Media Event Reviews

Slashgear review is interesting:

“Software is often the bugbear of modern vehicles, and certainly Lucid still has a little work ahead. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are still on the to-do list, as is SiriusXM. The good news is that the Air was designed with over-the-air (OTA) updates in mind — of the 90 ECUs in the car, 70 are software upgradable — and the roughly 25-strong team responsible, including no small amount of ex-Apple talent, seems hyper-focused on taking advantage of that.”

“Some of my [the reviewer’s] frustrations from behind the wheel are already fixed in a soon-to-come release, which will speed up the UI transitions, dramatically improve infotainment boot-up speed, make better use of the driver display for navigation instructions, and shift some of the interface elements better into reach.”

Read More: https://www.slashgear.com/930628/20...ric-upstart-leads-the-pack/?utm_campaign=clip

Slashgear review is interesting:

“Software is often the bugbear of modern vehicles, and certainly Lucid still has a little work ahead. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are still on the to-do list, as is SiriusXM. The good news is that the Air was designed with over-the-air (OTA) updates in mind — of the 90 ECUs in the car, 70 are software upgradable — and the roughly 25-strong team responsible, including no small amount of ex-Apple talent, seems hyper-focused on taking advantage of that.”

“Some of my [the reviewer’s] frustrations from behind the wheel are already fixed in a soon-to-come release, which will speed up the UI transitions, dramatically improve infotainment boot-up speed, make better use of the driver display for navigation instructions, and shift some of the interface elements better into reach.”

Read More: https://www.slashgear.com/930628/20...ric-upstart-leads-the-pack/?utm_campaign=clip
Wow. A reporter who asks follow up questions and gets answers. What a refreshing idea.

Wow. A reporter who asks follow up questions and gets answers. What a refreshing idea.
Note about improving lag, boot times is definitely good. Sounds like it will be a pretty significant update. hopefully “soon-to-come” means within weeks at most.

From the Motor Authority review:

“Lucid is already working on an OTA update that moves the top touchscreen’s home, navigation, entertainment, and phone icons from the right side of the screen to the left where they will be easier to reach.”

There must be something magical about mid July. I know, my wife's birthday is the 17th, and that is always magical. However, this year it is massively magical because of the number of great reviews on the Lucid just came out. I have included the links to each of the articles, just click on the name of the magazine. Enjoy!
Car and Driver
AutoBlog
InsideEVs
Japolnik
Engadget
CNET
Motor1.com
Motor Authority
AutoWeek
SlashGear
AutoGear
MotorBiscuit
AutoGuide.com
My God! I missed one...Best Luxury EV Just click HERE.

You know, sometimes Lucid appears as if it's going to be just fine. Just weeks before releasing what have to be rather disappointing Q2 numbers, they get close to a dozen major outlets to write glowing reviews. You'd almost think management knows what it's doing.

Was wondering how to get out of the meetings today & right on cue ... Thank you ... :)

Wonder how many "Sitting on the fence" are reading the above & changing their minds? And I would expect more calls into their DAs as well.

Last but not least,.. How many here are calling their DAs to get their cars tomorrow. :) ..

Must be a good Lucid day. :)

You know, sometimes Lucid appears as if it's going to be just fine. Just weeks before releasing what have to be rather disappointing Q2 numbers, they get close to a dozen major outlets to write glowing reviews. You'd almost think management knows what it's doing.
Musk is not the only trick in town ...

They're by no means a stupid company but this is an age old tactic that only lasts so long. Lucid has been getting glowing reviews from day 1 but it is nice to see in this round the software being called out which makes me believe the software update will drop before the earnings call. Lucid's issue is Its production ramp up so no matter how many reviews are positive if you can't actually get cars delivered in a timely manner or communicate to customers realistic timelines then people will just go elsewhere.

Jalopnik - surprise, surprise EA wasn't working properly. I'd hate to think how much money Lucid gave EA for the free charging and this is the sh*t we all have to put up with. It's not Lucid's fault but EA is just a hot mess.

This is interesting also with the decision of HERE over Google -

" tapped HERE for its mapping and navigation. Lucid's argument is that, though Google Maps is familiar, HERE's real-time data — for public charger status in particular — is, in its experience, more accurate."

Hopefully they're adding more people to the software team as 25 isn't a lot

"The good news is that the Air was designed with over-the-air (OTA) updates in mind — of the 90 ECUs in the car, 70 are software upgradable — and the roughly 25-strong team responsible, including no small amount of ex-Apple talent, seems hyper-focused on taking advantage of that. "

Why the Lucid Air is more than the sum of its eye-popping specs

Interesting takeaway from article:

…Lucid is about to push out an update that corrected two points of frustration experienced during our first drive of the car. The infotainment screen’s docked menu icons were located on the right side of the screen, which looked tidy, but meant the buttons are miles away from the driver. They’re being relocated to the left side. The other issue was related to the navigation system directions: the bit that graphically shows you the directional arrows of your next turn along with the street name and lane suggestions would frequently be covered up by a search menu element (or not be shown at all if you have the audio screen up). Now those directional elements show up in the instrument display.

Looks like a ton of Lucid Air reviews are releasing today amongst very blogs/sites

Back