No longer able to ‘Design Yours’ on website?

I am deeply confused here. In fact, I decided to go ahead and register, even though my order is still in the "refundable deposit" stage, to get clarification.

My understanding was that DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro were controlled purely by software. I'm pretty sure I was told by my SA that all cars were built with the same audio hardware and the same cameras/LIDAR/whatever and that the additional features could be activated OTA.

This post suggests my understanding is not correct.

Your understanding was correct and might be correct for some trims. Lucid's plan is to make cars that don't include all the hardware if people don't select certain options. I'm no expert in this area, and you should check with your SA to see if that's the case with what you reserved or ordered. It might still be the case on the Grand Touring.

Wow, that’s amazing. How does that work?

Just go to ChatGPT and say something like

Write a python script that will check the website “https://www.lucidmotors.com/available-cars/?trim=PURE” every hour. If the words “DreamDrive Premium” appear, send a text message alert to a specified phone number

(If you don’t like python, you can tell it to use pretty much anything else)

There is a bit of a wrinkle since it’s likely going to want to send the text message alerts via Twilio, so you would need to sign up for an Twilio account and pay a couple dollars. But not a big deal.

And if you don’t understand something, you can ask a follow up question. For example, “How do I set up my environment to be able to run this script? I am using a Mac”

If you have seriously never used ChatGPT (or Claude, or any other of the new AIs), then go do that asap.

If you are asking how in general these generative AI models write code, the lucid owners forum isn’t the best place for that :p

Just go to ChatGPT and say something like

Write a python script that will check the website “https://www.lucidmotors.com/available-cars/?trim=PURE” every hour. If the words “DreamDrive Premium” appear, send a text message alert to a specified phone number

(If you don’t like python, you can tell it to use pretty much anything else)

There is a bit of a wrinkle since it’s likely going to want to send the text message alerts via Twilio, so you would need to sign up for an Twilio account and pay a couple dollars. But not a big deal.

And if you don’t understand something, you can ask a follow up question. For example, “How do I set up my environment to be able to run this script? I am using a Mac”

If you have seriously never used ChatGPT (or Claude, or any other of the new AIs), then go do that asap.

If you are asking how in general these generative AI models write code, the lucid owners forum isn’t the best place for that :p
Amazing, thanks for the tutorial! I have been using Chat GPT to help write add copy and to generally help me sound smarter than I am. I didn’t know it could do this. Wild times we live in, and a little scary too.

You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that you've found value in using ChatGPT for writing and learning. Technology has indeed come a long way, and AI-powered tools like ChatGPT can be incredibly helpful for a wide range of tasks, including writing, research, and more.

It's natural to have some concerns about the implications of advanced AI, including questions about privacy, ethics, and the potential for misuse. It's essential to use AI responsibly and ethically, and organizations developing these technologies are continually working on safety and ethical guidelines.

If you ever have more questions or need assistance with anything else, feel free to ask. I'm here to help!

Amazing, thanks for the tutorial! I have been using Chat GPT to help write add copy and to generally help me sound smarter than I am. I didn’t know it could do this. Wild times we live in, and a little scary too.
AI detectors are also being very common and more accurate now, so as always check to see if you plagiarize!

Ok, I see that you can now configure all models again on line. That’s encouraging.

You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that you've found value in using ChatGPT for writing and learning. Technology has indeed come a long way, and AI-powered tools like ChatGPT can be incredibly helpful for a wide range of tasks, including writing, research, and more.

It's natural to have some concerns about the implications of advanced AI, including questions about privacy, ethics, and the potential for misuse. It's essential to use AI responsibly and ethically, and organizations developing these technologies are continually working on safety and ethical guidelines.

If you ever have more questions or need assistance with anything else, feel free to ask. I'm here to help!
Haha was this post written by ChatGPT?

Back