Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my email to pay last night at 9PM. Vehicle is paid for and I am awaiting contact from Costa Mesa about delivery/pickup. It's getting real people.

Construction completed March 28th, 2022 -> Delivery to service center March 29th, 2022.

That was a fast delivery from Casa Grande, AZ to Costa Mesa, CA. Seems like they're committing to a faster PDI now.

Wouldn't be surprised that Lucid started taking confirmations for the Touring in April

I’ll sacrifice for the Touring group and go first! 😊

I received the paperwork and invitation to pay today. Getting closer.

Hay Steve, I was stationed at Litchfield Park Naval Base in 1959, We had 6000 airplanes in the desert
We're just a growing town now with Luke AFB only couple miles away,

Got my email to pay last night at 9PM. Vehicle is paid for and I am awaiting contact from Costa Mesa about delivery/pickup. It's getting real people.
Nice! Sadly, payment doesn't always mean imminent. I paid a week ago and still no word on delivery, though I believe the reason is that our service center (Millbrae) has a lot of cars to deliver. Hopefully SoCal is quicker.

(Not trying to be a downer, just tempering expectations. This last bit of waiting is the most frustrating!)

Got the call. VIN assignment today ( red with Santa Cruz) reservation 8/2/21. Confirmation 12/1/21. They tell me delivery probably end of April but maybe first week of May. So an extra 5-6 weeks from the original 2-4 month timeframe

Got the call. VIN assignment today ( red with Santa Cruz) reservation 8/2/21. Confirmation 12/1/21. They tell me delivery probably end of April but maybe first week of May. So an extra 5-6 weeks from the original 2-4 month timeframe
Congrats! Another Santa Cruz VIN.

Nice! Sadly, payment doesn't always mean imminent. I paid a week ago and still no word on delivery, though I believe the reason is that our service center (Millbrae) has a lot of cars to deliver. Hopefully SoCal is quicker.

(Not trying to be a downer, just tempering expectations. This last bit of waiting is the most frustrating!)
I appreciate that. First I was told yesterday that Costa Mesa had a bit of a backlog. Today I was told that (what I understood) was that once I paid, we were pretty much good to go. I'm a little confused so I'm just going to hope for end of next week and maybe I will get a happy surprise..

I received the paperwork and invitation to pay today. Getting closer.
I was just at the service center and there were two GTs (red and white) and DE (black) ready for delivery. Maybe one is yours? The service manager told me that they had completed between 35 and 40 deliveries from the Scottsdale service center, including home deliveries in AZ.

O/U 1000 deliveries next earnings call to date?

Hello everyone good news I was issued my VIN today! He also said I should expect that the car will leave the factory in 1 week
Ordered 5/14/21
Confirmed 11/30/21
Vin 3/29/22
White/Santa Cruz GT
They are pushing out the Santa Cruz in big batches now

Just got the call that my car will be ready for pickup tomorrow or delivery to my house on Thursday. They would send a car to come pick me up and take me to the service center. Only issue is that my wife isn't available and she is an "or" signer for the title. They are going to get back to me to see if maybe they can bring the paperwork when they pick me up. I hope I will be able to sleep tonight. :)

Just got the call that my car will be ready for pickup tomorrow or delivery to my house on Thursday. They would send a car to come pick me up and take me to the service center. Only issue is that my wife isn't available and she is an "or" signer for the title. They are going to get back to me to see if maybe they can bring the paperwork when they pick me up. I hope I will be able to sleep tonight. :)
Well, now I need to eat my words.... I just got the call and am picking mine up tomorrow as well!

I just spoke with my DA. Who I think is terrific. I don't think they they get the information that they need, so they are in a tough spot.

My 2-4 Months would have had me getting my GT on 4/14. (confirmed 12/14) At this time I don't have a VIN. I reached out to my DA and this was the response:

"I recently got more access to the manufacturing queue and I can confirm that your vehicle is slated to enter General Assembly sometime in the next two weeks. Realistically, this puts us on track for a May delivery timeline. I know you may be disappointed that we are missing the delivery window that we initially estimated for you, but I can guarantee you that the car will be worth the wait. If you want to speak with me about our manufacturing process, and why your specific vehicle experienced a delay please feel free to reach out to me directly tomorrow"

We spoke after the email and he shared that they had being experiencing issues with the quality of parts coming from suppliers that were impacting the manufacturing process. He indicated that cars that were partly built can run into a parts issue that causes them to be sidelined, thus the variable manufacturing times.

He acknowledged the issue with Quantam Grey and Silver. He believes that Quantum will start delivering in June and Silver in July.

He also shared that many Santa Cruz cars are currently in or scheduled for production.

I shared with him that the company really does need to reach out to its excited customers to better communicate the status of manufacturing.... we want Lucid to win, we are the cheerleaders... Lucid shouldn't want that goodwill to go to waste.... He agreed whole-heartedly. The DA's are not in a position to affect that change though.

He also shared that many Santa Cruz cars are currently in or scheduled for production.
For your configuration, it seems the biggest delay is Santa Cruz. For what it's worth, they have begun to be more transparent with their communication after some members on this forum spoke with the Director of Sales at Lucid which is apparent with the quote: "I recently got more access to the manufacturing queue..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back