USB Media Format

I finally got a USB to format to FAT32 and loaded about a dozen songs (.mp3) and it is actually recognized by the infotainment, I can see the songs, but none of them will actually play. Any hints on what to try next?
What is the size of the USB drive being used to storage your .mp3?

What is the size of the USB drive being used to storage your .mp3?
Sorry, I thought I had put that in... I got a 32GB USB. Does it matter if it is 2.0 or 3.1?

Sorry, I thought I had put that in... I got a 32GB USB. Does it matter if it is 2.0 or 3.1?
It should not. Try reformatting again.

It should not. Try reformatting again.
I did the long reformatting and reallocated to 32 kilobytes, and that seems to have worked. Thanks! Now I will have music options in the copious NH dead spots...

Ridgecrop has a handy FAT32 formatter tool. Had to use it on my Tesla's USB drive, and now for my Air.
Thanks for this info! I used Powershell and that didn't work. Ridgecrop worked super fast. Finally can play my flac files. Noticeably better than Tidal!

Got it working. 208 GB of music on a FAT32 volume.

The Lucid can playback flac files up to 192K sampling rates. Anything higher res or DSD will not play. But that’s pretty good.
Do all your FLAC files work? Mine are hit and miss. I converted some to mp4a; that seems to solve the problem.

The Lucid can playback flac files up to 192K sampling rates. Anything higher res or DSD will not play. But that’s pretty good.
For some reason, some of my FLAC files won't play (after a few Lucid software updates). I don't know if it's related. I converted some of the FLAC files to mp4a and they work, but I lost the cover art. Used some program called Mp3tag and all is well. Still don't understand why the FLAC files stopped playing.

Has anyone successfully formatted a USB for MS-DOS (FAT32) on their Mac, and then loaded .mp3 files and had any success?

My USB is setup this way, all with .mp3's and Lucid gives the same error message ""Loading 10%...". Then a few seconds later says something about checking the media format. I should add - <1GB of music on a 4GB USB drive

The only thing I can see on the USB drive that is suspect is a ".Trashes" folder, which cannot be deleted.

Anyone successful on Mac?

Are you saying that you can get the car to accept 208 GB of music? What brand stick are you using and what capacity? I need to upsize my 64 GB.

Are you saying that you can get the car to accept 208 GB of music? What brand stick are you using and what capacity? I need to upsize my 64 GB.
No, it's a 4GB drive and <1GB is in use.

Very strange but followed the same process with a different physical USB stick and now it's working.

I downloaded approximately 120GB of music (FLAC and mp4a) onto a MicroCenter 256GB (3.0) (pretty generic) thumb drive. Took 6 minutes to load in the Lucid. It showed 4 songbooks of 500 songs each; I'm pretty sure I have more songs than that loaded onto the drive. Anyone have any experience with maximum capacities in number of songs and drive size?

I downloaded approximately 120GB of music (FLAC and mp4a) onto a MicroCenter 256GB (3.0) (pretty generic) thumb drive. Took 6 minutes to load in the Lucid. It showed 4 songbooks of 500 songs each; I'm pretty sure I have more songs than that loaded onto the drive. Anyone have any experience with maximum capacities in number of songs and drive size?

I had my entire music library (about 212GB) loaded onto a 256GB 2.0 stick. It took such a long time to load that I was often at my destination before anything would play, and sometimes the stick wouldn't load at all -- just go up to 70% and then start reloading over and over.

So I put a subset of my library (about 24GB) onto a 32GB 3.0 stick. That stick will load in 3-4 minutes and plays fine. Of course, it still has to reload every time I restart the car.

That reminds me of my 1955 Ford Thunderbird which had a tube radio (yep, pre-transistor days). I would start the car, drive for about 3 minutes, then the radio would blare out and scare the beejeezus out of me LOL! I'll do a test with a USB2.0 drive and report my findings.

Hey there, just got my Lucid GT, the first home delivery in Europe :cool:
How many gigs of music have you loaded onto the drive and how many songs show up on the Lucid panel?
That would be interesting to know since I found no way to show all my files - maximum was 500 songs with all my files on a stick, I reached 581 songs with just 581 songs on a stick.
Would be great to know how many files you see, AZLucidGuy...?

Hey there, just got my Lucid GT, the first home delivery in Europe :cool:

That would be interesting to know since I found no way to show all my files - maximum was 500 songs with all my files on a stick, I reached 581 songs with just 581 songs on a stick.
Would be great to know how many files you see, AZLucidGuy...?
Where are you located?

Welcome to the club!

what did you do to get your USB music working? I formatted mine as FAT32 and I still get the same format error...

Back