Lucid Air GTP drive system fault

SunnySide

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
DE Number
So my Lucid was driving fine for the first 39 miles then it went into turtle mode I got a drive system fault and wouldn’t let me accelerate. I just picked the car up from the Goose Island service center in Chicago and was on the way home didn’t even have the car for more then a hour. Anyone know what could be the reason for the drive system fault

Attachments

• A6025FAA-D3A7-4452-95CF-5A68A6E1D102.jpeg
    A6025FAA-D3A7-4452-95CF-5A68A6E1D102.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 358
So my Lucid was driving fine for the first 39 miles then it went into turtle mode I got a drive system fault and wouldn’t let me accelerate. I just picked the car up from the Goose Island service center in Chicago and was on the way home didn’t even have the car for more then a hour. Anyone know what could be the reason for the drive system fault
Motor died. Is your car pissing fluid?

Motor died. Is your car pissing fluid?
Sadly I wasn’t able to get under the car and see if it was but I’m hoping it’s a quick fix getting my rental tomorrow

Sadly I wasn’t able to get under the car and see if it was but I’m hoping it’s a quick fix getting my rental tomorrow
Considering the other people who have had the same issue, you are looking at 2 weeks. Good thing is, this is another case where it happens early...

Wow….. this enhanced PDI and strict QC is really working out well for them……

Very sorry, that is unfortunate. Hope you get it back soon.

Considering the other people who have had the same issue, you are looking at 2 weeks. Good thing is, this is another case where it happens early...
Just heard back from them they said it could be a Wunder box error and have any idea that knows what that is

Just heard back from them they said it could be a Wunder box error and have any idea that knows what that is
Ooh that would be a new one here. It's the box that converts the AC/DC for the car/batteries.

Ooh that would be a new one here. It's the box that converts the AC/DC for the car/batteries.
That makes sense why I wasn’t able to get any power to the car at all after turtle mode

They gave me a Tesla Model 3 as a rental and not gonna lie I’m so happy I got a lucid instead
Well to be fair, not exactly an apples to apples comparison between M3 and GTP lol. But darn that sucks that the car died essentially driving off the lot :(

I get it the Lucid is nicer but this is pretty ironic a working Tesla got issued for a non-working Lucid 😂
At least he got an EV. Some of us have been given some pretty shitty loaners. I would take a Model 3 over the crap I was given.

Please keep us informed of the final resolution. Turtle mode reported by others required replacement of the rear motor.

You may have already tried it but the limited torque/acceleration thing happened to me once. I just kept driving, stopped and did a reboot, and it never happened again. It shouldn’t happen at all but fingers crossed it’s not a time consuming repair. I’m a big supporter of Lucid but if this keeps happening where there’s a major failure very early into the life of the car, then they really are doing something wrong over and over again at the factory and it’s going to really harm the brand as a whole if they can’t figure it out. Is it a design flaw? I don’t know what goes into PDI regarding motors aside from a test drive, so I’m not shocked PDI didn’t catch it, but sorry it happened!

Please keep us informed of the final resolution. Turtle mode reported by others required replacement of the rear motor.
Once I hear back from them I’ll make sure to update the thread.

You may have already tried it but the limited torque/acceleration thing happened to me once. I just kept driving, stopped and did a reboot, and it never happened again. It shouldn’t happen at all but fingers crossed it’s not a time consuming repair. I’m a big supporter of Lucid but if this keeps happening where there’s a major failure very early into the life of the car, then they really are doing something wrong over and over again at the factory and it’s going to really harm the brand as a whole if they can’t figure it out. Is it a design flaw? I don’t know what goes into PDI regarding motors aside from a test drive, so I’m not shocked PDI didn’t catch it, but sorry it happened!
When I called lucid support they advised me to the same thing but instead of Turing back on I lost all power and I was stuck in the sun with no ac for 2 hours waiting for a tow truck. And trust me I love lucid they are my EV company for the long run but as it a new company I gave them the Benefit of the doubt but they won’t be getting that from the next gen of buyers so hoping they can fix it up before then.

Yeah I’m terrified of this happening on a road trip with the wife and 18 month old. I’ll have to buy my wife a new kitchen if that happens haha. So far no problems have disabled the vehicle though, fingers crossed.

If you can't drive, can't you sit in the car with the AC on?

Back