The Goose lays a golden egg

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
Goose Island, Chicago sent a terrific mobile service technician to my home about 150 miles away. Forgive if I've misspelled, his name is Guillermo. He really knew his stuff, was well-spoken, conscientious and fast without cutting corners. I needed the auto-entry seat adjust enabled. He also checked some possible defects, such as the coolant valve, from the factory checklist, but fortunately my car did not require replacement parts or major service. He even was nice enough to replace the batteries in our key fobs and help my partner program hers. He explained that even though we keep them in Faraday pouches, the fobs keep continuously transmitting, which is why their batteries die so quickly. (I consider that a design defect, but that's for a different post.) Guillermo was so thorough he even checked the tire pressures and pumped a few pounds into one of the tires that was slightly low.

I asked him about Android Auto. He said he was an Android guy and was buying a Lucid, but had no idea if and when Android Auto would arrive. It's great reassurance when your service technician buys a car from the company!

Goose Island, Chicago sent a terrific mobile service technician to my home about 150 miles away. Forgive if I've misspelled, his name is Guillermo. He really knew his stuff, was well-spoken, conscientious and fast without cutting corners. I needed the auto-entry seat adjust enabled. He also checked some possible defects, such as the coolant valve, from the factory checklist, but fortunately my car did not require replacement parts or major service. He even was nice enough to replace the batteries in our key fobs and help my partner program hers. He explained that even though we keep them in Faraday pouches, the fobs keep continuously transmitting, which is why their batteries die so quickly. (I consider that a design defect, but that's for a different post.) Guillermo was so thorough he even checked the tire pressures and pumped a few pounds into one of the tires that was slightly low.

I asked him about Android Auto. He said he was an Android guy and was buying a Lucid, but had no idea if and when Android Auto would arrive. It's great reassurance when your service technician buys a car from the company!
I've noticed that a LOT of Lucid employees buy the car. This shows an extreme amount of faith. (firstto520s GT, etc)

When a company stands behind their product, great things happen.

My fob batteries seem to last a long time. As mentioned before, try to not buy the ones with bittering agent or wipe them down with an alcohol cloth to clean it off. It can give a poor connection, resulting in the fob thinking the battery is dead.

He explained that even though we keep them in Faraday pouches, the fobs keep continuously transmitting, which is why their batteries die so quickly.
Take your batteries out, wipe them down with alcohol, put them back in. They’ll last *much much* longer.

Don’t be surprised if there is a TSB for this soon.

Take your batteries out, wipe them down with alcohol, put them back in. They’ll last *much much* longer.

Don’t be surprised if there is a TSB for this soon.
Pretty cool to see this advice being given remember I was one of the first to try licking the batteries 🔋 lol 😂

Great to hear such a positive experience - I'm fortunate to live close to the Tysons SC but it's good to know mobile service works well for those who need it. (and if I needed service in NH, where I am currently, I guess it would be mobile from Natick?)

Back