A recent series of feature requests and bug reports…

kristiandg

Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Folks, I've just submitted the following bug and feature requests, as well as a couple "replace these" requests that will likely fall on deaf ears, but perhaps the more people who send them in, it might help invoke some change. Feel free to copy the text and email it to Lucid ([email protected]) as well, editing it for your own thoughts of course. I'll take no offense to you modifying or disagreeing with my take on these. I posed these over on Facebook in two Lucid forums I’m a member of, and someone asked me to also post here.

=============
Subject = Software Feature Requests: See Attached…

• Auto HighBeam should be set in the user profile, as well as it’s last setting be remembered be stored with your profile, or remembered between usages of the car. neither are the case, and it has to be activated each time.

• Vehicle Settings needs a “Turn Signal Sensitivity” option that allows selection of 3 possible sensitivities for turn signal triggering after a turn (either 3 different degrees or Low/Med/High setting). There are many times my Lucid doesn’t turn it’s signal off on turns that 3 former vehicles have turned them off. Perhaps, also some additional logic to also sense the turn via GPS (that you’re now on a new road).

• Need separate volume controls for the following: Radio, Alexa Voice Prompts, Bluetooth Phone, Bluetooth Voice Prompts, Alert Sounds. This is a MUST, as currently, the volumes are not normalized, and a setting for one type of sound, is far too high/low for another.

• There should be a default volume level, as well as a setting that toggles between restoring this default level on startup, or remembers the last level.

• Ability to access cameras remotely during a security event.

• Remote climate control timer adjustment.

• Ability to adjust the default timer on massages (maybe 3 options 20, 40 60 min).

• Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto (obviously).

=======================
Subject = Software Bugs: Several (See Attached)…

I’ve identified several software bugs listed below, classified by severity (in my mind):

Minor/GUI/Cosmetic:

• When it’s dark out and you enter the vehicle, screen brightness is at full, not the dimmed setting you have it set to for nighttime use. Even after you start driving, it remains bright. The only way to achieve the proper brightness is to adjust the slider, at which point, it then adjusts to the setting. To be clear, while driving in daylight and the threshold for “dark” is met, it does dim properly then. This ONLY happens when it’s already dark upon car start up. My mind tells me the logic issue is caused by it powering on while already in “dark” mode, and not honoring the dark setting accordingly.

• When Auto HighBeam is activated, it is not remembered the next time you enter the vehicle. This should either be stored with your profile, or remembered between usages of the car. neither are the case, and it has to be activated each time.

• Turn signals routinely have to be manually turned off because the “turn” wasn’t harsh enough for it to see it as a successful turn. I know each manufacturer is different, but I’ve had 4 different vehicles in a specific area of road that only the Lucid seems to not realize was a full turn. Recommend some additional logic tied to nav (seeing you turned onto another road name), or a setting that allows 3 possible sensitivities for turn signal (either 3 different degrees or Low/Med/High setting).

• Radio defaults to a specific level every time you get in the car, and always has to be turned down. There should be a default volume level, as well as a setting that restores this default level on startup, or remembers the last level.

• When on wifi in my driveway and TuneIn Radio starts, it plays an advertisement because the stream just started. When I drive off, and the car switches from wifi to internal cellular, the stream is re-started causing another ad to play. The TuneIn app needs to be modified to prevent this

Major/Safety Issue:

• LaneKeeping (not sure what else to call it - those “nudges” it gives you when you’re too close to the edge of the lane), nudges you from the left side far too much. What appears to be happening is that when it nudges you on the left side, it is programmed to flash red 3 times. The logic flaw appears to be that it nudges you until it completes those 3 flashes. This doesn’t appear to happen as frequently on the right side, and I’ve really only noticed it on the left side “nudges”. But they’re too aggressive, and it ultimately means that when I get the nudge, I have to fight the wheel to keep it from nudging me too far to the right.

• HighwayAssist becomes unstable at times due to the above-mentioned nudging of LaneKeeping. However, twice now, while HighwayAssist has been running, it has gotten itself into a “ping pong” effect, bouncing between the left and right sides of the lane it’s in, ultimately causing me to have to take over and cancel HWA. One time this happened while the freeway was slightly curing to the left. The other time, it happened while in the middle of a very straight stretch of highway. Right now, I don’t use HWA because of this, and because the aggressive LaneKeeping. I’m also happy to collect some sort of marker for you to look in the logs, but would need to know what you need (date/time, mileage, etc).

=======================
Subject = Cup Holders are not usable in front or back…

Good afternoon. I reported this before, but it really needs to be escalated, as I was told (essentially) “it is what it is”.

The current cup holders are a very cool design, but the aperture is about 1/2” too small. The current cup holders do hold a Venti Starbucks cup (though it is a very tight fit due to the rubber “bubbles”), but they do not allow the insertion of ANY common travel mugs that we own. We have both Yeti and Contigo brands (the Contigo are the thinest of the two), and neither fit at all. This is an issue both in the front and back of the Lucid, and these models are very common models that should be supported.

It seems, in this case, “design” was more of a priority than “utility” or “usefulness”. The biggest problem with this is that it doesn’t accept a relatively common travel cup/mug in either the front or the back cup holders, rendering the holes a “useless use of space” in a vehicle that prides itself on excellent engineering.

I’d like my cup holders replaced redesigned ones that allow for common travel mugs to be used.:

This is not a service issue, as the field service technicians can only work within the framework of what Lucid offers. This is an escalation up to the Design department channels, in order to be resolved.

Thank you.

=======================
Subject = Wireless Charger does not work for a long-standing iPhone model…

Good afternoon. I reported this before, but it really needs to be escalated, as I was told (essentially) “it is what it is”.

The current iPhone 14 Pro Max is the same form-factor as the 13 Pro Max, the 12 Pro Max, the 11 Pro Max, and the iPhone XS Max. That’s 5 years of iPhones in that size/form-factor. One would even consider the iPhone Pro Max series, the “elite” model of iPhones, just as the Lucid is the “elite” model of EVs.

It is a perfectly reasonable expectation that the Lucid Qi charger be compatible with “relatively” current cell phones, especially some of the most popular ones.

It seems, in this case, “design” was more of a priority than “utility” or “usefulness”. The fact both bays aren’t also Qi enabled is an additional “nickel and dime” feeling, but the biggest problem with this is that it doesn’t accept a relatively current phone, both fitting it in, and charging.

I’d like my Qi charger replaced with a redesigned charger that has the following characteristics:

-Support for the iPhone “Pro Max” form-factor (both with and without an “average” case (a form-factor that has existed for several years)…

-Both bays offer charging…

-Doesn’t squeeze the phone so tight you can’t get it in/out with ease...

This request becomes even more crucial with the upcoming support of Wireless CarPlay…

This is not a service issue, as the field service technicians can only work within the framework of what Lucid offers. This is an escalation up to the Design department channels, in order to be resolved.

Thank you.

=======================

In addition to the "wish list" items submitted by others, I'm annoyed every time I get in the car by the fact that the seat doesn't move back into an "easy entry" position before I reenter. I tend to drive relatively close to the steering wheel, so that reentering the car always requires that I move the seat back from where it was when I exited the car. No reason why this can't be part of my stored profile.

In addition to the "wish list" items submitted by others, I'm annoyed every time I get in the car by the fact that the seat doesn't move back into an "easy entry" position before I reenter. I tend to drive relatively close to the steering wheel, so that reentering the car always requires that I move the seat back from where it was when I exited the car. No reason why this can't be part of my stored profile.
Make your profile at the entry position.

Duh! Why did I I think of that? ❓❓

I’m assuming you now have the update that provides this easy entry feature. Works well.

Highway assist. Need an Audible prompt that tells the driver when the lane keeping is off and on similar to a Tesla
When the driver assumes that it is on and it is actually off, that is a safety hazard.
The visual aid with the steering wheel symbol highlighted is inadequate.

Highway assist. Need an Audible prompt that tells the driver when the lane keeping is off and on similar to a Tesla
When the driver assumes that it is on and it is actually off, that is a safety hazard.
The visual aid with the steering wheel symbol highlighted is inadequate.
I know I'm in a shrinking minority here, but driving a 5000lb car and not knowing if a feature disengages tells me that you are not paying attention to the car and the surroundings.

I know I'm in a shrinking minority here, but driving a 5000lb car and not knowing if a feature disengages tells me that you are not paying attention to the car and the surroundings.
I mean the car dings at you a million times to let you know that the seat is moving when your belt is off. You figure people would realize they are sitting in a seat that is moving too…OR that the car moved away in front of you, if you’re paying attention, why would you need that feature?…but anyway, safety features are just that…for the off chance that you might have missed the fact that something engaged or disengaged, it’s good to have the option for an audible ding. it’s also common practice across cars with ADAS so I think it would be a welcome safety enhancement.

I think basic information is important.

I need to know whether HA is on or off. That could be done with different chime-on, chime-off.

Currently, I have to take my eyes off the road to look at the instrument cluster to visually confirm its status. That is less ideal than eyes on the road with audio status confirmation.

Back