Media Event Reviews

Another observation. There have been three generations of windshields. The third generation apparently blocks more heat. I had the first generation swapped out for the 3rd gen. I thought it was much better. I'd assume the most recent reviews are based on the most recent generation of winshields; however that may not be true of all the feedback on the forum. For what its worth, I'd never swap the glass out for the solid roof, it really is too spectacular.

I don’t think this one has been picked up yet:

Mike Bell SVP Digital Lucid being ‘interviewed’ by someone from Nvidia

One or two eye rolling moments…

I don’t think this one has been picked up yet:

Mike Bell SVP Digital Lucid being ‘interviewed’ by someone from Nvidia

One or two eye rolling moments…
Ha, seriously, customers are happy but want more, which drives them. The Lucid Air is a software-first car.... I hope in 6 months from now, they really show us.

Reactions: DJL
Ha, seriously, customers are happy but want more, which drives them. The Lucid Air is a software-first car.... I hope in 6 months from now, they really show us.
I think that's a little dishonest. It makes us sound like we're asking for a lot.

We just want what's been promised. Not much more 😇

I listened to this space cadet's blather.

One thing I didn't hear him talk about in a meaningful way was Quality.

You have multiple software issues, build problems and cars that were reworked without disclosure to customers because the company does not breath Quality from top to bottom.

I have said before, the CEO comes from Jag, Lotus, Tesla, three crappy Quality brands.

I still think the Lucid is amazing and just keep hoping they turn the corner on the teething issues so I can order one without feeling like I may or may not get a car I can rely on.

I have said before, the CEO comes from Jag, Lotus, Tesla, three crappy Quality brands.

That’s… certainly an opinion. I loved my Lotus. The quality of the Lucid is the best of any car I’ve ever owned.

That’s… certainly an opinion. I loved my Lotus. The quality of the Lucid is the best of any car I’ve ever owned.
Yeah, but are you going to believe your lying eyes or somebody who may order one some day? 😂

I still think the Lucid is amazing and just keep hoping they turn the corner on the teething issues so I can order one without feeling like I may or may not get a car I can rely on.

I personally think software is pretty good design overall for a company first time tackle this big project ground up instead of buying outsourced plug-ins. The improvement mostly needed in software is its architectural plumbing where some lagging can cause cascading issues. And the beauty of OTA update is that it can keep evolve during the course of ownership. The drivetrain/supension/handling combination is probably best out there without the super car price tag.

Not sugarcoat it, it is an amazing car — space, battery, miniaturization of motor are all world premier on top of fine cabin craftsmanship.

For taller individuals whose heads are closer to the glass canopy and are bothered by the heat, may want to try some variation of these little static cling shades. I don't really have an issue with temperature in the car, but tried these out and I think they do help to block more heat. The pic has two examples from different companies. I didn't like how black out the darker one was, so I used the more see-through one and it was still helpful. Also pretty much unnoticeable when you're seated in the car so won't be too bothersome aesthetically. Super cheap as well.

IMG_9263.HEIC.jpg

Please let the media take their Lucid home for a week of real world experience. Now that’s a review I’d like to read. As I am having issue after issue after…..
Best and most patient customer service team with which I’ve ever interacted , but they can only do so much from a phone in a call center. Car drives very nicely. Sorta like having an amazingly well built house, except the a/c has issues, tv glitches, refrigerator not so good, etc. At least the bones/car is good, but they really need to step up their game re software.

Back