Arizona Registration - Check your Lucid valuation

I just received a call from the DMV advising that my MSRP has been updated to $95,000. They processed my renewal for $662.88 and are sending a refund for $393, representing the overpayment.

Looking at my account online I see there was a TnR correction by Airpark Motor Vehicle Services LLC yesterday.
Just got a call, mine was changed to 95k. Man, am I glad I just didn't pay Airpark the 113k they were asking! I'm just curious, how many of us are overpaying VLT with other vehicles.

Mine was based off the MSRP when purchased in April 2022. It is a GT. What is everyone else with the same car around the same time paying? I just paid $868.49 for 2024. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6184.jpeg
    IMG_6184.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 36
Mine was based off the MSRP when purchased in April 2022. It is a GT. What is everyone else with the same car around the same time paying? I just paid $868.49 for 2024. Thanks
Mine is February of 2022 and was $139k valuation. Its looks like they included the delivery fee in yours that should not have been included. My renewal for 2024 is $837.

Mine is February of 2022 and was $139k valuation. Its looks like they included the delivery fee in yours that should not have been included. My renewal for 2024 is $837.
Unfortunately, I am not the original buyer so I don’t have the original docs. I bought used in November 2022. That being said, not worth the fight to me at this time for a difference of $30. Thank you for the info, I appreciate it!

Why was mine 154… :(

Just got a call, mine was changed to 95k. Man, am I glad I just didn't pay Airpark the 113k they were asking! I'm just curious, how many of us are overpaying VLT with other vehicles.
While my current renewal has been corrected, I likely overpaid during my car purchase in December 2022. While the DMV updated the price for calculating Touring license fees to an MSRP of $95,000, upon reviewing my purchase agreement from December 2022, I noticed that my license fee was based on a cash price of $112,550, which included accessories and the destination fee. (The license fee amounted to $900.40, calculated by multiplying $112,550 by 0.20 (20% assessed value) and then by 0.04 ($4 for each $100 in value).) Had the MSRP been used, it appears I may have overpaid by $140.40 at the time of the initial purchase.

While I'm relieved this issue has been rectified for the current year and future transactions, I don't intend to pursue the $140.40 discrepancy. Thanks @gaskiller for bringing this issue to our attention.

Just curious would this fix apply to a GT listed as 154k??

While my current renewal has been corrected, I likely overpaid during my car purchase in December 2022. While the DMV updated the price for calculating Touring license fees to an MSRP of $95,000, upon reviewing my purchase agreement from December 2022, I noticed that my license fee was based on a cash price of $112,550, which included accessories and the destination fee. (The license fee amounted to $900.40, calculated by multiplying $112,550 by 0.20 (20% assessed value) and then by 0.04 ($4 for each $100 in value).) Had the MSRP been used, it appears I may have overpaid by $140.40 at the time of the initial purchase.

While I'm relieved this issue has been rectified for the current year and future transactions, I don't intend to pursue the $140.40 discrepancy. Thanks @gaskiller for bringing this issue to our attention.
Yes, I overpaid as well during purchase. When I was talking to the DMV rep, she said dealers usually calculate the VLT when submitting initial registration. I'm going to let the $140 go, don't feel like creating another headache. Not worth the hassle. At least, I'm glad DMV corrected.

Just curious would this fix apply to a GT listed as 154k??
It was for the Touring models registered in Dec 2022- there was no option to select Touring in 2022, so AZ DMV selected Grand Touring and valued cars at 154k, which obviously the wrong valuation.

May register my GT in AZ what is the yearly fee approximately?

For the purchase of a new vehicle, take the price you are paying net of discounts but before doc fees and DATC... then take 60% of that, and then take 2.8% of that. So, for example, a white 2024 Pure RWD at the advertised price of workout as follows: $77,400 * 60% * 2.8% = 1,300.32. Then, add around $15 of misc fees to that.

For the purchase of a new vehicle, take the price you are paying net of discounts but before doc fees and DATC... then take 60% of that, and then take 2.8% of that. So, for example, a white 2024 Pure RWD at the advertised price of workout as follows: $77,400 * 60% * 2.8% = 1,300.32. Then, add around $15 of misc fees to that.
MY APOLOGIES! THE ABOVE IS WRONG. You have to add on the doc fees and destination fees BEFORE the calculation, so $77,400 + $75 + $1,500 =$78,975 * 60% * 2.8% = $1,326.78 + $15 misc fees. Sorry!

Well I got my 1 year renewal 2000$ … going to get wrecked. I hate the base value of this car is 159,000 … I bought my car used too for less…
Is everyone else getting this wrecked ?
az lucid air 2022 Grand Touring
@Adnillien @Pwmac wrecked anything we can do?
IMG_5232.jpeg

Quick update: I just got my registration information to register my used Dream Edition Performance and they evaluated my vehicle at $170k.

I have some problems with this though and spoke with the associate dealing with my file. What she told me was that it was a third party database that they use to evaluate the cars value. So they plug in the vin and it spits back a number. She said there is no way to appeal this either. It seems like that database does not keep up with price changes though.

Unfortunately in my case, they will never update that number since the car trim isn't manufactured anymore. I asked a question along the lines of "In theory, since my car isn't produced anymore, in 50 years if someone were to import this vehicle into AZ, they would be taxed for a vehicle with an MSRP of $170k?" And she told me that is true. So a really janky system and I am hoping one of you make some headway in the appeals process because I got the car for $90k. Almost a 50% depreciation and the state could care less since the MSRP never changed nor will it ever change.
Did you find a fix just got my renewal for 2000$ lol wrecked

Well I got my 1 year renewal 2000$ … going to get wrecked. I hate the base value of this car is 159,000 … I bought my car used too for less…
Is everyone else getting this wrecked ?
az lucid air 2022 Grand Touring
@Adnillien @Pwmac wrecked anything we can do?
View attachment 19728
Mine is significantly less for a couple of reasons. 2022 was a transition year so the tax rate was about half of the 2023 rate. Note the 2021 rate was about 10% of the current rate. The 2022 rate only applies to new registrations in 2022, it is not dependent on the model year of the car. My car was only valued at $139k since that is what Lucid was selling them for at the time.

Mine is significantly less for a couple of reasons. 2022 was a transition year so the tax rate was about half of the 2023 rate. Note the 2021 rate was about 10% of the current rate. The 2022 rate only applies to new registrations in 2022, it is not dependent on the model year of the car. My car was only valued at $139k since that is what Lucid was selling them for at the time.
Should I dispute this then? How did the car sell for 154k ??
IMG_5234.jpeg

Elsewhere in this forum, at least a few people said that their AZ registration was based on their car's MSRP, rather than what they actually paid. I registered mine here in November, 2023 and my registration was based on the price I paid rather than the MSRP. If you paid based on MSRP, I would take it up with the AZ DMV. (I think you would find them to be reasonable people.) Adnillien was absolutely right though... The cheap EV registration party ended in AZ at the end of 2022, but those fortunate enough to get on that train will be grandfathered forever. I'm envious!

Elsewhere in this forum, at least a few people said that their AZ registration was based on their car's MSRP, rather than what they actually paid. I registered mine here in November, 2023 and my registration was based on the price I paid rather than the MSRP. If you paid based on MSRP, I would take it up with the AZ DMV. (I think you would find them to be reasonable people.) Adnillien was absolutely right though... The cheap EV registration party ended in AZ at the end of 2022, but those fortunate enough to get on that train will be grandfathered forever. I'm envious!
Wait they let you pay based on what you paid vs MSRP do you now how that would work with a used vehicle ? I purchase for 99k

Wait they let you pay based on what you paid vs MSRP do you now how that would work with a used vehicle ? I purchase for 99k
Yes, and I bought it new, and it happened naturally. BTW, if you are trying to work out a thorny issue with the DMV, my experience has been that it's WAY better to go to one of their offices, rather than just phoning your inquiry in. The latter often results with little more than a scripted response, where the DMV agent at the office can quickly kick an issue up to someone who can actually do something about it. I was serious when I said that I have found them to be quite reasonable people. IF you keep your cool, and calmly explain your situation, they tend to identify with the person at least as much as the state. Can't hurt to try!

Yes, and I bought it new, and it happened naturally. BTW, if you are trying to work out a thorny issue with the DMV, my experience has been that it's WAY better to go to one of their offices, rather than just phoning your inquiry in. The latter often results with little more than a scripted response, where the DMV agent at the office can quickly kick an issue up to someone who can actually do something about it. I was serious when I said that I have found them to be quite reasonable people. IF you keep your cool, and calmly explain your situation, they tend to identify with the person at least as much as the state. Can't hurt to try!
Yeah can’t hurt I will try :) I hate the DMV though I remember getting that number and waiting hours to speak to some

Back