Generate Buzz for Lucid Air/Lucid Motors

I have asked Lucid on multiple occasions for marketing materials such as pamphlets, business cards, a plaqards to purchase with award listed, etc to no avail. If I could only give something to people to look up, I would save time, questions, and direct people to what they really want to know.
I agree. i see no other Airs in my area, and people are always asking me about the car. i Have often wished I had something to give them rather than just saying, “Go to Lucidmotors.com.” I am not sure how much emphasis Lucid is putting into advertising, but the majority of people who Ask me about the car have neither seen one nor heard of the brand.

I don’t understand why they don’t do this. I know we can’t represent the company but if we could just help people to get information I don’t see what harm we could do. I am concerned that a lot of the negative posts in this forum may give people the wrong idea about quality and the company’s responsiveness. A year ago when I took delivery I knew there would be bugs. But I have been very impressed with the improvements. The few issues I have had were either fixed over the phone or the field service staff came and fixed it. A friend got a new Tycan a couple of months before I got my GT. It was in the shop for weeks at a time. Eventually they took it back and gave him a new one. But that took several months. He spent over half a year driving a loner.

Gravity may be the solution for sales but if they don’t do a better job marketing I am not optimistic. They have the best sports sedan on the market and they can’t sell all they can produce. People aren’t going to buy it if they can’t see it and drive. I had to drive from Naples Florida to Miami to see one. Then I had to drive to West Palm beach to test drive one. In total I drove over 12 hours before I ordered it. I find it incredible that they haven’t opened a show room in Tampa that could serve Orlando,Tampa, Sarasota, Fort Myers and Naples. Mike

I don’t understand why they don’t do this. I know we can’t represent the company but if we could just help people to get information I don’t see what harm we could do. I am concerned that a lot of the negative posts in this forum may give people the wrong idea about quality and the company’s responsiveness. A year ago when I took delivery I knew there would be bugs. But I have been very impressed with the improvements. The few issues I have had were either fixed over the phone or the field service staff came and fixed it. A friend got a new Tycan a couple of months before I got my GT. It was in the shop for weeks at a time. Eventually they took it back and gave him a new one. But that took several months. He spent over half a year driving a loner.

Gravity may be the solution for sales but if they don’t do a better job marketing I am not optimistic. They have the best sports sedan on the market and they can’t sell all they can produce. People aren’t going to buy it if they can’t see it and drive. I had to drive from Naples Florida to Miami to see one. Then I had to drive to West Palm beach to test drive one. In total I drove over 12 hours before I ordered it. I find it incredible that they haven’t opened a show room in Tampa that could serve Orlando,Tampa, Sarasota, Fort Myers and Naples. Mike
The sad part is that they wont lean into the sport image. It is focused on posh, as the ad campaigns show.
See this thread, we discussed that there https://lucidowners.com/threads/new-video-the-escape.6251/page-3#post-148595

In the "Hunting wild Lucid Airs" thread, I gave a comment Peter Rawlinson made in the recent 2023 Q2 Earnings Call. In that same call, he made some excellent comments that fit into this thread about Generating Buzz for Lucid Air/Lucid Motors. For emphasis, I put some of his comments quoted below in BOLD.

"Over the last 2 quarters, I spoke about the company's 2 strategic priorities: growing brand awareness and cost efficiencies. Now whilst we still have work to do, I'm pleased to say that some of the initiatives we've actioned are seeing solid progress. We saw another strong increase in the number of test drives sequentially through Q2, and the third-party data shows that our brand awareness in the luxury and premium segment is growing to a much stronger place. And as our fleet size grows, so does the number of Lucid Air sightings. We believe that there is a marketing and demand benefit when we achieve a critical mass of vehicles on the road, and we're making headway here.

"Our customers are some of our most ardent advocates, and we want to reward them for their fervor. And with our brand awareness moving in the right direction, we're now putting more energy behind it to capitalize upon the interest, including the recent reinstatement of Lucid's original pricing."

One thing he said that caught my attention is this.

"...I think we want to make the car competitively priced to make it a super compelling proposition which I think it is now. I think it's an absolute bargain right now, quite frankly. We need to add more vehicles to the visible fleet on the road. We're always willing to adjust to market conditions. I think that's very important to retain that flexibility. The key is to get product out into the wild in customers' hands. That's the best marketing tool we've got."

IMHO, offering and advertising the reduction in price on the Pure in particular was a way to emphasize this "super compelling proposition." I think that the more Lucid can do to get Air Pures in the wild and in front of as many people as possible, the more likely it is that some people who would have never know about Lucid will be driven to the website. Then, some of that interest could very well be converted to even a few additional sales. After all, some additional sales (and deliveries!) is better than none! It's also possible that interested customers who see an Air in the wild and go to the Lucid website will also be attracted to the other compelling versions of Air. This could result in one or more sales of a AT or AGT.

I would like to know concretely what they are doing to leverage the support of their enthusiastic owners. I don’t understand why they don’t sponsor local owner’s clubs. I remember going to local Porsche club events in the early 1970’s and seeing a Parking lot full of immaculate 911’s and 356’s. Even more impressive was to see 15 or 20 on the road in a rally. PCA did a lot to help Porsche. It certainly enhanced loyalty and owner knowledge. I remember the days when we would flash our lights at each other when we saw one on the highway. Over the years cars got dull and looked alike. Lucid is unique and exciting. Build on it while you have it. Mike

I would like to know concretely what they are doing to leverage the support of their enthusiastic owners. I don’t understand why they don’t sponsor local owner’s clubs. I remember going to local Porsche club events in the early 1970’s and seeing a Parking lot full of immaculate 911’s and 356’s. Even more impressive was to see 15 or 20 on the road in a rally. PCA did a lot to help Porsche. It certainly enhanced loyalty and owner knowledge. I remember the days when we would flash our lights at each other when we saw one on the highway. Over the years cars got dull and looked alike. Lucid is unique and exciting. Build on it while you have it. Mike

Even for Jeep Wrangler enthusiasts, they have amazing subculture. Whenever one pass to another, Wrangler owners usually wave at each other in big smile. And when they like your Wrangler mod, they will come over and hand you a rubber ducky. And owners proudly display those rubber duckies as trophy above dashboard. I didn’t know all these until I actually owned a Jeep Wrangler and was invited to one club. There are so many of those clubs in Texas. Lucid should have some camaraderie culture too. That’s how Tesla built up their reputation by their fanbois, good or bad…

Even for Jeep Wrangler enthusiasts, they have amazing subculture. Whenever one pass to another, Wrangler owners usually wave at each other in big smile. And when they like your Wrangler mod, they will come over and hand you a rubber ducky. And owners proudly display those rubber duckies as trophy above dashboard. I didn’t know all these until I actually owned a Jeep Wrangler and was invited to one club. There are so many of those clubs in Texas. Lucid should have some camaraderie culture too. That’s how Tesla built up their reputation by their fanbois, good or bad…
Maybe we should start some clubs in the places with the most lucids. If that pilot program goes well, it could expand to more places!

Maybe we should start some clubs in the places with the most lucids. If that pilot program goes well, it could expand to more places!
We can use one in Texas, especially we have 1 showroom and 1 delivery center here.

It's great to see all the places and ways where current Lucid owners in states across the country are generating buzz with their vehicles. Washington DC is a great place to generate buzz for a number of reasons.

One reason that I did not know came from an article I read a couple days by Christopher Hickey of CNN. The article was posted on the website of WTOP, the most listened to radio station in the area. The article is called, "Electric cars are breaking sales records, but here’s why they’re not replacing gas cars anytime soon." Most of the article discusses points about sales and charging infrastructure found in other articles that most of us have read over the past months or year. The one point that stood out to me was this:

"....The market share of new EVs is also much higher in California, according to AAI state sales data. The Golden State – along with the District of Columbia – is the only market where electric vehicles made up more than a fifth of all light-duty vehicle sales in March, the most recent month available."

To me, this means that having more Lucid Airs on the streets of DC should be of strategic importance to Lucid. IMO, there is a higher likelihood that residents who are in the market for higher-end EVs will see, research and then add possibly add Lucid to the mix of EVs to consider. As an aside, DC residents who purchase EVs do not have to pay sales tax and vehicle registration costs are greatly reduced for the first 2 years.

If there are more Lucid Airs in the wild in the District of Columbia, it's not just DC residents who are more likely to see the car. It's also the huge number of visitors from across the country who have the opportunity to see a Lucid for the first time.

I turo a Lucid for a week most people know me now first for using a Lucid on turo. It got attention
I also put up signs where I went was fun
To this date I still
Have the signs
IMG_8290.jpeg

In Arizona we have an electric vehicle association EVA and I would suggest everyone get active in their local chapters to spread the electric vehicle adoption

Last edited:
Back