out how to get on board with Tesla’s network. I also think that someone at EA needs to go to jail, but that’s another story.
I agree EA is simply unusable here. The one I have been to in Denton TX at a Walmart has 5 bays and at any given time only 3 may be working. You cannot really park the Lucid in their parking spaces either. They are at an angle and you would scratch the front in 3 of the 5.

No wonder we get 3 years free. One charge per year if it’s a miracle in this area 😂.

I have yet to have a failure to charge from any EA charger in Colorado, Wyoming, or Montana. The later two states not exactly being known for EV charging capability.

The last charge I did in Wyoming did require me to authorize with my own credit card, as both plug and charge and the Lucid app could not get it going. Still got my charge in reasonable time and got home safely. I can file for reimbursement for the charge. It was the same day Lucid was having issues with its servers, so I figure that may have been related. Also possible the EA software was jacked that day. Charged in that same spot four days earlier and it worked fine.

Who knows? I didn’t bother calling EA because I have better things to do with my time.

The only thing I care about when charging is whether I can get my battery where it needs to be in a reasonable time frame. So far, I have a 100% success rate at that.

I hate to see so many others here having these issues. Though it seems many of the complaints are less about not being able to charge at all and more about not having the perfect, optimal charging experience. Such is life.

For those who actually could not get a charge going at all, I hope your experiences get better soon.

i have found that the plug and play has now worked well for several months and have not had any issues connecting in SD or on trips. That much I appreciate Lucid for fixing the software (or working with EA to fix theirs). The issue I have is charging speed (with fewer broken units). i consider pulling 90 kW on a 350kW station with a preconditioned battery at 30% a failed charge. Unfortunately, it happens most of the time. I think I have only gotten higher Than 150kW once on the last 10 EA charges. I don’t think I have ever pulled much more than 200kW and the 350 stations tend to always be lower than the 150’s. While I wish that 2.1 software would fix the issue, unfortunately it is an EA problem.

i have found that the plug and play has now worked well for several months and have not had any issues connecting in SD or on trips. That much I appreciate Lucid for fixing the software (or working with EA to fix theirs). The issue I have is charging speed (with fewer broken units). i consider pulling 90 kW on a 350kW station with a preconditioned battery at 30% a failed charge. Unfortunately, it happens most of the time. I think I have only gotten higher Than 150kW once on the last 10 EA charges. I don’t think I have ever pulled much more than 200kW and the 350 stations tend to always be lower than the 150’s. While I wish that 2.1 software would fix the issue, unfortunately it is an EA problem.
I'm not sure how long you're preconditioning, but I found substantial improvement when preconditioning for 25 minutes. Previously, I was about 18 minutes.

Went from about 74 to 147 at the same charging station I always visit. SOC ~ 40%

I gotta say I think the problem is EA unit brand differences. The last time I charged on EA 150 I got 172kw from 14% SOC to over 50% SOC on an ABB unit. I think the Signet 350 are the problem.

I'm not sure how long you're preconditioning, but I found substantial improvement when preconditioning for 25 minutes. Previously, I was about 18 minutes.

Went from about 74 to 147 at the same charging station I always visit. SOC ~ 40%
At least 20’, usually ~30’ as I charge on long trips. perhaps the 2.1 version with automatic preconditioning will help.

I gotta say I think the problem is EA unit brand differences. The last time I charged on EA 150 I got 172kw from 14% SOC to over 50% SOC on an ABB unit. I think the Signet 350 are the problem.
Yes. i have gotten in the 170’s on the 150 chargers, but that is rare. Again, hoping the 2.1 update will help with charging speeds, especially with the automatic precondition feature.

Back