Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
USB Drive must be formatted to either FAT32 or VFAT
You can use this program to format your drive properly

Or

Here are steps on how to format to FAT32 on Mac using Disk Utility

• First plug in your USB drive in your mac system.
  • Choose “Application”.
  • Then open “Utilities”.
  • Click “Disk Utilities”.
  • Now in the Disk Utilities, you can see all your devices in the sidebar
  • Click on the USB drive you want to format to FAT32.
  • Click “Erase” from the toolbar
or

1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, click Drive Converter (FAT32), and then click Next.
  2. In the Drives box, click the drive you want to convert to the FAT32 file system.
  3. Click Next, and then click OK.
  4. Click Next, click Next, and then click Next again.
  5. When the conversion is complete, click Finish.
Supported Media File Formats

MP3, WAV, OGG, FLAC, M4A

Last edited:
I am enjoying usb music because I have high resolution files of about 750gb on a card. I’ve done A-B comparisons, and they sound better than any other format, streaming or otherwise in the Lucid. However, I am struggling with the interface—maybe I am doing something wrong. 1) Although I can navigate to genre, it won’t play multiple tracks for that genre. I need to go to one album at a time and select the first track. Same is true for artist. 2) It resets every time I leave the car and it takes about 3 minutes to reload all of the usb files 3) It doesn’t remember the track that it was playing and resumes from the beginning of the album each time. Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but these are basics of any music player that I’ve used. Any suggestions?

I had my music on a USB FAT32 MP3 and it worked fine up until I'm going to say 2.1.33 update. Then I started getting the Loading 10% and it would go no further. Tried reformatting the drive to different formats to no avail. Went back to FAT32 and converted MP3 files to WAV files and wallah - music again. Posting this more for info to others who live in rural areas without cell coverage or who just like their own music.

I had my music on a USB FAT32 MP3 and it worked fine up until I'm going to say 2.1.33 update. Then I started getting the Loading 10% and it would go no further. Tried reformatting the drive to different formats to no avail. Went back to FAT32 and converted MP3 files to WAV files and wallah - music again. Posting this more for info to others who live in rural areas without cell coverage or who just like their own music.
Thanks.... mine worked until the latest update and now it only loads up to 21%. I'll give it another try reformatting.

Thanks.... mine worked until the latest update and now it only loads up to 21%. I'll give it another try reformatting.
Exactly the same here ... most likely a Lucid bug ... I suspect that USB media playback is very low priority a s when it was working, it was nearly useless.

Exactly the same here ... most likely a Lucid bug ... I suspect that USB media playback is very low priority a s when it was working, it was nearly useless.
Useless? I currently use it almost every day

Mine works for me, but has almost always loaded slowly. I tested it out in a car before buying one. I tested again in a loaner car, using the USB stick that was recommended. The same problem exists on the car I bought. So it's not my car in particular, any particular USB drive or specific USB port. But I noticed recently there have been a few times when it loaded up within a matter of seconds. I don't know how many but it was well under 15 seconds. That tells me that there are software issues, since the car is capable of loading quickly sometimes. What I can't figure out is whether there's anything in particular that slows down the loading or whether it's merely the sheer volume of material on the drive.

It's far from useless, even after it loads, but it could certainly use a lot of work. There should be a way to "favorite" individual folders, to queue up some folders into rotation, etc. For now, if it finishes playing what's in a folder, there's no way of having it automatically move on to what you select in advance. a 25 year old car with a CD changer could do that. It's not asking too much to be able to emulate that.

I reformatted the USB and loaded four songs to test it out, and it worked fine. I added in about 6GB of music and it stuck at 21% and kept trying to reload. I dropped down to about 1 GB of music, and it reloads to 56% before freezing, so it's no longer useful, unfortunately. I may contact the SC to see if they have any tips, because I have a lot of dead spots if I am out driving for any length of time locally and this was a great fallback. Bummer.

I reformatted the USB and loaded four songs to test it out, and it worked fine. I added in about 6GB of music and it stuck at 21% and kept trying to reload. I dropped down to about 1 GB of music, and it reloads to 56% before freezing, so it's no longer useful, unfortunately. I may contact the SC to see if they have any tips, because I have a lot of dead spots if I am out driving for any length of time locally and this was a great fallback. Bummer.
Mine used to work fine, now having the exact same issue as you. Many others here have reported similar issues.

I would love to grab a zip file of one of your sticks so that I could test it. I have 29G on mine with zero loading issues, minus the “unplug and replug” issue whenever the car wakes from sleep.

I have a 32GB USB stick formatted with FAT32. It contains about 7GB total MP3 files, but there are about 50 files. Until update 2.1.3 it played fine. After that, it froze loading at 21 percent. I complained to Lucid. In its exemplary customer service, it asked me to leave my car at the Goose Island facility in Chicago and it loaned me a Lucid GT. After three days the local techs could not isolate the problem., They discovered if they deleted 3/4 of the files on the drive it would play. They consulted with headquarters, which admitted it knew there was a problem, but there was nothing they could do to solve it and it would be fairly low on the priorities of things that needed fixing. So now I can play music from USB as long as there are a very limited number of files on the drive. I tried other brand name USB drives with the same result. Considering I don't care for Spotify, Tidal or Sirius/XM, I'm very disappointed. I realize Lucid made a good faith effort to solve the problem and I appreciate that. But really, in a $100K car?

I have a 32GB USB stick formatted with FAT32. It contains about 7GB total MP3 files, but there are about 50 files. Until update 2.1.3 it played fine. After that, it froze loading at 21 percent. I complained to Lucid. In its exemplary customer service, it asked me to leave my car at the Goose Island facility in Chicago and it loaned me a Lucid GT. After three days the local techs could not isolate the problem., They discovered if they deleted 3/4 of the files on the drive it would play. They consulted with headquarters, which admitted it knew there was a problem, but there was nothing they could do to solve it and it would be fairly low on the priorities of things that needed fixing. So now I can play music from USB as long as there are a very limited number of files on the drive. I tried other brand name USB drives with the same result. Considering I don't care for Spotify, Tidal or Sirius/XM, I'm very disappointed. I realize Lucid made a good faith effort to solve the problem and I appreciate that. But really, in a $100K car?
My bet is you have one or a few files that are causing an issue, and that is screwing up the loading.

That’s why I’m hoping to isolate it by testing it with a zip of the files.

You can delete them one album at a time and see if you can isolate what’s causing it.

Actually, the folks at Lucid did what you suggested. It was not any one file. It has to do with the total number of files. The same USB drive played one day just fine and then after an update refused to load past 23 percent. This wasn't the only USB drive to have this problem. I loaded totally different MP3 material on a different FAT32 32MB drive with the same result.

Actually, the folks at Lucid did what you suggested. It was not any one file. It has to do with the total number of files. The same USB drive played one day just fine and then after an update refused to load past 23 percent. This wasn't the only USB drive to have this problem. I loaded totally different MP3 material on a different FAT32 32MB drive with the same result.
Hm. I wonder if it’s because it’s 32GB? I have 29GB on a 256GB drive with no issues.

Perhaps I miss read the parameters. I somehow thought from an earlier forum conversation that 32GB was max. In any event. the Lucid techs would have informed me otherwise if a larger drive would work. At least I assume so. However, I'll take your suggestion and give it a try.

Perhaps I miss read the parameters. I somehow thought from an earlier forum conversation that 32GB was max. In any event. the Lucid techs would have informed me otherwise if a larger drive would work. At least I assume so. However, I'll take your suggestion and give it a try.
A much larger drive should work. 32GB is just the limit for formatting a FAT32 drive on Windows. There are simple ways around that limitation.

Back