Brake System Fault, Automatic Vehicle Hold Fault

ev_newbie

Cars
AT 19", Glass canopy, SSP
Hello Folks, my Air Touring with ~500 miles on the odometer has been in the service center for a week and a half with Brake System Fault, Automatic Vehicle Hold Fault. So far response from service advisor/representative range from "we dont know whats wrong" to "we are diagnosing it". For folks who have had identical issues with your Lucid Air, any idea how long it took for diagnosis and fix? I understand quality/teething issues with a nascent EV company but shouldnt service department focus on resolving issues quickly; at the very least providing timely updates? Since this is mostly a computer on battery and wheels, wouldn't logs reveal what part of the braking system the fault might be localized to? Any guidance on how to escalate this with Lucid? I love how the car drives, but was only able to drive for 500 miles (90 of those was when I picked it up) :-( Frustrating

Hello Folks, my Air Touring with ~500 miles on the odometer has been in the service center for a week and a half with Brake System Fault, Automatic Vehicle Hold Fault. So far response from service advisor/representative range from "we dont know whats wrong" to "we are diagnosing it". For folks who have had identical issues with your Lucid Air, any idea how long it took for diagnosis and fix? I understand quality/teething issues with a nascent EV company but shouldnt service department focus on resolving issues quickly; at the very least providing timely updates? Since this is mostly a computer on battery and wheels, wouldn't logs reveal what part of the braking system the fault might be localized to? Any guidance on how to escalate this with Lucid? I love how the car drives, but was only able to drive for 500 miles (90 of those was when I picked it up) :-( Frustrating
I am already on my fourth (I think) update on my Iphone which is almost brand new. Each time Apple is fixing some gremlin or problem. My Iphone is roughly 3" by 6". Now take an object that is 196" long and imagine how many potential problems there could be.

There is a reason that CR recommends not purchasing a new car in the first year of production. Building an internal library of problems and fixes is a difficult task for a new car builder without a history behind it, If a problem pops up on a BMW I4 or a Merc EQS, the car has many subsystems that are the same as or similar to the ones that were in other BMW or Mercedes cars and it has a history with them. Lucid has to build such a library and it will take time.

If one buys a Lucid (or Rivian, or Rimac) waiting for diagnosis is part of the experience (building a library of problems and fixes is IMO part of the experience; having inadequate repair staff/locations/loaners is controllable by the car company and IMO is not acceptable).

The service center doesn't want your car or anyone else's car taking up space at their facility while they drink lattes. They'll be working to address your issues in a timely manner, but they will have constraints on parts, diagnostics, etc.
But your valid point is around communications. I love it when they call me with updates, not the other way around.

This just happened to my Air GT (but I have almost 20,000 miles). What was the resolution?

Hi Everyone with Brake Fault Issues: After almost 7500 mile on my Lucid GT the following warning lights came on. It looks like similar problems that other have had in the past. What was the outcome and how long did it take to correct the issue? I have contacted customer service and still waiting for a call back. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20231106_102850 (5).jpg
    20231106_102850 (5).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 81
  • 20231106_102855 (1).jpg
    20231106_102855 (1).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 53
  • lucid brake1.jpg
    lucid brake1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 52
Hi Everyone with Brake Fault Issues: After almost 7500 mile on my Lucid GT the following warning lights came on. It looks like similar problems that other have had in the past. What was the outcome and how long did it take to correct the issue? I have contacted customer service and still waiting for a call back. Any information would be helpful. Thanks!
Was this after an update?

No, the update was a week before and I had used the car after the update. I did hand wash the car and the next day the fault light came on. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I did talk to a Lucid Service tech and he said it may need another update. I still do not have an appointment scheduled for them to come onsite to do the update.

No, the update was a week before and I had used the car after the update. I did hand wash the car and the next day the fault light came on. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. I did talk to a Lucid Service tech and he said it may need another update. I still do not have an appointment scheduled for them to come onsite to do the update.
Dang, please keep us updated on the remedy and status!

For me it was a faulty sensor. There is one in each wheel. They fixed it, I wen tot pick it up and when driving out the the error returned. The repair was correct, but he sensor has a magnet in it (I don't know the details) and there was metal debris on the new sensor which caused that one to show an error. After cleaning all was fine. It has now been 5,000 miles more and the error has not returned.

Dang, please keep us updated on the remedy and status!
I now have an appointment set for this Thursday. The Lucid service techs are in South Carolina this week and will return to the Atlanta area this Thursday. We do not have a permanent service center in the Atlanta area as of yet. They definitely need one!

Good News! The Lucid tech came out today and did a complete diagnosis on the car and found nothing seemed to be a hot spot. He did a turn signal reset and then a soft reset to clear the fault codes. He test drove the vehicle and everything seemed to work fine. He indicated that it could have been a software update issue that my car was not able to process correctly. Hopefully, it won't happen again with future updates!

Hello everyone,

I ran into Brake System Fault issue today with my 2023 Luid Air Touring. I just crossed the 3k miles earlier this week. The message started displaying while I was driving on the highway. There was light rain here in New York. I took the next exit and after parking in a safe spot, called customer service. The crazy thing was that the car was moving forward when I tried to put in the reverse. Lucid customer service tried to do some remote diagnostics and a shutdown and restart, but the message still showed up when I attempted to engage the reverse even though the vehicle had now moved backward with the reverse. Also, the side camera that turns on with the left or right turn indicator and 360-degree camera has stopped working simultaneously. I have opened a service ticket and hope to call the service center early tomorrow. This is a bummer and scary situation to be in while driving, especially at night with other people in the vehicle. The vehicle was in service last week for small issues and I have been extremely pleased with the Service Center personnel. The software is 2.1.50. I hope, I can get this resolved asap. If not, I might have to escalate this.

Attachments

• IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    919.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0609.jpg
    IMG_0609.jpg
    741.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
Hello @WJA, sorry for delayed response. In my case, this issue happened on the same day I picked the car up from the PPF shop. Car was at service center for ~3.5 weeks and the analysis was some physical connectivity glitch with one/more brake sensor(s). Service advisor/technician suspected that the PPF shop may have lifted the car while they were working on it and it may have caused the disconnect. While the car was at the PPF shop, I did receive couple tilt alerts on my App and the shop confirmed that they did lift it up. After the fix of connecting the sensor module back up, car has been solid for a year now.

This just happened to me as well. Just got a car on Wednesday. Hoping it's just a faulty sensor and that Lucid had gotten more experienced at diagnosing and fixing this quickly. Sucks because I really need the car today and it may not even be an underlying mechanical issue (but obviously not going to take the chance…)

Hello everyone,

I ran into Brake System Fault issue today with my 2023 Luid Air Touring. I just crossed the 3k miles earlier this week. The message started displaying while I was driving on the highway. There was light rain here in New York. I took the next exit and after parking in a safe spot, called customer service. The crazy thing was that the car was moving forward when I tried to put in the reverse. Lucid customer service tried to do some remote diagnostics and a shutdown and restart, but the message still showed up when I attempted to engage the reverse even though the vehicle had now moved backward with the reverse. Also, the side camera that turns on with the left or right turn indicator and 360-degree camera has stopped working simultaneously. I have opened a service ticket and hope to call the service center early tomorrow. This is a bummer and scary situation to be in while driving, especially at night with other people in the vehicle. The vehicle was in service last week for small issues and I have been extremely pleased with the Service Center personnel. The software is 2.1.50. I hope, I can get this resolved asap. If not, I might have to escalate this.
Got back my car earlier this week. It was diagnosed as a rear sensor fault. Everything is back and working great. Lucid service center in New York did a great job.

That’s great to hear. Lucid has had mine for a week and don’t yet have a diagnosis (they had to bring in Engineering)

Back