USB Media Problem

Jack V

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
USB Media Problem
I continue to have a problem with the USB port. The port will play the recorded music on the memory stick. However, once the car locks and you try to access the USB port again, the response is that one must check for the proper formatting of the music on the memory. This is nonsensical since the music played properly before. You must now unplug the memory stick and insert it again and only then will the system reload the music and play it normally. I have confirmed the problem with other cars at the dealer months ago but the problem persists. Has anybody else experienced this?
Jack.

I haven’t even been able to get mine to load yet. I’ve tried different flash drives, reformatting and making sure the files are comparable. I’ve had two phone conversations with support and am going to have to file a ticket. Really wish it worked.

I haven’t even been able to get mine to load yet. I’ve tried different flash drives, reformatting and making sure the files are comparable. I’ve had two phone conversations with support and am going to have to file a ticket. Really wish it worked.
Can you walk us through your exact process?

Can you walk us through your exact process?
Yes, I appreciate the help! First I reformatted the flash drives using @hydbobs recommendations through disc utility. I then dragged the files from My Apple playlist into the flash drive. They are reading m4a, which I believe is compatible. I then plug the flash drive into the USB port. It will show that it’s loading and then get stuck at 100% and then never load. What am I doing wrong?

Yes, I appreciate the help! First I reformatted the flash drives using @hydbobs recommendations through disc utility. I then dragged the files from My Apple playlist into the flash drive. They are reading m4a, which I believe is compatible. I then plug the flash drive into the USB port. It will show that it’s loading and then get stuck at 100% and then never load. What am I doing wrong?
What were his recommendations? Do you have the link handy?

Have you tried with smaller Playlist, say 30 songs?

What were his recommendations? Do you have the link handy?
You bet. That Hydbob is a smart cookie.

How big is the drive and how many files are you loading?

Have you tried with smaller Playlist, say 30 songs?
Yes. I’ve even tried a couple of songs.
How big is the drive and how many files are you loading?
I’ve tried a couple of them, but the last one is 128 GB and I’ve only loaded a couple of songs on it. I have a 2 TB coming from Amazon today to try to rule out errors with the flash drives I’m using.

Yes. I’ve even tried a couple of songs.

I’ve tried a couple of them, but the last one is 128 GB and I’ve only loaded a couple of songs on it. I have a 2 TB coming from Amazon today to try to rule out errors with the flash drives I’m using.
I'm only using a 32gb with about 40 songs on there. Try smaller?

Maybe try formatting on a friend's PC using the Ridgecrop guiformat tool?

Thanks, I just ordered one!
Hope it makes a difference for you. If not, I'd first guess that formatting is the issue. If not that, then the music file type (codec/bit rate).
I formatted mine on a windows PC using the ridgecrop guiformat tool.

I thought 32 GB was the limit.
Did you have to partition yours down to 32?
No to both. Windows has a limitation on formatting drives as FAT32 of 32GB per partition. But the FAT32 format can actually handle partitions up to 2TB. Ridgecrop's GUIformat tool lets you format a drive larger than 32GB on Windows, and the Air works fine with that.

No to both. Windows has a limitation on formatting drives as FAT32 of 32GB per partition. But the FAT32 format can actually handle partitions up to 2TB. Ridgecrop's GUIformat tool lets you format a drive larger than 32GB on Windows, and the Air works fine with that.
Fantastic.
WI’ll use Ridgecrop.
Thanks.

Back