Significant price drop!

The trouble with PlugShare and similar apps is that many people don’t report recent activity. The very poor EA location near me looks excellent on PlugShare, but the reality is that it’s been terrible over the last several months.

I just got a confirmation from my deliver advisor that folks with an RWD reservation can upgrade to a fully loaded (DD pro + SS pro) AWD in-stock model at the same price of $77,400 for cash and financing only.

I just asked them to upgrade my reservation, hopefully I get my hands on it soon!
I was told that since my order (from 2021) was AWD, that I was not eligible for the price of $77,400. Assuming the information is correct on this forum that RWD reservation holders and paying that price, I decided not to go ahead with the purchase at this time. Also, assuming that people are really paying 77400, seems bad form to deny the price to long term reservation holders.

I was told that since my order (from 2021) was AWD, that I was not eligible for the price of $77,400. Assuming the information is correct on this forum that RWD reservation holders and paying that price, I decided not to go ahead with the purchase at this time. Also, assuming that people are really paying 77400, seems bad form to deny the price to long term reservation holders.
You cancelled your reservation?

I wouldn't jump to conclusions.Do you have proof that RWD reservation holders are getting the base AWD car for $77400? I would highly doubt that. Also, why walk away from a fabulous opportunity in owning a Lucid Air...even without the 5k, you are getting a great deal with the recent price cuts.

Last edited:
Your last point is on point. Recent unpleasantness dealing with their financing process has me close to walking away. Definitely looking used and competitors. Actually thinking Tesla now given what I've been reading about EA. Two weeks ago I was bragging to my friends that I was getting the best car soon. Now I'm totally put off.
Mmmm....walking away from a fabulous car for paperwork reasons?? I would recommend you stay put. Nothing else out there will give you the joy of owning a Lucid Air. Best car I ever bought!!

Mmmm....walking away from a fabulous car for paperwork reasons?? I would recommend you stay put. Nothing else out there will give you the joy of owning a Lucid Air. Best car I ever bought!!
Not just paperwork, but overall customer service. The lack of responsiveness and general ineptitude I’ve experienced before even getting the car is concerning. Begs the question of how they will be to work with after I buy it.

I recognize they are a start-up, but given the pressure from the street on deliveries, you’d think they would be focused on a smoother buying experience. I shared your enthusiasm for the car, but recent experience has me diminished.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions.Do you have proof that RWD reservation holders are getting the base AWD car for $77400? I would highly doubt that. Also, why walk away from a fabulous opportunity in owning a Lucid Air...even without the 5k, you are getting a great deal with the recent price cuts.
I qualified my post, recognizing the information about RWD reservation holders being offered AWD for no cost is not definitive. Some of it comes from posters to this forum. It would be great to know the veracity of that information.

Nobody has to jump to conclusions, I and a few other RWD reservation holders got the free upgrade to AWD, SSPro & DDPro. My reservation was made 1/2021. I’ll be picking the car up either tomorrow (weather permitting) or Wednesday. Obviously there have to be cars equipped with this equipment to take advantage of the offer.

Good to know. Brian at Lucid asserted that there was no one was paying 77400 for a Pue with AWD, SSPr and DDPro. I encouraged him to read this forum. He indicated that I shouldn't believe what I read. I do believe those who are posting here, so, either he is misinformed or feeding me misinformation. Very sad either way.

Good to know. Brian at Lucid asserted that there was no one was paying 77400 for a Pue with AWD, SSPr and DDPro. I encouraged him to read this forum. He indicated that I shouldn't believe what I read. I do believe those who are posting here, so, either he is misinformed or feeding me misinformation. Very sad either way.
You could try talking to a different person?

I have a legacy RWD reservation. My DA has locally on hand for immediate delivery a Fathom Blue AWD SSP but NO DD pro. All in at $78.2k ($77.4k + $800 for the paint; no idea why there is an extra charge for the paint).
Required to pay sales tax on $86.1k and purchase with cash or through Lucid Finance. Wondering if I should hold out for a one with DD pro? Thoughts?
As I posted previously, I was offered as a legacy price holder, an AWD Pure with SSP (no DDP) in Fathom Blue (my desired color) for $78.2k. This breaks down to $77.4k (legacy RWD price) plus $800 for the paint. The conditions of the offer: These are pre-existing cars i.e. not made to order (ostensibly all the DDP equipped cars are sold out), they must be paid with cash or financed through LFS, you have to pay sales tax on the original sticker price (so for me it was $86,100). They are offering a "credit" back on the SSP and DDP and I guess in the case of the Pure on AWD.

Not just paperwork, but overall customer service. The lack of responsiveness and general ineptitude I’ve experienced before even getting the car is concerning. Begs the question of how they will be to work with after I buy it.

I recognize they are a start-up, but given the pressure from the street on deliveries, you’d think they would be focused on a smoother buying experience. I shared your enthusiasm for the car, but recent experience has me diminished.
After purchase service is miles ahead of Tesla. I wouldn’t worry about that. Perhaps your sales/finance person is not up to the mark. It’s your decision ultimately.

I’m picking up my car on Sunday. I ordered the RWD and got upgraded to AWD, DDP and SSP.

Attachments

• IMG_1544.png
    IMG_1544.png
    675.3 KB · Views: 165
As I posted previously, I was offered as a legacy price holder, an AWD Pure with SSP (no DDP) in Fathom Blue (my desired color) for $78.2k. This breaks down to $77.4k (legacy RWD price) plus $800 for the paint. The conditions of the offer: These are pre-existing cars i.e. not made to order (ostensibly all the DDP equipped cars are sold out), they must be paid with cash or financed through LFS, you have to pay sales tax on the original sticker price (so for me it was $86,100). They are offering a "credit" back on the SSP and DDP and I guess in the case of the Pure on AWD.
I was told the same except that I can use third-party financing as well. The only condition is that the car is not leased.
I have the order change document now with the full price at $95,100 with AWD, DDP, SSP and paint. The sales tax will be on this full MSRP but the offer will be applied as credits.

Don't have an exact delivery date yet but I was told ~2 weeks.

I used 3rd party financing also. When Lucid revise my order I saw it was 96k and today I got my sales agreement, everything was credit so my final pricing is 87.3k.

Well, I guess that's that. Done with Lucid. Spoke with several people and they all said that the deal you are all reporting is not available to me since I am a legacy price holder for a AWD Pure. Can't figure, but not the type of company that engenders confidence or good will. Already lost too much money foolishly as a stock holder.

Well, I guess that's that. Done with Lucid. Spoke with several people and they all said that the deal you are all reporting is not available to me since I am a legacy price holder for a AWD Pure. Can't figure, but not the type of company that engenders confidence or good will. Already lost too much money foolishly as a stock holder.
Why does it say " Touring, Zenith Red, Santa Cruz Interior, 20” Aero Lite Wheels, DDPro, Surreal Sound Pro, Glass Canopy Roof and AWD Drivetrain, ordered May 30, 2021."

Did you order a Touring and then switch to a Pure? I remember you were thinking of a a used GT vs a new Pure. Something to consider.

Still, this car is phenomenal, your Tesla, EV6 dont come close. I wouldn't let 5k make you walk away.

Mine is on the truck coming from the Florida service center! ETA in Atlanta 1800 to 2000 tomorrow. It’s been about two weeks of complete car obsession started by Lucid’s promotions and subsequent price drop that I saw in some random Google ad placement.

The Lucid people have been fantastic and more than make up for any lack of automation in the leasing process itself.

Zenith Red, Grand Touring, Tahoe Interior on the way! Now I’m just worried about it arriving in perfect condition. As a former Tesla owner, worried about scratches, paint defects, body panel alignment issues but haven’t read so much about those for the 23 model year.

@Tanhm714, when did you put in your reservation order? Just wondering how long to expect as I just submitted my order with the same specs as you on the 9th. Thanks!
I order my RWD pure on Sep 2021. I went to UTC San Diego August 6 to inquire about the promotion. The SA modified my order to AWD, DDP and SSP. On Tuesday my DA call me to confirm the update and assign me a VIN. The car was slated to go to Chicago but it was in AZ so Lucid redirected my car to Costa Mesa CA and it arrived this past Saturday. My delivery date was Aug 26 but since the car arrived so rescheduled to pick up on Aug 20.

Back