Lets share our stories about how many of us have been "tested" by other cars

These were entertaining to read hahaha

I was driving back home on a way and a red Corvette C6 wanted to race.
My wife was in the passenger seat screaming, "no, noooo" and the guy slowed down next to me, revved his engine, and we took off, and I put it in sprint and saw him in my rear view mirror a second later.

He pulled off and put his hand out the window in defeat and made his exit

I got tested alright, and got my a$$ handed to me by a lowly Tesla Model Y Performance.

He bested me from one green light to the next red light, a quarter mile away. I chickened out by not flooring my AGT, and got my clock cleaned.

He pulled far enough ahead of me that he was able to cut me off, cross over to the right lane, slow me down, and make me wait behind him to complete the same right turn we were both making.

Humbling, humiliating, distressing and downright annoying and just maddening. I’m still worked up just thinking about it to this day.

No, no hard feelings at all, about this really vexing incident.
Yeah, turns out we’re different people! ;)

I was leaving westchester C&C a few months back when a buddy was also leaving in his Lamborghini hurrican SV. Since we were going to the same diner I motioned him to come alongside when the road opened up to four lanes. We were rolling about 40 or so, and as he pulled along side I heard his tranny kick down and his engine roar through his performance exhaust. I put about 4 car lengths on him before taking pity and not wanting to get too far into triple digits. When we pulled into the diner he exclaimed “ that’s a lot faster than I imagined!”

If BusDriver gets removed from the forum because of a Tesla Y, I wonder how forum members would react to my story:
Three days into my ownership, I was in the left lane at the light. To my right was another car. The left lane will merge into the right lane after the intersection. When the light turned green, I just casually sped up, planning to merge ahead of the other car, not thinking much about this at all. All of a sudden, I heard the loudest engine noise to my right, making me wonder if the driver was racing me. Seeing that it was a young driver and hearing all the groaning and moaning from his car, I felt sorry for the guy, went into my Zen mode and just let him pass.
And the car he was driving was: ....... ......... a VW Beetle, LOL.
So sorry that I let this happen to a Lucid Air.
You’re gonna need to turn in your FOBs please.

You’re gonna need to turn in your FOBs please.
Classic teaching is one should never get into a contest without some knowledge about one's opponent, and there can't be a more extreme example than what this young person demonstrated. Could also be that Lucid is still a rare sight on the street and the general awareness is therefore lacking.

I specifically bought this car to blend in and use the driver assist features to drive like a bus / tram / train / plane in GT mode.
Now the game is how smooth can you be.

So last night I was showing my buddy launch mode in a small street. At 4 way stop sign, I didn’t see traffic in 3 directions and radar detector showed no signal. I went California bear launch. I pushed to 78. Then had to made quick slow down to the siren behind me. I didn’t see there was a cop in SUV right behind me coming to stop sign.

I apologized to officer immediately after pulled over and showed all documents. I told him I was just doing a new car demo to a friend seeing this car first tim and I was wrong. He took my driver license and insurance and went back to his car. 10 minutes later he came back. “I cannot find this car in Texas DMV database.” I told him it’s new first year and not sold in Texas, but came from Arizona. He chuckled at my license plate and gave me a warning slip to let me go. How 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀I was on 35 mph speed limit zone. I assumed it was too sudden and too quick for him to clock me.

So last night I was showing my buddy launch mode in a small street. At 4 way stop sign, I didn’t see traffic in 3 directions and radar detector showed no signal. I went California bear launch. I pushed to 78. Then had to made quick slow down to the siren behind me. I didn’t see there was a cop in SUV right behind me coming to stop sign.

I apologized to officer immediately after pulled over and showed all documents. I told him I was just doing a new car demo to a friend seeing this car first tim and I was wrong. He took my driver license and insurance and went back to his car. 10 minutes later he came back. “I cannot find this car in Texas DMV database.” I told him it’s new first year and not sold in Texas, but came from Arizona. He chuckled at my license plate and gave me a warning slip to let me go. How 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀I was on 35 mph speed limit zone. I assumed it was too sudden and too quick for him to clock me.
Lucky! They can ticket by sight as well

I specifically bought this car to blend in and use the driver assist features to drive like a bus / tram / train / plane in GT mode.
Now the game is how smooth can you be.
Ha ha. The fact is that smooth (balance) is fast.

You got lucky, indeed.

Reminds me of a time in San Francisco, when I was driving my Audi. There was this one highway entrance that sort of just extends from the street into full highway after a red light. The speed limit there is 45 until you get pretty well up onto the highway. I was feeling stupid one night, however, so when the light turned green, I just gunned it. Got up to 80 or so pretty quick. Then I saw the flashing lights behind me. A cop in an SUV was sitting right behind me at the red light, and I didn’t notice.

When the cop came up to my door, he was just laughing his head off. “I can’t believe you’re that dumb. Just get out of here, and be more careful.”

I swear the few times I’ve done more dangerous stuff while driving have been the few times I’ve gotten away with it. Most of my tickets in my youth were for super minor infractions. 10 mph over the speed limit. That type of thing.

You got lucky, indeed.

Reminds me of a time in San Francisco, when I was driving my Audi. There was this one highway entrance that sort of just extends from the street into full highway after a red light. The speed limit there is 45 until you get pretty well up onto the highway. I was feeling stupid one night, however, so when the light turned green, I just gunned it. Got up to 80 or so pretty quick. Then I saw the flashing lights behind me. A cop in an SUV was sitting right behind me at the red light, and I didn’t notice.

When the cop came up to my door, he was just laughing his head off. “I can’t believe you’re that dumb. Just get out of here, and be more careful.”

I swear the few times I’ve done more dangerous stuff while driving have been the few times I’ve gotten away with it. Most of my tickets in my youth were for super minor infractions. 10 mph over the speed limit. That type of thing.
In general, I find cops are more lenient if you’re honest and admit to being an idiot.

That said, I present pretty white, so I’m certain that helps.

Cars like the Lucid Air DE, GT, Porsche Taycan and Tesla Mode S Plaid make ICE sportscars obsolete.
even tesla m3 performance runs sub 3 sec
stay away from the PLAID and any model S P100D

Last edited:
even tesla m3 performance runs sub 3 sec
stay away from the PLAID and any model S P100D
it’s not just go straight line. Go to country back road or mountain zigzag road. Lucid and Porsche will eat everyone all day.

it’s not just go straight line. Go to country back road or mountain zigzag road. Lucid and Porsche will eat everyone all day.
Agree however lot’s of stupid folks racing light to light.
Also there are many cars on a track with better times than EV’s

Agree however lot’s of stupid folks racing light to light.
Also there are many cars on a track with better times than EV’s
Yes, that is true. AGT's purpose was not to lay down the best lap times at closed-circuit tracks. However, it is the most impressive car that I have ever driven on public roads. 0-60 or even quarter mile times and trap speeds are interesting but kind of a party trick. It is the suspension and power delivery as well as an optimal driver's position that matter to me. What is my perspective? Many track days in my 991 Turbo S as well as GT3's at Barber Motorsports Park at the Porsche Sport Driving school. Also a few laps in a Panamera Turbo S at Barber and lots of miles in my own Porsche Panamera GTS on public roads. The AGT has attributes that are not well accepted or understood and have advantages that ICE vehicles cannot match.

Incorrect
The m3 performance will run 3
We’re not talking base model

On Tesla’s own website they advertise the Model 3 Performance at 3.1. It used to be 3.2.

Now, does anyone think of Elon as a guy who underpromises on his products?

Sure, there may be instances where people get under 3. But 0-60 times are usually based on averages.

Either way, it’s still faster than a Touring. Which is faster than anyone needs on regular roads. And still quite impressive.

On Tesla’s own website they advertise the Model 3 Performance at 3.1. It used to be 3.2.

Now, does anyone think of Elon as a guy who underpromises on his products?

Sure, there may be instances where people get under 3. But 0-60 times are usually based on averages.

Either way, it’s still faster than a Touring. Which is faster than anyone needs on regular roads. And still quite impressive.
I watched it on a track which is 1 mile from my house run the numbers I just quoted. I was running my corvette C8 and m3 time was quicker 0-60. However, I don’t find the car at in the least bit good looking. The model S is still by far the best looking car in the lineup.
Still looks modern 10 years after release.

Last edited:
I watched it on a track which is 1 mile from my house run the numbers I just quoted. I was running my corvette C8 and m3 time was quicker 0-60. However, I don’t find the car at in the least bit good looking. The model S is still by far the best looking car in the lineup.
Still looks modern 10 years after release.
The "newer" ones look modern. The old design, like my 2013, looks a bit clunky now.

Back