Significant price drop!

I agree that is true today. However, I was just wondering why make this exception for a lease? It certainly makes the whole deal less attractive for those considering a lease.
Because they are already offering the $7500 credit on the lease maybe? I don't know. But the numbers must not work out on their end for leases. Or they will change their minds eventually.

I was just talking to my wife. The price seems to simulate EV tax credit during grandfather pricing, except about $2,500 more. Folks should be quite happy indeed about the new pricing, except those who just bought at 15k more plus ~10k here.

Those people are doing some of this: (⁠ノ⁠`⁠Д⁠´⁠)⁠ノ⁠彡⁠┻⁠━⁠┻
what have u heard lucid is going to offer those who bought and got delivery in july?

I just got a confirmation from my deliver advisor that folks with an RWD reservation can upgrade to a fully loaded (DD pro + SS pro) AWD in-stock model at the same price of $77,400 for cash and financing only.

I just asked them to upgrade my reservation, hopefully I get my hands on it soon!

no upcharge for AWD? We know DD Pro and Sound Pro are free, but thought base upgrade was still $83-84k.

My problem is I really like the Touring trim upgrades.

No upcharge for AWD if you already have a RWD reservation. I don't see it advertised on the website anywhere, my DA only told me about this when I was inquiring about the upgrade.

Reactions: RPM
Juet to clarify, this price drop is only for inventory right? And 7500 of that is some credit? Why are some models showing 11k under msrp?

Juet to clarify, this price drop is only for inventory right? And 7500 of that is some credit? Why are some models showing 11k under msrp?

Price drop & 11,900 for Pro Free package. (Dream Drive Pro 9000 + Surround Sound Pro 2900)

what have u heard lucid is going to offer those who bought and got delivery in july?
I took delivery of my Lucid Air touring on July 26. With options, my car came out to $132,900. Zenith red, stealth, dream drive pro and atoms. Now the same car with the price drop and the pro credit is $106,375. Cars are depreciating assets but it is very painful when the price is dropped so significantly in a short amount of time. I am trying to reach out to Lucid to see if there is any recourse.

I just got a confirmation from my deliver advisor that folks with an RWD reservation can upgrade to a fully loaded (DD pro + SS pro) AWD in-stock model at the same price of $77,400 for cash and financing only.

I just asked them to upgrade my reservation, hopefully I get my hands on it soon!
Thats a steal!

I took delivery of my Lucid Air touring on July 26. With options, my car came out to $132,900. Zenith red, stealth, dream drive pro and atoms. Now the same car with the price drop and the pro credit is $106,375. Cars are depreciating assets but it is very painful when the price is dropped so significantly in a short amount of time. I am trying to reach out to Lucid to see if there is any recourse.
Man, hate it when that happens. Hope you get some recourse! At least its a phenomenal car. One thing you can do is buy some LCID stock ( that you would not have bought) and sell when you get your money back. Its going to run up! At least, you could say Lucid paid you some back!

no upcharge for AWD? We know DD Pro and Sound Pro are free, but thought base upgrade was still $83-84k.

My problem is I really like the Touring trim upgrades.
So do I. The Pure is such a better deal now, especially with the upgrades for legacy pricing holders. Just not sure Touring is worth it with the pricing it is going for, but of course still want the Touring. Haha.

Absolutely brutal! I’m so sorry, I really hope they’re able to do something for you as a good faith measure.

Absolutely brutal! I’m so sorry, I really hope they’re able to do something for you as a good faith measure.
I also understand your pain, but this is an unfortunate reality in purchasing a car. I bought a Tesla M3 only to see the price drop by nearly 20% in the ensuing months. That being said, what I really find infuriating is that I have legacy pricing on an AWD Pure that I ordered in 2021 with DDP and SSP. Lucid is telling me that the price of the car remains at $93k -- no price drop for me! Seeing that the price is 77K for the same configuration if you order now is dispiriting. I told then to cancel the order. Whomever is running the show at Lucid really knows how to alienate their base. I am also an unfortunate stockholder. What a mistake all around.

I also understand your pain, but this is an unfortunate reality in purchasing a car. I bought a Tesla M3 only to see the price drop by nearly 20% in the ensuing months. That being said, what I really find infuriating is that I have legacy pricing on an AWD Pure that I ordered in 2021 with DDP and SSP. Lucid is telling me that the price of the car remains at $93k -- no price drop for me! Seeing that the price is 77K for the same configuration if you order now is dispiriting. I told then to cancel the order. Whomever is running the show at Lucid really knows how to alienate their base. I am also an unfortunate stockholder. What a mistake all around.

Just order another one quickly and enjoy this huge special month promotion? This is great deal! You only lose $300 if you converted previous reservation to order status.

Thats $16.9k in credits ($5k for AWD, $9K for DDP and $2.9k for SSP).

I would ask your SA to check again. I have a legacy reservation and was offered the new lower price. I believe others have also been offered that also.

If you haven't talked to a someone from Lucid, you should instead of relying on their system to automatically update the prices

I talked to my DA yesterday and was able to find me a Pure AWD with DD Pro and SS Pro in zenith red. I made the difficult choice to pass because I like the stellar white more.

I talked to my DA yesterday and was able to find me a Pure AWD with DD Pro and SS Pro in zenith red. I made the difficult choice to pass because I like the stellar white more.
I feel tempted to say that white is the easiest color to wrap with, but I completely understand not wanting that.

I don’t totally know if I agree. It’s normal to us suckers that bought a Tesla in the last few years but, in general, most price swings are a few dollars in incentives not wild, wholesale discounts of 20%. My M3P was worth 60s 18 months ago and at one point during Covid, it was worth more than I paid for it with self driving.

With Lucid Air GT maybe one day coming my way, if Lucid financial services ever gets moving, I took the Tesla to Carvana yesterday and walked away with 36k. That did not feel good and made me very unhappy and unlikely to buy another Tesla. It was also annoying that Tesla offered me less than Carvana even though I would’ve seriously considered a Plaid. It’s clear he can run his company in anyway he wants and doesn’t really listen to other opinions. Given they’re putting a couple million cars on the road a year in the US, customer retention is probably not a short-term issue. That said it will eventually get them, in my opinion.

My last complaint lol. What is so hard about leasing a Lucid? I don’t know how many cars I’ve bought under various financial constructs in the last 30 years but financing has always taken about 10 minutes at the dealership or a quick call to whatever credit union I’m a member of. This process seems right out of the 1950s. My lease money is zero and I wonder if that’s an incentive or it’s easier not to have to use the punch cards to calculate payments.

Back