Significant price drop!

Lucken

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Pure, BMW i4
Referral Code
97KPWDUB
I got an email this morning about a significant price drop on my order that will show up in my portal within the next few days. Out of curiosity I checked the currently or soon to be available cars to get a hint of what might be in the offing and sure enough there was a very significant change that occurred this morning. They are now offering a nearly $12,000 price drop on cars with DD Pro & SS Pro and a nearly $3,000 drop on more base level equipped cars. This price drop is for loan & cash deals, but there are also more favorable lease deals now available. A cash deal was always my intention.

I would probably grab one of these deals, but I'm waiting for the impending trade-in program which should be occurring in the near future.

Last edited:
So original pricing more or less. Interesting. There goes my buffer for my insurance (legacy pricing with a 23' model).

If it delivers more cars and keeps cash flow coming, then I am all in.

It was just a matter of time. The market reality is sinking in and hopefully Lucid has reduced cost structure to afford this decrease. Everyone knows Supply chains are no longer in distress and hence it is a wise, albeit a bit late, move to adjust pricing.

I just saw the Pro Credit today too. It is a significant drop even compared against a $7500 EV credit that I received a while back.

1691245517696.png

Alcantara headliner comes default now too and I also found out that Lucid reverted back their price increases. I'm not up to date on this since I haven't check the configuration page in a long time.

Grand Touring priced below grandfather pricing now. See attachment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230805-093051.png
    Screenshot_20230805-093051.png
    295 KB · Views: 377
The $11,900 Pro Credit doesnt get applied when leasing but the $7500 EV credit gets added on lease.

I'm happy for the people buying now. Also I figured Lucid is in financial trouble so they do need to attract more buyers. Not sure how I feel for myself hahaha! I mean I still own an OG first batch signed Pure but my resale value is significantly less now. On the bright side, I suppose I should set my mind on keeping my Pure now instead of going back and forth thinking of selling it.

The $11,900 Pro Credit doesnt get applied when leasing but the $7500 EV credit gets added on lease.

I'm happy for the people buying now. Also I figured Lucid is in financial trouble so they do need to attract more buyers. Not sure how I feel for myself hahaha! I mean I still own an OG first batch signed Pure but my resale value is significantly less now.
I was just talking to my wife. The price seems to simulate EV tax credit during grandfather pricing, except about $2,500 more. Folks should be quite happy indeed about the new pricing, except those who just bought at 15k more plus ~10k here.

Those people are doing some of this: (⁠ノ⁠`⁠Д⁠´⁠)⁠ノ⁠彡⁠┻⁠━⁠┻

Last edited:
I'm wondering though. I already have a placed order of AT without DDP and SSP. I'm now considering SSP since it has gone down to only $2900. My total is at $115 grand. Will it go down to somewhere in the 90s with the Pro Credit offer and the new original pricing? Or do I have to place a new order?

On the Lucid website, you can not even price a made to order Touring. It says Coming Q4??

Why??? New model year? New prices?

I am so Glad we did not go for new one a month ago for 131k and went with a 3 month old loaded Touring for 94k.

On the Lucid website, you can not even price a made to order Touring. It says Coming Q4??

I am so Glad we did not go for new one a month ago for 131k and went with a 3 month old loaded Touring for 94k.
Batching. They do not have enough lines for all the models if I recall. Sapphires may be rolling out very, very soon (at least on production line).

My "dashboard" at Lucid Motors still offers a one-time upgrade to SSP for -- $4,500.
I wonder if that will come down, to $3,400 or $2,900 at some point.

Batching. They do not have enough lines for all the models if I recall. Sapphires may be rolling out very, very soon (at least on production line).
Well that doesn't make sense. Why would they put Touring and Grand Touring on sale until August 31st if they're not available until Q4?

So that is a pretty nice price drop. Now the Air is roughly $5K more than when I purchased (got the $7500 rebate) but it includes DDPro. Now they turned my Dream Drive off and want $12K to turn it back on or $2.5K for just the DDpremium. It seems that they should just turn on the Premium for those who took the chance with the first edition instead of gouging us for $2500. In my opinion it isn't worth $2500. I've been driving a long time without those cameras with no issues. I will call my advisor on Monday

They want to get rid of current inventory, not build new Tourings at the moment, would by my guess. They likely have a lot of Tourings to move, which is why they can afford to lower the prices and offer good financing. A car sitting on the lot is costing them money until they can move it.

A car sitting on the lot is costing them money until they can move it.
Ask Ford with their acres of unsold Mustangs and F150e's. And now Audi is dumping unsold E-tron GTs: $20k off leasing and a new $5k off promotion at Costco. E-tron GTs at Costco, go figure!

So that is a pretty nice price drop. Now the Air is roughly $5K more than when I purchased (got the $7500 rebate) but it includes DDPro. Now they turned my Dream Drive off and want $12K to turn it back on or $2.5K for just the DDpremium. It seems that they should just turn on the Premium for those who took the chance with the first edition instead of gouging us for $2500. In my opinion it isn't worth $2500. I've been driving a long time without those cameras with no issues. I will call my advisor on Monday
Let us know what they say, took delivery of mines last month. So sucks for me

Well that doesn't make sense. Why would they put Touring and Grand Touring on sale until August 31st if they're not available until Q4?

They have plenty of GT and T to sell already made. Those are the ones on sale. They want to use the lines to make Pure in the meantime.

It’s new builds they don’t want to do for now.

They want to get rid of current inventory, not build new Tourings at the moment, would by my guess. They likely have a lot of Tourings to move, which is why they can afford to lower the prices and offer good financing. A car sitting on the lot is costing them money until they can move it.
There are only about 5 Tourings available on their website. Do you think they'll offer more this month?

Back