Playlist and USB music.

A simple solution might be using Bluetooth to play the songs from your phone. Of course this means loading the songs to your phone. I've gone this route as opposed to a thumb drive for all the reasons stated by others.
That's what I've done and use the app Musicolet. It works well for my wife (the main profile) where she is able to load up the songs, scroll through the playlists, etc. (still not as good as using a falsh drive but a decent alternative.) Of course, it also means the app needs to be opened/running in the background on one's phone. For me, I do not get the option the Musicolet app when choosing audio devices. I only get "Media Player" so therefore have no way to select a specific song because I cannot scroll through the songs. I thought maybe it was a problem with my four year old phone but I got a new phone and it's the same issue. Her phone and both of my are Androids. Maybe it's a problem because I'm not the main profile (but our profiles/phones are set up the same). Either way, pretty annoying that Lucid cannot even get music right. One of the many examples where they have amazing hardware/packaging, but their software is well behind.

The most recent update added shuffle but the playlists are still limited to fewer than 500 songs and Alexa will not play music from the USB. Crazy how a 2015 BMW and 2016 Ford have better integrated music technology than a $100k luxury car of today...
Please read the guidelines. Try to avoid statements like your last two sentences. That doesn’t add anything to your argument and sounds entitled. I have quoted the pertinent section below:
  • BE HELPFUL: Try to stay true to our goal of helping each other. Posting problems just to vent is not helpful to anyone. If you had a poor experience, post something that others will benefit from. Think: constructive criticism. Refrain from “entitlement” attitudes by avoiding narratives such as, “I spent $xxxxxx on this car so therefore…,” etc.
Thank you.

The most recent update added shuffle but the playlists are still limited to fewer than 500 songs and Alexa will not play music from the USB. Crazy how a 2015 BMW and 2016 Ford have better integrated music technology than a $100k luxury car of today...
Okay, rewording to comply better with forum guidelines (and replying to my old post because editing is no longer available):
The most recent update added shuffle but the playlists are still limited to fewer than 500 songs and Alexa will not play music from the USB. Hopefully a future OTA update will allow for all USB songs on one playlist and an additional option to have Alexa (or some voice command) to play a specific song from the USB and then continue shuffling from the same USB. This is certainly something that should be standard on a luxury car, and although it's not going to really be a deal breaker if choosing between a Lucid and another EV, it is certainly annoying to those who purchased the Lucid already.

It is so easy to add an additional USB power port by connecting to the fuse box under the passenger side dash. I used a micro fuse add a tap to bring two 12 volt outlets and a USB. The most difficult part is removing and replacing the cover in the foot well.
Thank you for sharing. May I know what extension box (for 12V) you are using? So I can buy one for my GT

Okay, rewording to comply better with forum guidelines (and replying to my old post because editing is no longer available):
The most recent update added shuffle but the playlists are still limited to fewer than 500 songs and Alexa will not play music from the USB. Hopefully a future OTA update will allow for all USB songs on one playlist and an additional option to have Alexa (or some voice command) to play a specific song from the USB and then continue shuffling from the same USB. This is certainly something that should be standard on a luxury car, and although it's not going to really be a deal breaker if choosing between a Lucid and another EV, it is certainly annoying to those who purchased the Lucid already.
I think directory size and file size are limited in FAT32 USB format. That doesn’t mean Lucid can’t come up with a workaround, they’d have to build a whole software interface on top of the current one to sort and organize, could be a large undertaking, it’s just a possible explanation for the breakdown into size limited folders.

Back