Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received an email from my DA telling me that the factory expects to issue my VIN the first week in May. Grey, Mohave, 19” wheels. Confirmed March 9th.
I think that is the first solid timeline we have for a gray car so far.

Just brought mine home too!

Attachments

• 20220330_164109_LI.webp
    20220330_164109_LI.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 160
I think that is the first solid timeline we have for a gray car so far.
Just received an email from my DA telling me that the factory expects to issue my VIN the first week in May. Grey, Mohave, 19” wheels. Confirmed March 9th.

Might mean those with gray orders before March 9th, should start to get VINs within the next few weeks/

Just brought mine home too!
Lot of zenith red hitting the streets. I still haven’t seen a production Lucid in the wild yet

Lot of zenith red hitting the streets. I still haven’t seen a production Lucid in the wild yet
Keep your eyes open you may see a Silver before you need glasses.

FWIW only about two Dreams visible in the lot today.

I was told mid-late April for a VIN on my Grey GT, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Good news is it seems that the messaging with respect to Grey is consistent.

I was told mid-late April for a VIN on my Grey GT, but I’ll believe it when I see it. Good news is it seems that the messaging with respect to Grey is consistent.

The mid-late April seems consistent across several different batches which is an interesting concept on how fast they think they'll produce greys.

Ok. I just took my son for a ride in the car. He is 6'3" and pushed the passenger seat way back. He then got out and still had room in the back seat with his seat still pushed back. Anyway, we have some great back roads here is Escondido. For those you considering canceling your orders because you're pissed, I implore you, don't. I have to tell you that a car that looks like this should not do the things it does. I can't believe the way it handles around corners, not to mention the instant acceleration. I've never experienced anything like this before. Instant power and superb handling, in addition to the ability to just be a chill luxury cruiser. Please, please, please, be patient. I guarantee you will be happy in the end. You have waited this long, just let them get their shit together and produce an incredible car for you. You can thank me later. :)

Ok. I just took my son for a ride in the car. He is 6'3" and pushed the passenger seat way back. He then got out and still had room in the back seat with his seat still pushed back. Anyway, we have some great back roads here is Escondido. For those you considering canceling your orders because you're pissed, I implore you, don't. I have to tell you that a car that looks like this should not do the things it does. I can't believe the way it handles around corners, not to mention the instant acceleration. I've never experienced anything like this before. Instant power and superb handling, in addition to the ability to just be a chill luxury cruiser. Please, please, please, be patient. I guarantee you will be happy in the end. You have waited this long, just let them get their shit together and produce an incredible car for you. You can thank me later. :)
Well put.

I’ll need some input on your favorite roads down there for my first socal road trip. In-laws are not far from you and I’ll only need a flimsy excuse to hit the back roads :D

Well put.

I’ll need some input on your favorite roads down there for my first socal road trip. In-laws are not far from you and I’ll only need a flimsy excuse to hit the back roads :D
Happy to oblige. For a start, look up Bandy Canyon Road. Also, Route 78 from Escondido to Julian. It's a fun destination once you get there as well. I have a Harley and love taking out on these types of roads.

Happy to oblige. For a start, look up Bandy Canyon Road. Also, Route 78 from Escondido to Julian. It's a fun destination once you get there as well. I have a Harley and love taking out on these types of roads.
I know the 78 fairly well. Bandy canyon road though - (edit: looked at the wrong one originally) doesn’t look like much? Or am I missing it?

I can’t wait to take it out to the Tail of the Dragon and the Blueridge Parkway here in NC.

Thanks for the pep talk, as I needed it because I really am getting very frustrated with Lucid. I know I need to be more patience, I can handle 2-3 months but the 4 & 5 month really irritates me. I’m now only 2 weeks away from completing my 4 month from order date. I know many of you have been waiting longer then me and I hope you get yours very soon. As Lucid tells you, “It could happen anytime soon”.
On a good note, I’m only 30 mins north of you and look forward to driving down the coast from Oceanside to La Jolla and on the back roads to Temecula in the GT this Summer.

We should make a recommended driving roads thread…

Please feel free to take any driving recommendations in their own respective threads in the local section which we have sub-forums for different regions of United States.

I see one at least once a week, though I've yet to see another red one on the roads. I'm sure that will change very soon. At the service center today they had appointment after appointment of people picking up cars.

Last edited:
So true. Just taking the short winding road back up to the highway from the service center was so much fun. I've been driving electric cars for 7 years and they make driving so enjoyable, but the Lucid is just on a whole other level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back