Playlist and USB music.

kerplunk

Is there a way to create or import a playlist for USB playback?

I just dumped my collection of songs and it breaks it up into albums, artist and 3 separate entries of 474 songs. I'm guessing there is some kind of song list limit for the Air.

Preferably, I'd have my entire collection and be able to play as I go. But it seems like I may have to have only the music I want loaded on the USB unless I'm missing something.

I gave up on using my USB audio library in the car because while it sounds wonderful, I need the one USB port for my radar detector, and the other for my Twraps wireless charging pad, and it is NOT fun trying to insert any USB device into the extremely difficult to access arm rest USB ports, and unfortunately the user interface to finding my songs is too bare bones to be useful for my listening preferences. I think it’s the only thing I actively hate about the car, I either love or accept everything else about it so it’s a happy marriage, but that one thing….

I am using the USB music now that the SiriusXM streaming has ended. It needs some improvements. Add shuffle play. The music should continue from the point where the music stopped when my trip was completed. There are times when the music only plays one song and stops.

I gave up on using my USB audio library in the car because while it sounds wonderful, I need the one USB port for my radar detector, and the other for my Twraps wireless charging pad, and it is NOT fun trying to insert any USB device into the extremely difficult to access arm rest USB ports, and unfortunately the user interface to finding my songs is too bare bones to be useful for my listening preferences. I think it’s the only thing I actively hate about the car, I either love or accept everything else about it so it’s a happy marriage, but that one thing….
I'm with you Bunny. My ports are already tied up with my fuzz-buster & my Carlink connection (yes I'm an Android person).

I'm with you Bunny. My ports are already tied up with my fuzz-buster & my Carlink connection (yes I'm an Android person).
Could run a cable from the trunk to power your fuzz buster

And yes, sound quality of HD files is excellent, but player lacks basic functionality of 1st gen iPod.

Could run a cable from the trunk to power your fuzz buster
Good idea, but you have no idea what kind of a technological incompetent you're dealing with in me. I can turn on the tv, but I don't try anything much more advanced than that😁

It is so easy to add an additional USB power port by connecting to the fuse box under the passenger side dash. I used a micro fuse add a tap to bring two 12 volt outlets and a USB. The most difficult part is removing and replacing the cover in the foot well.

Attachments

• Aux 12 volt.JPG
    Aux 12 volt.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 36
  • Lucid fuse box.JPG
    Lucid fuse box.JPG
    8.1 MB · Views: 39
I am using the USB music now that the SiriusXM streaming has ended. It needs some improvements. Add shuffle play. The music should continue from the point where the music stopped when my trip was completed. There are times when the music only plays one song and stops.
Shuffle play would be at the top of my wish list. I have about 550 songs on USB. After shuffle play, here are my three other top wishes:
2) Don't keep reverting to the start of a list!!! Examples:
a) I'm navigating songs by artist and I listen to something by REO Speedwagon. Then I go back up to the artist list, wanting to scroll just a little further to Starship, but it bounces me all the way back to A-ha. I have to scroll all the way down again :(
b) I have my list of all 550 songs down on my Pilot Panel and I'm listening to "Ride Like the Wind", and I want to listen to "Silent Running" next, but I swipe my songs back up to the Glass Cockpit to do something else on the Pilot Panel. Guess where I'm at in my song list now? "Africa." Yay, lots more scrolling.
3) There's no flexibility in the structure you must traverse to play music. If I choose to listen by genre, I must then choose an album to get to the songs within. It would be nice to have access to all my songs of a particular genre directly, or to then choose by artist. Ditto if I start by choosing an artist-- then I must choose an album, but usually I'd just like to see all the songs I have by that artist.
4) How about letting Alexa navigate my songs on USB? I love being able to say "Tune to 1310 AM" but I can't say "Play some Bruce Hornsby and the Range on USB".

Back