No longer able to ‘Design Yours’ on website?

LucidMike

Cars
Zenith Red Touring
Out of curiosity, I just tried to configure a Touring on the site to see what the current pricing is but when I clicked on ‘design yours’, it just showed me available cars. Is that all they’re selling now? If so, that’s troubling.

Out of curiosity, I just tried to configure a Touring on the site to see what the current pricing is but when I clicked on ‘design yours’, it just showed me available cars. Is that all they’re selling now? If so, that’s troubling.
While they clear inventory and ramp up production of the RWD Pure, yes. It’s temporary and smart logistically.

Having looked at their list of available cars, it just looks like almost every configuration is available. I think this approach is actually more straightforward.

A dream Drive premium or dream drive pro Pure could appear if someone cancels their order. I was able to get a dream Drive premium by checking the list of available Pures frequently and snapping it up when I saw it.

(if you want to get fancy, you can just ask ChatGPT or other AI to write a script for you to check the list of available cars every few minute and send you an alert if a DDP Pure becomes available.)

Reactions: DBV
A dream Drive premium or dream drive pro Pure could appear if someone cancels their order. I was able to get a dream Drive premium by checking the list of available Pures frequently and snapping it up when I saw it.

(if you want to get fancy, you can just ask ChatGPT or other AI to write a script for you to check the list of available cars every few minute and send you an alert if a DDP Pure becomes available.)
The problem is, there are no orders to be cancelled. They are only offering inventory vehicles now. We would've got a pure by end of september, however there were no DDP cars so we decided to wait until November for the 2024 model year as well as gravity.

The problem is, there are no orders to be cancelled. They are only offering inventory vehicles now. We would've got a pure by end of september, however there were no DDP cars so we decided to wait until November for the 2024 model year as well as gravity.
Orders can still be canceled. Someone can choose something in inventory and for a variety of reasons opt not to buy during the process or someone that did configure and pre-order can back out of the sale which would place that vehicle into inventory. Your best best is to work with a sales advisor if you want one now..

Is lucid planning to have 2024 models, other than pure rwd, sapphire, and gravity? I also thought about waiting until 2024 air models were announced, but I can’t find anything about 2024 models for “normal” Airs, so I decided to get the 2023 car now

Is lucid planning to have 2024 models, other than pure rwd, sapphire, and gravity? I also thought about waiting until 2024 air models were announced, but I can’t find anything about 2024 models for “normal” Airs, so I decided to get the 2023 car now
The chances they would discontinue the touring and GT are probably in the negative numbers.

While they clear inventory and ramp up production of the RWD Pure, yes. It’s temporary and smart logistically.
I was at the La Jolla studio yesterday. I was in the mall for lunch and stopped in to say hello. That's pretty much what they said.

When the prices dropped (and 0.99% financing went away, making it a small difference in many cases) they initially had the Grand Touring saying "available Q1 2024." I don't remember about the Touring. Then they opened it up for orders a few days later. Ones in inventory come with Dream Drive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro at no extra cost. I was expecting to wait until next year, but they recently found one in the middle of the country from something that fell through. So after months of waiting, they came up with a VIN and I'm getting inventory pricing.

It makes sense for the recent change showing inventory cars only, since they have a hard time moving new cars with an older model year, even if the only real difference is just one character in the VIN. They even have some 2022 VINs in inventory if you ask about it and want 0% financing. For the GT inventory, I saw one in white, and lots in silver and gray, and maybe one in black. So selection is more limited, but you get more features. And for $7000, you can get a top quality rap if you really want a different color.

But the bottom line is that had I not taken this one, they would have gotten me one early next year anyway. They definitely plan to start them up again, but in the interim they are concentrating on the Pure rather than having parts for every possible configuration sitting at the factory. It makes sense logistically. I would have gotten one at my order agreement price next year, which would have meant extra for those two options. Once ordering opens up, prices will be what they will be.

Not for pures, sadly. There are NO DDP cars at all.

I am deeply confused here. In fact, I decided to go ahead and register, even though my order is still in the "refundable deposit" stage, to get clarification.

My understanding was that DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro were controlled purely by software. I'm pretty sure I was told by my SA that all cars were built with the same audio hardware and the same cameras/LIDAR/whatever and that the additional features could be activated OTA.

This post suggests my understanding is not correct.

I am deeply confused here. In fact, I decided to go ahead and register, even though my order is still in the "refundable deposit" stage, to get clarification.

My understanding was that DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro were controlled purely by software. I'm pretty sure I was told by my SA that all cars were built with the same audio hardware and the same cameras/LIDAR/whatever and that the additional features could be activated OTA.

Not all of the cars have the hardware

It seems that this used to be the case around January, howver they may have stopped this recently?

I have a pure with DD premium. I don't have some of the cameras and hardware needed for highway assist features so can never activate them in the future.

These response have me concerned about other things that I think I know.

I'm in on one of the 2022 inventory AGTs. I asked more than once, and was repeatedly assured, that the hardware on all of the '22 models was identical to AGTs being built during Q3.

I'm not concerned about small things like Lucid sourcing identical-spec cameras from a different vendor, and I'm not super concerned about Lucid failing to address recall items before delivery, but I expect the car to functionally behave (and future software updates to work) exactly like a car that just came off the line, and for this to be true more or less for eternity.

Last edited:
I worked with a couple of the Sales guys at the end of August. . I had legacy pricing on a Pure, but couldn’t find any in inventory with free dual motor. DDP and Surround Pro. They knew I wasn’t going to buy at the legacy pricing without the free upgrades.

They were in the midst of moving a Calif car to Texas, when someone cancelled a car sitting in Houston. Rep grabbed it for me.

So, catching one in a listing update may be hard, but work with sales advisor and be a bit tenacious, but serious about buying. Not leasing. They want to sell cars, not get them back.

That said, the 18 month lease for a Pure or Touring and a bridge to the SUV would have been tempting.

These response have me concerned about other things that I think I know.

I'm in on one of the 2022 inventory AGTs. I asked more than once, and was repeatedly assured, that the hardware on all of the '22 models was identical to AGTs being built during Q3.

I'm not concerned about small things like Lucid sourcing identical-spec cameras from a different vendor, and I'm not super concerned about Lucid failing to address recall items before delivery, but I expect the car to functionally behave (and future software updates to work) exactly like a car that just came off the line, and for this to be true more or less for eternity.
As far as I know, GT models have all of the hardware.

Wow, that’s amazing. How does that work?

Wow, that’s amazing. How does that work?
I mean, somebody did it for Rivian with the R1 shop, I would imagine it is similar? AI is not needed as GPT can't scrape 2023 info(bard can, but not to minute accuracy) but just a simple Java scraper is needed.

Back