Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pep talk, as I needed it because I really am getting very frustrated with Lucid. I know I need to be more patience, I can handle 2-3 months but the 4 & 5 month really irritates me. I’m now only 2 weeks away from completing my 4 month from order date. I know many of you have been waiting longer then me and I hope you get yours very soon. As Lucid tells you, “It could happen anytime soon”.
On a good note, I’m only 30 mins north of you and look forward to driving down the coast from Oceanside to La Jolla and on the back roads to Temecula in the GT this Summer.
I feel ya!!!! I think they should have been VERY transparent in the way that they were putting our cars in production! I think we were all under the impression it was date driven!
We know now that is not that case. I feel for myself it would have gone a long way had i known it was color driven. I think we are all understanding enough and aware that this is a new production facility with limited capabilities!!!!!! With a little communication would have alleviated BIG FRUSTRATION!

Well, good news I will probably get my VIN next week. Bad news Lucid Millbrae cannot hold the vehicle until June. So I either have to take delivery at Goose Island, our home or find a way to take delivery and have car held in the Bay area. I am not sure what type of business would take delivery and hold a car with all the potential legal issues.

Ok. I just took my son for a ride in the car. He is 6'3" and pushed the passenger seat way back. He then got out and still had room in the back seat with his seat still pushed back. Anyway, we have some great back roads here is Escondido. For those you considering canceling your orders because you're pissed, I implore you, don't. I have to tell you that a car that looks like this should not do the things it does. I can't believe the way it handles around corners, not to mention the instant acceleration. I've never experienced anything like this before. Instant power and superb handling, in addition to the ability to just be a chill luxury cruiser. Please, please, please, be patient. I guarantee you will be happy in the end. You have waited this long, just let them get their shit together and produce an incredible car for you. You can thank me later. :)
I did this on Monday in NYC. I am 6'4", 230. I got into driver's seat and adjusted to my preferred set up. Then got out and sat behind the driver's seat. Not only did my head not hit the ceiling nor did I have to tilt my head, BUT I still had a good 4-6 inches before my knees hit the driver seat. The interior is HUGE!

Well, good news I will probably get my VIN next week. Bad news Lucid Millbrae cannot hold the vehicle until June. So I either have to take delivery at Goose Island, our home or find a way to take delivery and have car held in the Bay area. I am not sure what type of business would take delivery and hold a car with all the potential legal issues.
So your car will be ready early May and you need can't take delivery for a month? What legal issues?

So your car will be ready early May and you need can't take delivery for a month? What legal issues?

We have planned a road trip back from California visiting four National Parks. We live in Indiana and want to take delivery at the Millbrae location. Short of me flying to California taking delivery and placing in a storage facility myself I am not sure since never done anything like this before. Legal, someone other than myself has to become my agent to inspect and receive the car on my behalf then release the car to me when I arrive. Do services like this exist?

Perhaps,? I had an Auto Transport company pick up a car for me in North Carolina and deliver it to me in Texas. The inspecting it part might be a different person. I myself would be so picky that I would fly out to inspect it myself and place in a long term parking place, probably a Hotel that does that for travelers. I do that when I am traveling, drop it off at Marriott airport parking. They then shuttle me to the airport and pick me up when I am back in town. Here is a link near the airport you would be flying into. https://www.way.com/parkingdetails/4958293/Courtyard-by-Mariott-San-Francisco-Airport-Hotel-Parking There are others. I myself have considered taking delivery somewhere other than Texas and enjoying the destination and then driving it back to Dallas.

We have planned a road trip back from California visiting four National Parks. We live in Indiana and want to take delivery at the Millbrae location. Short of me flying to California taking delivery and placing in a storage facility myself I am not sure since never done anything like this before. Legal, someone other than myself has to become my agent to inspect and receive the car on my behalf then release the car to me when I arrive. Do services like this exist?
Won't you have to pay California sales tax if you take delivery in CA?

Several people in a FB group I’m in have their own car storage for their collections. If you decide take delivery and need to store it I can see if anyone will rent you a spot in their garages.

Several people in a FB group I’m in have their own car storage for their collections. If you decide take delivery and need to store it I can see if anyone will rent you a spot in their garages.

That would be awesome!

I believe it's based on where you register the car, in this case, the car would likely be registered in Indiana.

@dawktah LucidGT - one alternative is if you plan to get it wrapped or coated, you could just schedule something in California and pick it up when you're out there. Usually it takes several weeks for the busy ones to even start on yours.

Potentially yes, I think it has to leave the state in less than 30 days to avoid taxes. So I need to take delivery no earlier than May 30th. I'll have to confirm this.

I believe it's based on where you register the car, in this case, the car would likely be registered in Indiana.

@dawktah LucidGT - one alternative is if you plan to get it wrapped or coated, you could just schedule something in California and pick it up when you're out there. Usually it takes several weeks for the busy ones to even start on yours.

I can look into that, there was someone highly recommended on this forum.

If there was ever a state that would come after you for taxes, it's California. Florida, ironically, is a close second in my book with respect to sales taxes.

If there was ever a state that would come after you for taxes, it's California. Florida, ironically, is a close second in my book with respect to sales taxes.

When I looked into this when I booked trip I believe as long as I show proof we checked into Grand Canyon Railway Hotel in Arizona as proof we left the state we should be O.K.

I can look into that, there was someone highly recommended on this forum.

I certainly don't want to sound negative, but my suggestion would be if at all possible, move your trip up. I am an avid photographer and most likely have been to most if not all the parks you are planning on visiting multiple times. June is a terrible month for national park visits. The primary reason I say that is because the kids are out of school and the parks are very crowded with families (like Yogi said "nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded"). May is a much better choice. You will have easier access to everything you want to visit and if wildlife viewing is on your agenda (Glacier, Yellowstone, Tetons, etc.) you have greatly increased odds of actually seeing an animal without having to fight for a view. Once the crowds arrive everythng gets hectic. The Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, Canyonlands, Moab, etc. are all swamped in June because July and August are just too hot. Even with Yosemite limiting access only to those with prior reservations the park gets very crowded. Just my two cents worth and if your trip can't be rescheduled I hope you have a wonderful time.

It was super hard to get the lodging booked and this is when our school clinic is closed. So real tough to move trip. Thanks for advice

It was super hard to get the lodging booked and this is when our school clinic is closed. So real tough to move trip. Thanks for advice
Okay, sorry for being so negative. I understand how hard it is to get reservations and obviously you have the school constraints. The National Parks are fantastic and in a Lucid they will be even better!!

Is there another milestone to track? A couple of days ago my DA told me that the factory says I should get my VIN the first week in May. Today I got an email from Lucid inviting me to download their App and to start to become familiar with it. I wonder if this is a result of entering the actual production queue? Another marker in the production sequence? email telling to get the Lucid App 5 weeks before VIN expected? What do you think?

I think "I am supposed to have my VIN in a couple weeks, but have not gotten the same email. If that is supposed to be any kind on indication, then is my DA just telling me what he thinks I need to hear to remain a customer?" I will be interested to hear what people say that have gone through the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back