USB Media Guidelines and Tips!

Perhaps I miss read the parameters. I somehow thought from an earlier forum conversation that 32GB was max. In any event. the Lucid techs would have informed me otherwise if a larger drive would work. At least I assume so. However, I'll take your suggestion and give it a try.
My experience is identical to yours and others and I am using a 128gb thumb drive but have also tried a microsd card both gave the same result. Less files it loaded when adding an add’l file it wouldn’t load. The same files fully loaded on the thumb drive in the past. It’s very frustrating. I had my son look at it who is a computer engineer with Apple and he gave up. It’s very frustrating. I can imagine it’s not a priority for Lucid. I guess I’ll just use CarPlay and play the same files through my phone. Car drives fantastic !

OK, I took a beverage and my laptop out to the car this evening and gradually added folders/albums onto the 32GB USB I had, checking to see if it loaded after each batch. I managed to get about 3GB of music on it before it got stuck in the loop. This included adding about 50 songs that were single files. At about 695 songs, it seemed to cry "Uncle", and the loops/resets began. I dropped a couple songs, and it loaded properly again. I'll check again in the morning to see if all is well. This should be enough to get me through the dead spots, and I can always load a second USB for something different. Hope some other folks can get theirs working.

OK, I took a beverage and my laptop out to the car this evening and gradually added folders/albums onto the 32GB USB I had, checking to see if it loaded after each batch. I managed to get about 3GB of music on it before it got stuck in the loop. This included adding about 50 songs that were single files. At about 695 songs, it seemed to cry "Uncle", and the loops/resets began. I dropped a couple songs, and it loaded properly again. I'll check again in the morning to see if all is well. This should be enough to get me through the dead spots, and I can always load a second USB for something different. Hope some other folks can get theirs working.
You know what - all of mine are FLACs. That probably means I have a much lower *number* of songs, despite having a similar *size on disk*.

So I wonder if it’s the number of tracks, not the size that matters?

You know what - all of mine are FLACs. That probably means I have a much lower *number* of songs, despite having a similar *size on disk*.

So I wonder if it’s the number of tracks, not the size that matters?

I believe the issue is files that have no/zero tags.

Try using something like this to add tags, and see if that fixes the issue:

Last edited:
Back