Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be a mistake in the CRM workflow.

I think it's just a campaign to show off the app. I got the email too, as a Touring reserver, and the email doesn't say to download the app just details information about the app itself.

Is there another milestone to track? A couple of days ago my DA told me that the factory says I should get my VIN the first week in May. Today I got an email from Lucid inviting me to download their App and to start to become familiar with it. I wonder if this is a result of entering the actual production queue? Another marker in the production sequence? email telling to get the Lucid App 5 weeks before VIN expected? What do you think?
Since you are a March confirmation, that is putting some brackets on the VIN timelines. Interesting about the App email. I never received one of those and I am supposed to get a VIN within a couple of weeks. Besides, there is nothing one can do with it if you downloaded because you don’t have an account until you have your car.

Interesting about the App email. I never received one of those and I am supposed to get a VIN within a couple of weeks.
Usability of the app pre-delivery aside, campaign like this sort of email drop usually have a test and control group. You’re likely in the control group that didn’t receive the email.

On a brighter note, if you're looking to test out the car's passing ability, you'll have ample opportunity :).

For all of you who are feeling let down and disappointed by the wait for your ordered vehicles go take a test drive. It will charge you up and steel yourself for the wait times ahead. Production issues will always exist, and the times you were given are only approximations to be taken with a grain of salt. Production schedules are tweaked based on supply and the benefit/needs of the company that we most desperately want to survive. In the long term six or eight weeks extra wait is nothing compared to the benefit of owning this machine. Although this process feels to me like I'm a six year old waiting for Christmas, I have seen enough of those to know the eventuality is what counts. You expectations should not be based on so many linear time lines. Some of you are really tipping the wine-o-meter into the red. When they build it, It will come.

For all of you who are feeling let down and disappointed by the wait for your ordered vehicles go take a test drive. It will charge you up and steel yourself for the wait times ahead. Production issues will always exist, and the times you were given are only approximations to be taken with a grain of salt. Production schedules are tweaked based on supply and the benefit/needs of the company that we most desperately want to survive. In the long term six or eight weeks extra wait is nothing compared to the benefit of owning this machine. Although this process feels to me like I'm a six year old waiting for Christmas, I have seen enough of those to know the eventuality is what counts. You expectations should not be based on so many linear time lines. Some of you are really tipping the wine-o-meter into the red. When they build it, It will come.
Took the test drive today. It just made me more frustrated that I don’t have the car yet. Reasons were two-fold, the drive is superb and today was the day I entered the 5th month in my 2-4 month delivery window while having no communication about delays.

I hope I get mine soon, but I had to wait just as long for a specific Corvette on my last car purchase... And there were no chip shortages or anything back then. Truthfully, I was more impatient on that one, since I needed a convertible for medical purposes (I was almost bored to death). Well, the Lucid is going to be a much, much better car I think. I have travel plans wrapped around the Lucid, but I am willing to wait for a car that is well sorted out, which I believe is part of the delays. I agree with everyone that communications have not been good. Chevy had a tracker on the GM site, so I could get statuses along the way, and that helped a lot. It feels like Lucid is going to be great on product, but not on typical management issues like communications.

Last edited:
VIN!
Just got the call. Confirmed 12/27, Red, Santa Cruz, 21" DA said "about 2 weeks".
I'm in Arlington, Texas.
Congrats! That's the latest Santa Cruz confirmation we've seen get a VIN yet. When did they email you about confirming? Was it earlier than 12/27?

Congrats! That's the latest Santa Cruz confirmation we've seen get a VIN yet. When did they email you about confirming? Was it earlier than 12/27?
But no Grey cars yet.

Exciting. I am also red, Santa Cruz, 21", but confirmed Jan 6th 2022. Lucid is getting on a roll!

If they issued any Grey VIN’s that would be ahead of schedule. I don’t think any of us are expecting a grey VIN until late next week. Hopefully, @Neurio will be giving us some good news a week from now.

Originally confirmed 12/6. I changed to the 21" wheels and was told the change would push my build order back. A few days later I got the 12/27 confirmation.

Originally confirmed 12/6. I changed to the 21" wheels and was told the change would push my build order back. A few days later I got the 12/27 confirmation.
Gotcha. Effectively, you're in the early December confirmation batch even though you changed and it looks like you didn't get a delay. Hopefully means mine is imminent then.

Hello, your car was reported to have been assigned a VIN in the last 45 days and in an effort to keep the tracker up-to-date, I wanted to check if you have heard anything regarding your delivery:
No word, called Lucid last week, but go no update.

If they issued any Grey VIN’s that would be ahead of schedule. I don’t think any of us are expecting a grey VIN until late next week. Hopefully, @Neurio will be giving us some good news a week from now.
Heard back from my DA today when I asked for an update - now expecting the VIN the week of 4/11 :confused:

Got a call from the service center. Could have picked up tomorrow, but I'm traveling and won't be back until Wednesday. So I'll have a very antsy flight back from San Diego to pick up after I land. Unless something happens, I'll have mine next Wednesday! Looking forward to posting all of my frustrations so everyone can point me back to my optimism before receiving the vehicle ;).

Now for a bit of advice from the group. I'm very strongly leaning 'no', but I'll be driving to LA on Friday and wondering if a trip roughly a day after getting the car is a wise decision. If it were literally anywhere else, I might go for it. But since this is my first EV and trying to understand the vehicle, make sure I know where and how to charge, and navigating LA traffic, it's probably too much. But I figured I'd ask :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back