Streaming radio suggestions?

johnjbarton

We tried Tidal but as far as we could tell it starts the selected playlist over every time we get in. Same song over and over. Cancelled it.

Spotify seemed more promising, but the artist-radio feature only has dozen songs before it repeats.

Both Pandora and YouTube music are better than Spotify for us. For trips we stream Internet radio over Bluetooth, but that's to much hassle around town.

Is there a better way to use Spotify? Alternatives?

Thanks

We tried Tidal but as far as we could tell it starts the selected playlist over every time we get in. Same song over and over. Cancelled it.

Spotify seemed more promising, but the artist-radio feature only has dozen songs before it repeats.

Both Pandora and YouTube music are better than Spotify for us. For trips we stream Internet radio over Bluetooth, but that's to much hassle around town.

Thanks
If your usual local radio station is on iHeart radio, you can create a free vaccount and link it through Alexa. Then you can say Alexa play WBZ on iHeart Radio. When there's good cell service it's actually been clearer for me that way than through the broadcast version which hasn't been amazing for me

Thanks
Tunein works, but I might wait for the update where the streaming is much much better and stable. I mainly use Spotify and now with 2.0.12 Tidal since it's stable now

I will echo the iHeart radio which is on the car. I have been listening to the local stations that way since the antenna in the car pulling OTA radio stations is very poor

If your usual local radio station is on iHeart radio, you can create a free vaccount and link it through Alexa. Then you can say Alexa play WBZ on iHeart Radio. When there's good cell service it's actually been clearer for me that way than through the broadcast version which hasn't been amazing for me
Thanks! Our usual station is not on iHeart, but iHeart's "Artist Radio" feature looks similar to Pandora and they have a "Favorites Radio" which aggregates over the Artists you play. We'll give it a try.

Back