USAA Lucid Experience

FYI, my wife's family has had USAA insurance forever... Despite their stellarreputation, our experience with recent claims processing was not very good... My step daughter's car was badly vandalized and there was not much in doubt... USAA took forever to get the claim handled... Actually more than 5 weeks. Their adjuster was never available, and every call to their office resulted in 35-50 minutes of hold-time in the phone queue before we could speak with anybody. They finally totaled the car but it was very slow, and the process was quite frustrating. They seem understaffed and inefficient.

I used to have USAA too. Had them for 35+ years & the pricing was competitive & the service was excellent on the few occasions I made a claim. However, I had a claim not too long ago on my Touring where their estimate of the damage was 20% of what the repair shop was looking for. That claim is still pending, but their intransigence, combined with their jacking my premium 25% led me to change carriers. BTW. the increase in premium was made before I made this claim. I have Amica now with the same coverage for less than what I was paying USAA pre-claim. So it was a no-brainer to make the switch.

Back