USB issue

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
For the first six months I drove my Air Touring the USB input worked just fine. Over the years I've made myself dozens of "favorites" compilations migrating from cassette to CD to phone to thumb drives. I bought a 16 GB brand name USB thumb drive, formatted it in FAT32 and transferred about 7 GB MP3 music to it, consisting of about 50 files. One day it played just fine, the next day the display showed "loading" and stopping at 17 percent. So I formatted another drive and transferred the music again. Same result.

I contacted Lucid customer care and they took this pretty seriously. Soon one of the Goose Island, Chicago service managers, Josh, phoned me to ask if I could bring in the car. Although I live 150 miles away, I was going to be in Chicago the next day, so I said "sure." Lucid graciously loaned me a Grand Touring in which to drive home.
They spent three days replicating the problem and agreeing there is a bug or glitch in the Lucid software causing this, but can't figure out the cause. By only putting a few files on the drive it plays just fine, but users should be able to load a drive with as many files as they desire within Lucid's limits (which my USB drive came nowhere near). The techs at Goose Island bucked it up to the next level at Lucid which agreed to place the problem on the agenda for future bug fixes.

I was just wondering if any of you have experienced this problem? (Incidentally, the same USB drive plays just fine on my Honda Accord.)

I am not complaining, at least not about customer care. Lucid's concern and attention to detail are incredibly impressive. It took my problem seriously and went to a great deal of effort to correct it. Josh, the service manager, could not have been nicer or more understanding. Lucid will be returning my Touring tomorrow and collecting its GT loaner. (Darn!)

One line of code among thousands in the infotainment software is causing this problem. I'd hate to be the one debugging it. It's pretty minor in the overall scope of the vehicle.

Kudos to Lucid's attitude and the great staff at Goose Island. Josh told me they even washed the car.

Mine also stops loading at 20%. I have about 10gb of music on it.

mine too. I’ve tried multiple drives, multiple erasing and reloading. Works then add a file and it stops. The same drive used to work fine.

I haven't had any issues with USB stopping mid-load; that works.

There's a bug that if you let the car sleep with the USB stick plugged in, it won't load when it wakes up. Removing and reinserting the USB stick loads it just fine tho.

I haven't had any issues with USB stopping mid-load; that works.

There's a bug that if you let the car sleep with the USB stick plugged in, it won't load when it wakes up. Removing and reinserting the USB stick loads it just fine tho.
Unfortunately that didn’t work either.

Back