Lucid's Spotify implementation sucks.

RDaneel

Cars
Tesla Model 3
Pretty much the title. This is probably just useless shouting into the void, but I am amazed at how much the Spotify implementation on the Lucid Air stinks compared to Tesla's implementation.

I thought I could search for an artist, then browse their albums, songs, and playlists. LOL. Not only do I have to type on a screen that is far from the driving eyeline on a tiny screen keyboard, once you find an artist and tap it, you get a playlist of their music. No nested artist/album/song folders. If you want to pick a song to play next, forget about it, as tapping anything stops what you are listening to and jumps to the new artist.

Every single aspect of this app is garbage, at least based on my couple hours of experience. I am praying that I'm merely using it wrong, and it isn't this bad, but it doesn't seem like it will get much better with more exposure.

Humbug.

Yea, it’s not great, add it to list of enhancements lucid should be working on lol. I don’t know if you’ve tried CarPlay’s implementation but that’s another option you have. Unfortunately there’s hardly any keyboards in CarPlay, so it’s pretty useless as an infotainment setup.

Pretty much the title. This is probably just useless shouting into the void, but I am amazed at how much the Spotify implementation on the Lucid Air stinks compared to Tesla's implementation.

I thought I could search for an artist, then browse their albums, songs, and playlists. LOL. Not only do I have to type on a screen that is far from the driving eyeline on a tiny screen keyboard, once you find an artist and tap it, you get a playlist of their music. No nested artist/album/song folders. If you want to pick a song to play next, forget about it, as tapping anything stops what you are listening to and jumps to the new artist.

Every single aspect of this app is garbage, at least based on my couple hours of experience. I am praying that I'm merely using it wrong, and it isn't this bad, but it doesn't seem like it will get much better with more exposure.

Humbug.
Why don’t you just ask Siri or Alexa to play what you want on Spotify. Works easily. I never type on the screen while driving.

Yea, it’s not great, add it to list of enhancements lucid should be working on lol. I don’t know if you’ve tried CarPlay’s implementation but that’s another option you have. Unfortunately there’s hardly any keyboards in CarPlay, so it’s pretty useless as an infotainment setup.
I look forward to trying this with Android Auto, as soon as Lucid gets around to enabling that feature.

Back