Generate Buzz for Lucid Air/Lucid Motors

On Saturday I went to Disneyland and parked my Grey Touring with the valet at the Grand Californian hotel. When I picked up the car in the evening, the valet guy said, ā€œNice car! Tony Hawk was here the other day with the same carā€. Nice!

On Saturday I went to Disneyland and parked my Grey Touring with the valet at the Grand Californian hotel. When I picked up the car in the evening, the valet guy said, ā€œNice car! Tony Hawk was here the other day with the same carā€. Nice!
A San Diego guy!

@Steve F - These are awesome pics!!! Thanks for sharing.
You hit the nail on the head when you said, "...just show up. The car does the rest."
That is pretty much the bottom line of why I started this thread. Eventually, I would love to share some pics to forum members with places like the Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, US Capitol, etc. in the background.

Gotta agree - I got pretty good auction results for these two, and I'm sure the photogenic backdrop had something to do with it ;)

301PbV6g-6PMQnBvzwtt.jpeg

350gl6aj-MB0PiM1FGu.u_uolqvk3.jpeg

It's that beautiful time of the year here in DC when the famous Cherry Blossoms come out. The blossoms only last for a couple weeks max, so a very large number of visitors come to see them. My family and I never get tired of seeing them each year. There are quite a few places around the area to see them, including by the US Capitol. My wife and I just took a walk to the Capitol to see the many trees, some of which are just starting to bloom.
One of the best places to see the blossoms is around the Jefferson Memorial and Tidal Basin. (see attached picture) The roads in the area are crowded because people want to drive around slowly and take in the beauty.

I couldn't help but think how driving a Lucid Air around would attract some attention as well. Most eyes would be on the cherry trees of course, but I bet a Zenith Red Lucid would also turn heads, especially since the the traffic would be moving so slowly.
Perhaps I'll be able to drive around the area in a Lucid next spring when the blossoms are out again.....

Photo credits go to Jay Wald - Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=95579806

Attachments

• Cherry Trees-Jefferson Memorial & Tidal Basin.png
    Cherry Trees-Jefferson Memorial & Tidal Basin.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 102
Not sure what I just read, but sounds like a plug to get a Lucid Air for free šŸ˜‚

Hey, when I get my Air, I plan on driving it all around Manhattan and NJ. Just about every place I park has some historic building in the background and a magical view of the NYC landscape as well.

Lucid management: please send me an Air Saphire ASAP so I can get the brand more recognition!

I live in Orange County California, and I've had my Zenith Red Lucid Air Grand Touring for 6 months, and in my experience it is a very rare day that goes by where someone does not notice my car and comment on it. The comments have all been positive. While I'm driving, it is common for people to cruise up behind me, then pass on one side or another. I can read lips and they're usually saying something like "oh hey, that's the Lucid!" Tesla drivers seem especially interested, though their expressions are usually more dour.

There are Drive Electric events scheduled for April 23rd in Arlington, VA, as well as Wheaton and Rockville, MD. Check out the locations and go show your Lucid off there with other EVs!

I did my bit to ā€œgenerate buzzā€ for the Lucid Air in my neighbourhood today, but probably not the kind that Lucid Motors would have preferred.

I performed an ā€œunsafe right turn at a red lightā€ in front of a police squad car, and summarily got pulled over and ticketed. I didnā€™t even get the satisfaction of getting spanked for speeding. This was at a busy intersection, at a busy time of day, the late afternoon, with so many drivers commuting home from work.

There I was pulled over on the side of the road, my Air GT gleaming like a dark red ruby, and a Chula Vista PD squad car with lights flashing parked immediately behind me.

I could feel the ā€œschadenfreudeā€ dripping off the passing motorists, as they witnessed ā€œan a$$hole Lucid driverā€ receive his comeuppance.

Iā€™m sure my stop generated buzz alright, and also capped off a very expensive week.

Attachments

• 4DE80F54-FFE0-46BF-9A6D-B3FE77927515.jpeg
    4DE80F54-FFE0-46BF-9A6D-B3FE77927515.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 129
  • B06F1E70-9449-4D27-8B82-3F0EF7C3C0C8.jpeg
    B06F1E70-9449-4D27-8B82-3F0EF7C3C0C8.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 119
I did my bit to ā€œgenerate buzzā€ for the Lucid Air in my neighbourhood today, but probably not the kind that Lucid Motors would have preferred.

I performed an ā€œunsafe right turn at a red lightā€ in front of a police squad car, and summarily got pulled over and ticketed. I didnā€™t even get the satisfaction of getting spanked for speeding. This was at a busy intersection, at a busy time of day, the late afternoon, with so many drivers commuting home from work.

There I was pulled over on the side of the road, my Air GT gleaming like a dark red ruby, and a Chula Vista PD squad car with lights flashing parked immediately behind me.

I could feel the ā€œschadenfreudeā€ dripping off the passing motorists, as they witnessed ā€œan a$$hole Lucid driverā€ receive his comeuppance.

Iā€™m sure my stop generated buzz alright, and also capped off a very expensive week.
I got pulled over once, but the police couldnā€™t find Lucid in DMV database and gave me a warning. šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø

I had my first experience with someone pulling over and asking about my car (Lucid Air Touring). Like others on the forum have experienced, I kept trying to explain to her that Lucid is a new company making cars in the USA. What really would have been great to have in hand was a hand-out or small glossy brochure explaining Lucid. Perhaps Lucid could send out a dozen simple brochures to those owners who request them with a basic explanation of who/what Lucid is and photos of the cars? Then I could have reached in the cubby in my door grabbed a brochure and handed it to the person.

Or just a QR code? tbh if they wanted to put a QR code somehwere on the car - maybe incorporate it into the bear decal - I'd be down.

Back