It's official! Lucid partners with Aston Martin

can't wait to read Bobby's reaction.
holding my breath to see what kind of sexy beast they come up with

still ... an Aston without the v12 rumble seems .... like some kind of crime against nature

a whole culture of kids helping dads change the oil, swap out wheels, re-line the brakes ... fade away

1687776180447.png

My love bigger than a Cadillac
I try to show it and you're drivin' me back
Your love for me has got to be real
For you to know just how I feel
Love is real and not fade away
Well love is real and not fade away - Hardin / Petty (thinking of the Stones version)

1687776845254.png
... not fade away...

Trying to imagine how a Lucid dual motor on each axle with torque vectoring, in an Aston, might out-handle a house-fly ...

yes but ...

Last edited:
@Bobby Wake up we found the car for you!!
I am hoping that lucid plays a part in helping aston martin with their f1 batteries(f1 is a v6 hybrid) so that we can finally beat red bull with Fernando Alonso!
Also, this seems timed for the stock market. Wonder how it will react?

Glad to see some good news this morning. Perfect partnership. I can’t wait to see what Aston builds with this.

Next up: Lotus.

The side view of the db9 STILL looks modern after all these years. Probably something to do with the c pillars "kink" and the flush door handles.
Timeless design in my opinion. Next year, she will be old enough to vote!

Timeless design in my optioning. Next year, she will be old enough to vote!
Assuming she gives up her British citizenship that is.
I commend you for picking blue, most are in silver or green.

Most interesting that Aston, which sources its V8 and Formula 1 combustion engines from Mercedes, chose not to go with Mercedes EV powertrains as they transition to an all-EV automaker.

Also interesting that the Saudi PIF is the second-largest stockholder in Aston. So there's that hand on the scales . . . .

In any case, this is a big and much-deserved vote of confidence in Lucid's powertrain technology.

Most interesting that Aston, which sources its V8 and Formula 1 combustion engines from Mercedes, chose not to go with Mercedes EV powertrains as they transition to an all-EV automaker.

Also interesting that the Saudi PIF is the second-largest stockholder in Aston. So there's that hand on the scales . . . .

In any case, this is a big and much-deserved vote of confidence in Lucid's powertrain technology.
For what its worth, in F1 they announced that they will go for Honda powertrains in an exclusive deal(2026-). The issue being that Honda can only use GM, and I dont really think Aston Martin would want really heavy cars that Ultium produces. Therefore, Lucid does make sense, its probably because of the PIF affiliation.

@Bobby Wake up we found the car for you!!
I am hoping that lucid plays a part in helping aston martin with their f1 batteries(f1 is a v6 hybrid) so that we can finally beat red bull with Fernando Alonso!
Also, this seems timed for the stock market. Wonder how it will react?
you gonna have to hope daddy stroll calls peter

you gonna have to hope daddy stroll calls peter
If lucid put all their power into a combustion hybrid, it would be fantastic. It would be a similar route to Rimac making an engine for Bugatti!
And while we are at it, why dont we replace Lance Stroll with Max?

If you had not stated it would be of voting age next year then I wouldve guessed it was released within the past 3 years
Strangely enough it looks the same as the DB11, which IS from the past 3 years.
1687796811050.png

Am I the only one that thinks that other than the headlights, the DB9 looks more modern in every other way?

For those wanting an electric sports car or a sport touring car where cabin space is not a big requirement, this could bring the best of both worlds: a sinuous Aston road bullet with a Lucid drivetrain.

This may even mean that a Lucid-powered sports car gets on the road before the Tesla Roadster II. Remember the Roadster II . . . ?

Yeah, me neither.

For those wanting an electric sports car or a sport touring car where cabin space is not a big requirement, this could bring the best of both worlds: a sinuous Aston road bullet with a Lucid drivetrain.

This may even mean that a Lucid-powered sports car gets on the road before the Tesla Roadster II. Remember the Roadster II . . . ?

Yeah, me neither.
This is the convertible I want!

Strangely enough it looks the same as the DB11, which IS from the past 3 years.
View attachment 13172
Am I the only one that thinks that other than the headlights, the DB9 looks more modern in every other way?
I much prefer the DB9. Has that elegant more minimalist slim look to it. I dont get the recent trend of making cars look like transformers

Assuming she gives up her British citizenship that is.
I commend you for picking blue, most are in silver or green.
Best thing about it, it’s one of very few DB9s with a six speed manual transmission.

Thanks for sharing this news.
Certainly gave rise to lots of future possibilities.
Here I go.
Stroll, has taken AM out of the dusty barn both in F1 and with what is coming (DB12 with a real new interior and tech) for road cars.
The Lucid under the hood should primarily help their SUV offerings, much more room for passengers and cargo and better performance.
Back to the Honda point, imagine if Honda built V10s or V12s to stuff into the AM sports cars plus some ePower like my Gen 2 NSX has to give them AWD from Lucid (really fast RWD cars are cool but generally can't meet the numbers (unless it's Koenigsegg) of an AWD machine. The over powered RWD stuff is also prone to crash when the rear end lets go.

Back