Pure delivery Chicago

robotix

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Pure
Im taking delivery of my Pure this week from Goose island, Chicago. Checking if any members have gone through this experience in Chicago. What was it like ? Time taken ? Things I need to watch out for, verify etc...

Also - How do i get the Ipass integrated onto the vehicle at the service center for my drive back home ?

Appreciate your thoughts please.

Im taking delivery of my Pure this week from Goose island, Chicago. Checking if any members have gone through this experience in Chicago. What was it like ? Time taken ? Things I need to watch out for, verify etc...

Also - How do i get the Ipass integrated onto the vehicle at the service center for my drive back home ?

I took delivery there in December And it was pretty seamless. It took like an hour to 1.5. They just ran me through the basics of operating it and signed some paperwork. there’s some checklists here from our fellow forum members here but I just paid attention to the main stuff. You can go through it all but I’m guessing it would take you a lot longer

If you haven't done an extensive test drive in a Pure, spend time with the DA on all the features and how to use them. I am sure this isn't you but this morning I parked outside a Lowe's in my Genesis G80 loaner and she said she has a new Hyundai and doesn't like to read and doesn't know how to operate the car. Duh! The Hyundai dealership was down the street; I told her to drive straight there and ask them to explain it to her. But I am sure she will forget and become/remain a menace on the road.

As Chillywill75 said, it's an easy experience and they will take good care of you. When I took delivery (Dec 22) I asked about the Ipass and how the tolls would be charged. The reaction I received was as though it was the first time anyone asked! Really never got an answer. I assume the tolls were charged to the temp tag issuer and Lucid paid them.

Pete

We took delivery of our Touring in February from Goose Island. Our DA was helpful and tried explaining the myriad features of the Touring. It took a couple of hours. We were in a hurry to beat the rush hour or she would have spent more time with us. She did take a photo of us with the car, beats trying to take a selfie. She gave us a Lucid water bottle and a couple of Lucid caps. The car must have picked up a screw when they test drove it before we arrived. We noticed the tire pressure warning light on from the time we left, but thought it must have been an error. Arrive home with 25 lbs in the tire. They sent a technician in a van to our home (125 miles from Goose Island) in a couple of days to replace the wheel and tire.
Incidentally, about half an hour of our time at Goose Island was spent reading and signing paperwork. At least they had the license plates ready to affix to our car.

Welcome! The goose island service center is great. Specifically to the I-Pass question - I take the transponder and put it in the compartment behind the pilot panel so it's completely out of sight. It hasn't missed a toll yet (4+ months and counting)! It also doesn't rattle around. Enjoy your Air!

Welcome! The goose island service center is great. Specifically to the I-Pass question - I take the transponder and put it in the compartment behind the pilot panel so it's completely out of sight. It hasn't missed a toll yet (4+ months and counting)! It also doesn't rattle around. Enjoy your Air!
I assume the OP was the same as I, i.e. out of state. I don't own a transponder but needed to get back to my home town using a few of the Illinois toll roads.

Pete

So apparently my pure has a few scratches, noticed by the detailing guys. So need to wait a little longer till they order parts for replacement. I guess patience is a virtue…

So apparently my pure has a few scratches, noticed by the detailing guys. So need to wait a little longer till they order parts for replacement. I guess patience is a virtue…
If it was Tesla, they would have sold it hoping you wouldn't notice.

Back