Is there a shuffle option when using USB music?

codys21

Verified Owner
We took our car for our first 10 minute drive last night, tried to listen to music, and found there's no shuffle?

We took the USB straight out of my wife's 2016 Ford Fusion and put it in the new Lucid. The files seemed to load fine; however, there are 2 major issues:
1) the (approximately 1,000) songs are in two separate, alphabetical folders, one with song titles beginning with A-L (and numbers) and the other with the rest of L through Z.
2) there doesn't appear to be a shuffle option and we really, really don't want to listen to the songs in alphabetical order. (nor do we want to listen by a single genre, artist, etc). This exact same setup works flawlessly in the Fusion (and a 2015 BMW, though that car is even better because it has an onboard storage removing the requirement to keep the USB plugged in).

Is there really no way to have the music shuffled through all 1,000 songs?

I haven't found a way to do this yet either. Simply, I don't believe they have programmed a way to do it. Not high on their list I guess. Since Sirius/XM doesn't work well, and radio station are very weak, it was an alternative....but not yet implemented.

We took our car for our first 10 minute drive last night, tried to listen to music, and found there's no shuffle?

We took the USB straight out of my wife's 2016 Ford Fusion and put it in the new Lucid. The files seemed to load fine; however, there are 2 major issues:
1) the (approximately 1,000) songs are in two separate, alphabetical folders, one with song titles beginning with A-L (and numbers) and the other with the rest of L through Z.
2) there doesn't appear to be a shuffle option and we really, really don't want to listen to the songs in alphabetical order. (nor do we want to listen by a single genre, artist, etc). This exact same setup works flawlessly in the Fusion (and a 2015 BMW, though that car is even better because it has an onboard storage removing the requirement to keep the USB plugged in).

Is there really no way to have the music shuffled through all 1,000 songs?
USB music was sort of tacked on after the fact. I think the request for it caught Lucid off guard a bit.

As such, the feature hasn't really been fully fleshed out. They added it, then checked it off the list and moved on to other requests.

I suspect they will get back to this eventually. But it's probably on page 27 of their priority list.

USB music was sort of tacked on after the fact. I think the request for it caught Lucid off guard a bit.

As such, the feature hasn't really been fully fleshed out. They added it, then checked it off the list and moved on to other requests.

I suspect they will get back to this eventually. But it's probably on page 27 of their priority list.
I understand it not being high in the priority list at this point but it's astonishing it wasn't included immediately. Why would anybody ever want to listen to their playlist in alphabetical order?? Lol

I'm glad the feature is there, but the UI for it is bizarre. I just want to tap "shuffle all". It looks like the software team was given a checklist of requirements, and none of them actually use it in daily life.

Oh well, I'm guessing they are spending their time making CarPlay work as well as it can, which is a good thing - I only use USB for music when CarPlay is throwing a tantrum.

I'm glad the feature is there, but the UI for it is bizarre. I just want to tap "shuffle all". It looks like the software team was given a checklist of requirements, and none of them actually use it in daily life.

Oh well, I'm guessing they are spending their time making CarPlay work as well as it can, which is a good thing - I only use USB for music when CarPlay is throwing a tantrum.
Bizarre indeed. Unfortunately, the USB is the only way we listen to music so this is quite the disappointment.

I understand it not being high in the priority list at this point but it's astonishing it wasn't included immediately. Why would anybody ever want to listen to their playlist in alphabetical order?? Lol
I generally listen to albums in track order, personally.

But I agree that it should’ve included a shuffle option

Back