Bravo to Goose Island, Chicago crew

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
My USB port started acting a bit finicky. One day it played music from my USB drive, the next day it didn't. (Yes, formatted FAT32 using MP3 files, only about 10 GB on the drive.) I contacted customer service and told them this was no emergency, but it would be nice sometime to straighten this out. They insisted I bring my Touring to Goose Island and they would provide a loaner. I received a Grand Touring with a mere 4K miles. So I was able to experience the seat massage, extended range and DreamDrive Pro (once again). (I still find Highway Assist disappointing.) The team at Goose Island, Tony and Josh, could not have been nicer or more helpful, even after I insisted that my USB port issue was far from important or an emergency.
I dropped my car off on Saturday, when I guess they are not "officially" open. There were no delivery advisors present and only one service crew person. I assumed Saturday would be a big day for deliveries, as it is at normal car dealerships.
In any event, Lucid provides exemplary, first rate service to owners in the Chicago service area.

As an aside, I am perfectly happy with my Touring. The only real advantage of the Grand Touring for my use would have been the 100 miles of extended range over the Touring. I'm glad someone pointed out the throttle limiting, because the accelerator pedal response definitely felt different from my car, although I did not attempt to exceed 80.

My USB port started acting a bit finicky. One day it played music from my USB drive, the next day it didn't. (Yes, formatted FAT32 using MP3 files, only about 10 GB on the drive.) I contacted customer service and told them this was no emergency, but it would be nice sometime to straighten this out. They insisted I bring my Touring to Goose Island and they would provide a loaner. I received a Grand Touring with a mere 4K miles. So I was able to experience the seat massage, extended range and DreamDrive Pro (once again). (I still find Highway Assist disappointing.) The team at Goose Island, Tony and Josh, could not have been nicer or more helpful, even after I insisted that my USB port issue was far from important or an emergency.
I dropped my car off on Saturday, when I guess they are not "officially" open. There were no delivery advisors present and only one service crew person. I assumed Saturday would be a big day for deliveries, as it is at normal car dealerships.
In any event, Lucid provides exemplary, first rate service to owners in the Chicago service area.

As an aside, I am perfectly happy with my Touring. The only real advantage of the Grand Touring for my use would have been the 100 miles of extended range over the Touring. I'm glad someone pointed out the throttle limiting, because the accelerator pedal response definitely felt different from my car, although I did not attempt to exceed 80.
That's great to hear. It seems as if Lucid has been making great strides in offering better service lately. We seem to get fewer and fewer stories of people not being taken care of promptly. So clearly they are listening.

If the loaner is set to be limited (as it should be) you won't get a total feel for the extra power of GT, true. I have driven both, as well as a Dream Edition, and you can definitely feel the difference. Though, I can't say that would be a big factor for me upgrading, either. I'm perfectly happy with the performance of my Touring.

But those massage seats…

I still find Highway Assist disappointing
Which version of software is the car on? If it isn’t 2.1.42, you’re right, HA is broken.

If it’s 2.1.42+, HA works spectacularly, imho.

Back