USB Media Tips?

gavram

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I haven't used USB media in a long time but decided to dig up the old MP3 library to test out the new capability in the Lucid. I've been very impressed with the sound quality and am really enjoying it. The music shows up in the Lucid interface as Albums or Songs and I've been playing all songs in the total library in alphabetical order. I noticed that when I exit and re-enter the car Lucid plays & displays the same song I was listening to previously but it changes to album mode & plays the next song within the album instead of continuing to play the alphabetical song list. Any idea how to make it default to play in alphabetical order? Do I need to make the whole library one long playlist?

I'm not sure there is a good answer yet. Playlists don't seem to work yet (I would love to be proved wrong). Dumping all the songs into a single directory doesn't help because the car reads all the meta data in the files and separates them into albums and artists. I suppose you could edit the album information on all the files but I'm going to have faith that Lucid will update the usb music functionality to be more usable. I think patience is the way to go here.

I'm not sure there is a good answer yet. Playlists don't seem to work yet (I would love to be proved wrong). Dumping all the songs into a single directory doesn't help because the car reads all the meta data in the files and separates them into albums and artists. I suppose you could edit the album information on all the files but I'm going to have faith that Lucid will update the usb music functionality to be more usable. I think patience is the way to go here.
Agreed. Personally, I’m just thrilled that data over that port is possible. That opens up the possibility they will be able to do a sentry-mode type feature with recorded dashcam video eventually.

The music app will get better over time. I think this was one of those features they punted on at launch but now have some momentum to improve it.

I just got around to trying USB music, and very disappointing that there is no folder view. I have multiple files that were "acquired" in various methods so the sorting in either view is practically unusable.

I doubt that USB music is high on the Lucid feature prioritization list. I was shocked to even see it as an option given all the available streaming services. I recreated my favorites onto Spotify playlists when Tesla provided access to Spotify years ago. I don't expect Lucid to spend development time on this feature.

I doubt that USB music is high on the Lucid feature prioritization list. I was shocked to even see it as an option given all the available streaming services. I recreated my favorites onto Spotify playlists when Tesla provided access to Spotify years ago. I don't expect Lucid to spend development time on this feature.
Wait, what? It's here already.

Different people have different priorities. Those of us who spend time driving where there's no cell service need a way to play the music we bring with us...

Here is a post on USB media.

Different people have different priorities. Those of us who spend time driving where there's no cell service need a way to play the music we bring with us...
Indeed. In your case more features are important.

Back