Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me from reading these threads that there is a group of buyers that are dissatisfied with the process and Lucid. I suggest they cancel their orders and go buy something else. Why spend $140k on some car you are pissed off about. You will probably never get over the frustration and even after you get the car every time something is not perfect you will be more unhappy.
I suspect that if you ordered this vehicle the $1k is not the end of your financial life. I have certainly made more than my $1k investing in Lucid. Cut your losses, cancel.
If any of you complainers are experts in Automobile production I welcome your comments. I am an Engineer that has spent almost 40 years in industrial manufacturing and I can promise you that the challenges are greater today than ever before.
The supply chain is a mess. Everywhere you turn there is a roadblock. The simplest of items are suddenly not available. Combine this with a start up and you have the perfect storm for problems.
But, you say they could be more up front and communicate better. Be realistic. Everything they say to a buyer can become a stock market disaster. A couple of negative production comments could seriously impact the success of Lucid. Yes, they want us to be happy customers but they have to protect the company.
I suggest going to Porsche and see how fast you can get a comparable Taycan S you spec out. It will cost as much and have about half the range. I bet you can’t get it in 4 months. I needed a standard oil change in my Cayenne, my Porsche dealer gave me a 3 month appointment availability. They simply said we have no technicians and can’t hire any. My dealer has been around for 40 years.
Sorry for the rant. I hope everyone gets the car they want and it is worth the wait.

I suggest going to Porsche and see how fast you can get a comparable Taycan S you spec out. It will cost as much and have about half the range. I bet you can’t get it in 4 months. I needed a standard oil change in my Cayenne, my Porsche dealer gave me a 3 month appointment availability. They simply said we have no technicians and can’t hire any. My dealer has been around for 40 years.
Sorry for the rant. I hope everyone gets the car they want and it is worth the wait.
I don’t want a Porsche, even if I could get it tomorrow. it is the same Price and half the range as you said. If I wanted that kind of range, I would buy a second Leaf for 1/5th the price.

Have a name for you on wraps from Westchester county ny just over the border if you’re interested. He has done 3 of my cars and has done a lot of high end stuff from my car club.
Would really appreciate the info. Otherwise I’m basing on internet reviews

Would really appreciate the info. Otherwise I’m basing on internet reviews
I’ll pm you with the info. I’ll be calling him myself in about 5 weeks( fingers crossed)

Last edited:
Just got my invitation to pay email. There’s a 1500$ destination fee. Is this normal? I haven’t talked about delivery specifics with my DA and there was some confusion on the forum about whether or not a delivery fee is being charged for home deliveries so I’m wondering if this is a delivery fee or just a standard fee on all the cars?

Just got my invitation to pay email. There’s a 1500$ destination fee. Is this normal? I haven’t talked about delivery specifics with my DA and there was some confusion on the forum about whether or not a delivery fee is being charged for home deliveries so I’m wondering if this is a delivery fee or just a standard fee on all the cars?
Standard fee, just like every vehicle has.

@Adnillien since you picked up in Scottsdale, did you also pay $1500 for delivery charges?

@Adnillien since you picked up in Scottsdale, did you also pay $1500 for delivery charges?
I'm picking up on Wed at the center, and there is no waiving of the fee. As someone said, it seems like a standard tack on. Having said that, there really shouldn't be any additional charge if you want it delivered at home especially if you're getting it in Scottsdale. It's less than 50 miles from the plant to the service center :).

I'm picking up on Wed at the center, and there is no waiving of the fee. As someone said, it seems like a standard tack on. Having said that, there really shouldn't be any additional charge if you want it delivered at home especially if you're getting it in Scottsdale. It's less than 50 miles from the plant to the service center :).
Does it take longer to have it delivered to us in Scottsdale? Or is it same day - either delivery or pick-up?

No getting out of destination fee with any OEM… its just extra revenue for them
I agree it's standard with all the other OEM' but it isn't listed in my reservation confirmation

Does it take longer to have it delivered to us in Scottsdale? Or is it same day - either delivery or pick-up?
Don't actually know, but I'd guess it takes longer to deliver. Given that the center also ships to 8 states, they've got a lot of cars to inspect and get ready. So my sense is that you're more likely to get it quicker picking up. FWIW, I wasn't offered an option. I didn't ask either.

know, but I'd guess it takes longer to deliver. Given that the center also ships to 8 states, they've got a lot of cars to inspect and get ready. So my sense is that you're more likely to get it quicker picking up. FWIW, I wasn't offered an option. I d
Fair enough! Thanks for that info. Imma be sure to pick it up then. Easy peasy

I agree it's standard with all the other OEM' but it isn't listed in my reservation confirmation
It is clearly listed on my order confirmation

It seems to me from reading these threads that there is a group of buyers that are dissatisfied with the process and Lucid. I suggest they cancel their orders and go buy something else. Why spend $140k on some car you are pissed off about. You will probably never get over the frustration and even after you get the car every time something is not perfect you will be more unhappy.
I suspect that if you ordered this vehicle the $1k is not the end of your financial life. I have certainly made more than my $1k investing in Lucid. Cut your losses, cancel.
If any of you complainers are experts in Automobile production I welcome your comments. I am an Engineer that has spent almost 40 years in industrial manufacturing and I can promise you that the challenges are greater today than ever before.
The supply chain is a mess. Everywhere you turn there is a roadblock. The simplest of items are suddenly not available. Combine this with a start up and you have the perfect storm for problems.
But, you say they could be more up front and communicate better. Be realistic. Everything they say to a buyer can become a stock market disaster. A couple of negative production comments could seriously impact the success of Lucid. Yes, they want us to be happy customers but they have to protect the company.

I can attest to you, I have order for Tesla Model X since 02/2021, original EDD was 04/2021, has been pushed again and again to now 07/2022, there is no reason at this point to believe that it won't be pushed back again, Drove BMW iX, dealer said @ 1 year for deliver, no promised date, MB EQS you can get of the lot at high premium and color options not of your choice, if you order, non-refundable 3K deposit with no promise estimate of 6-8 months, Most all legacy car makers even for ICE are in same situation, I am inclined to cut significant slack to Lucid in this circumstances

I inquired about picking it up where it was built a long time ago and the answer was that the destination fee would still be the same. $1500 is a bit higher than I paid for my last car, but the difference is that Chevrolet delivers a car trailer full at a time, so economies of scale. Lucid is more concierge. Anyway, I watch my money carefully and truthfully in this context $1,500 is just the cost of doing business.

I originally ordered the silver, but I could wait till July or change the color. I simply changed the color. As for the wait that has been pointed out, of course, like everyone, I want it yesterday, but to pile on someone else's thoughts, if I get mine in May, it will be less than 6 months from reservation to delivery. That is the same as my wait for may last Corvette before the supply chain problems.

I tried to get a Ferrari 296 GTB when they came out. The waiting list was 18 months, and they required a 30% non-refundable deposit. I have 2 Cybertrucks ordered and that was from November 2019. I don't expect to see them until 2024.

I can live with 6 months, especially given the state of getting anything nowadays.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back