Media Event Reviews

So I found the Motor Trend article very interesting. Johnny mentioned that the Air Grand Touring Performance has a modified suspension compared with the Dream Edition that he feels improves the handling performance even better. Curious if those improvements will be available retroactively for the Dream???

I honestly can’t imagine how this car could handle better lol

It depends on whether the general public is just reading the articles or going to web sites like this to get the other side of the story. The articles really glaze over some of the problems owners have had as if they do not exist.
Or the problems are over represented on the forum because people tend to complain more than they praise.

Possibly both.

Most owners on the forum have not had very many issues at all. Some have. 🤷‍♂️

When the forum forces lucid to host a media blitz to counter the complaints which are picked up by bloggers dredging threads found here.

Is that a bit too negative?

When the forum forces lucid to host a media blitz to counter the complaints which are picked up by bloggers dredging threads found here.

Is that a bit too negative?
Dno if too negative, but definitely exaggerated, heh. They just launched the GT-P. It makes perfect sense they’d media blitz around it.

It’s not rocket science, and it’s a great PR move.

So I found the Motor Trend article very interesting. Johnny mentioned that the Air Grand Touring Performance has a modified suspension compared with the Dream Edition that he feels improves the handling performance even better. Curious if those improvements will be available retroactively for the Dream???
Was wondering the exact same thing.

This was from the Rich Rebuilds channel review, which I posted the video here, but I wanted to share his donuts in the GTp.

ezgif-4-681635214e.gif

Love this guy... Surprised no one posted this yet:

Yep..... Its always had.a pricing problem because Lucid doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. A performance vehicle or luxury vehicle? They've gone for both even though the marketing has always been focused on luxury. The downside is that when they've included both, owners are certainly paying for it. Do luxury owners want to spend the extra $$ for the performance as well? By the look of the reservation numbers, it doesn't seem like it.

I've seen numerous videos from Lucid staff saying they're not a performance car but a luxury car. Yet, they release a "Performance" model and the GT is 819hp. The AGT should have been around $110,000 to compete with the EQS but it got priced $30K more so the extra HP and extra battery has certainly bumped the price up.

I just don't see the EQS and Lucid Air competing in the same space. The EQS plays in the full size luxury space, the Lucid in the midsized space. The EQS is 207 inches long vs 196 for the Lucid. The Lucid is also 4 inches lower (56 vs. 60 inches). The Mercedes competitor would be the EQE which is almost the exact same length as the Lucid but still 4" higher.

If you did want to compare the EQS to the Lucid, the EQS closest equivalent would be the 580 which starts at $126K (US). Bottom line: luxury + performance is expensive.

You have to remember that he drove a pre-production version and the article was published in August. He mentions that the production version of the DE will have suspension modifications compared to what he drove. So it is likely the production DE has the upgrades.

You have to remember that he drove a pre-production version and the article was published in August. He mentions that the production version of the DE will have suspension modifications compared to what he drove. So it is likely the production DE has the upgrades.
You are right I do remember he writing that in his original article.

I just don't see the EQS and Lucid Air competing in the same space. The EQS plays in the full size luxury space, the Lucid in the midsized space. The EQS is 207 inches long vs 196 for the Lucid. The Lucid is also 4 inches lower (56 vs. 60 inches). The Mercedes competitor would be the EQE which is almost the exact same length as the Lucid but still 4" higher.

If you did want to compare the EQS to the Lucid, the EQS closest equivalent would be the 580 which starts at $126K (US). Bottom line: luxury + performance is expensive.
I'd agree from the exterior dimension viewpoint you are using but size classification in the US is based on interior volume, and the Air is a full size in that regard. That whole "Space Concept" with a midsize exterior yielding a full size interior. Rawlinson refers to the upcoming smaller vehicles (in 3 to 5 years?) as midsize (M3/MY equivalents). Hoping my experience with the Air is good and being an Air owner will give me priority for a M3 equivalent Lucid to replace my wife's car. Will Lucid provide E class/5 series interior space in a C class/3 series exterior?

The one constant on a lot of the reviews is the car gets hot with the full sunroof and air conditioning is not accurate. Is that really true if there are any current owners posting? My Model S does get hot in the full sun and surprised the Air would too. Really like the Airs full sunroof and really don’t want to change to a metal roof.

The one constant on a lot of the reviews is the car gets hot with the full sunroof and air conditioning is not accurate. Is that really true if there are any current owners posting? My Model S does get hot in the full sun and surprised the Air would too. Really like the Airs full sunroof and really don’t want to change to a metal roof.
In the reviews I've read, it seems to be an issue for tall drivers (notably over 6 feet), because the air vents can't be aimed up far enough. This is just my impression of the reviews - I'm too short to notice and do not have a car, so I know nothing first-hand.

Reactions: DBV
I sweat easily and was worried about the roof but found a recent trip to SF quite comfortable. It was 105 on average outside and had the AC set to 70 with fan speed of 6 I believe. Most people who have gotten in the car have been surprised how it handles the inside temp with all that glass. The fans are annoying that you can't adjust them well but I found pointing the passenger fan to me gave me more airflow coming my way than trying to maneuver the drivers fan

I sweat easily and was worried about the roof but found a recent trip to SF quite comfortable. It was 105 on average outside and had the AC set to 70 with fan speed of 6 I believe. Most people who have gotten in the car have been surprised how it handles the inside temp with all that glass. The fans are annoying that you can't adjust them well but I found pointing the passenger fan to me gave me more airflow coming my way than trying to maneuver the drivers fan
Yep, I had a tech come out and check that and it's a poorly designed fan blade. It's not broken but it diverts air back towards the center when the driver side is turned too far towards the driver.

I posted this in another thread on Sunday about tinting. I am 6 foot for reference.

"I just took a drive when it was 113 outside, car said it was 115. No issues, AC set to 72 on auto, fan speed was about 6. I was very comfortable. No tint on the windshield or ceiling, 45% on the sides and rear."

I’ve only had the car for 3 weeks but have had no issues with the heat. I did not tint any of the windows and the canopy itself comes with a pretty significant tint in my opinion. I live in NJ and we’ve had a bunch of days in mid 90’s. Maybe for those who live in states that routinely get temps over 100, it might be an issue. Feel that the AC is adequate, but seat ventilation is not as strong as my prior cars.

Back