USAA Lucid Experience

I assume you are aware that Pure will not be close to competitive on price. But it instead offers agreed upon pricing and excellent service.
Yes, that is my assumption.

Good afternoon,

Recently, I was rear-ended. As I still have USAA, I decided to use them this time and not go through the other driver's insurance. So far, USAA has been very proactive. When I mentioned I needed to use a Lucid-approved repair shop, USAA wanted to be sure I was aware that if the labor rate of the shop I picked was higher than the local rate and USAA was unable to negotiate a lower price, that I would have to pay the difference between the local rate and what the repair facility charged. This is the first time USAA has ever said this to me, but previously I never had a vehicle that required a specific repair facility. What am I missing?

Because I wanted to use the Lucid-approved repair shop, USAA asked me to send photos of the damage. In the email I received requesting the photos, USAA states:

"You are not required to have your vehicle repaired at a particular motor vehicle repair shop and you have the right to select the repair facility of your choice. Your selection of a repair location will not affect our obligation to pay for your covered claim."

So, if I have the right to select the repair facility and USAA is obligated to pay for my covered claim, why is USAA saying I must pay the difference between the local rate and the rate of the shop I select?
I got the same note and then they paid for everything.

I got the same note and then they paid for everything.
What USAA is saying is that you can go to the shop of your choice and they will pay but the payment will be what they consider to be appropriate. So, for example, if USAA thinks a repair should cost $3,000, you can go to any shop but it will limit you to the $3,000. You can contest the correctness of the amount. Of course, saying that you are limited and actually limiting you are two different things. So USAA may say this but will often pay the full amount but this gives them the flexibility to deny what they consider to be out of spec claims.

The OP was rear ended which means that it is the other driver's insurance company that will ultimately have to pay. Depending upon the laws of the state in question, the OP may also have al claim for "diminished value".

Back