Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have been saying July, technically Q3…

Got my VIN on March 25. Sorry for the late post. I went away on vacation in celebration of getting my VIN and I'm just now plugging back in. Will keep folks updated on delivery time so the batch tracker can be kept up to speed.

Got my VIN on March 25. Sorry for the late post. I went away on vacation in celebration of getting my VIN and I'm just now plugging back in. Will keep folks updated on delivery time so the batch tracker can be kept up to speed.

No problem, don't feel obligated to update us ASAP if you are busy.

Received an email with my Purchase Agreement for my signature using DocuSign. It is 24 pages of legalize. Interesting that Lucid has you sign a Tire Chain Disclosure that the Lucid may not be operatred with tire chains. You can only use Tire Socks. At the same time I received an email inviting me to pay. Now I have to wait to see when the car will arrive.

Received an email with my Purchase Agreement for my signature using DocuSign. It is 24 pages of legalize. Interesting that Lucid has you sign a Tire Chain Disclosure that the Lucid may not be operatred with tire chains. You can only use Tire Socks. At the same time I received an email inviting me to pay. Now I have to wait to see when the car will arrive.

You're in the end game now, if the trend continues should see a call soon after you pay (~within 1 week).

Damn - wish I hadn't seen this. I feel so common now going with the most ordered ext/int combo. Thought I was being bold going with red 😆 (OK, it's still bold for me).
IMG_0673 Large.jpeg

You mean like this 😂

Wh
What are tire socks? Heard of chains and belts, but not socks.

They are kinda cool.

Only good at lower speeds. I really do not need them here in Charlotte though.

Last edited:

I thought this was a stock standard thing. Every Audi i've purchased i've had to sign the tire chain form saying I wouldn't use chains on them. I understand why, my last trip to Big Bear in my friends Tesla the chains destroyed the rims but there was no way we were getting on the mountain with them so i'm not sure what these car companies expect you to do, not take the car!

I thought this was a stock standard thing. Every Audi i've purchased i've had to sign the tire chain form saying I wouldn't use chains on them. I understand why, my last trip to Big Bear in my friends Tesla the chains destroyed the rims but there was no way we were getting on the mountain with them so i'm not sure what these car companies expect you to do, not take the car!
Well, I think they referred to tire socks:

Congratulations! My delivery / pick-up between paying and picking up was less than a week.

I know we are a ways off from the Tourings being produced, but can we start a thread for when the calls/emails/notifications do start?

Last edited:
Received an email with my Purchase Agreement for my signature using DocuSign. It is 24 pages of legalize. Interesting that Lucid has you sign a Tire Chain Disclosure that the Lucid may not be operated with tire chains. You can only use Tire Socks. At the same time I received an email inviting me to pay. Now I have to wait to see when the car will arrive.
I got my purchase agreement Monday night, invitation to pay on Tuesday, and picked up my car on Wednesday.

VIN assigned 3/11 for Black/Tahoe/19” rims.
Just got the call it shipped and should arrive in Chicago for pre-delivery inspection in 2 days, then they’ll schedule delivery to my home in Rhode Island. That’s 3 weeks from VIN assignments to leaving the factory, not bad given supply chain/truck driver shortages. I think the biggest trouble is for those awaiting VIN assignment, those who have leased cars to turn in, travel plans, etc. I can only speak to my personal experience but my Lucid associate Jacques has been fantastic, met every time window given to me. Maybe it’s because he didn’t provide an answer until he had one to provide. I think maybe some are trying to sugar coat things without themselves actually knowing a real answer? All I can say is confirming an order then the car going into production within 4 months of that date, and then shipping 3 weeks after starting production seems to be better than every other high end EV manufacturer out there at the moment.

VIN assigned 3/11 for Black/Tahoe/19” rims.
Just got the call it shipped and should arrive in Chicago for pre-delivery inspection in 2 days, then they’ll schedule delivery to my home in Rhode Island. That’s 3 weeks from VIN assignments to leaving the factory, not bad given supply chain/truck driver shortages. I think the biggest trouble is for those awaiting VIN assignment, those who have leased cars to turn in, travel plans, etc. I can only speak to my personal experience but my Lucid associate Jacques has been fantastic, met every time window given to me. Maybe it’s because he didn’t provide an answer until he had one to provide. I think maybe some are trying to sugar coat things without themselves actually knowing a real answer? All I can say is confirming an order then the car going into production within 4 months of that date, and then shipping 3 weeks after starting production seems to be better than every other high end EV manufacturer out there at the moment.
Exciting!

What has happened in the cases of those actually making their timeframes is that Lucid could not produce grey or silver cars, allowing them to go deeper into the confirmation dates than they might otherwise have. So for every grey or silver car that was ordered and confirmed in November, and some in December, more December and January confirmed cars were able to move into those spots.

Yes, exciting for some, frustrating for others.

What has happened in the cases of those actually making their timeframes is that Lucid could not produce grey or silver cars, allowing them to go deeper into the confirmation dates than they might otherwise have. So for every grey or silver car that was ordered and confirmed in November, and some in December, more December and January confirmed cars were able to move into those spots.

Yes, exciting for some, frustrating for others.
I ordered Grey, but still happy for others.

I am very happy for them. I wish I were in their shoes. It does not change the fact that there have been 0 grey cars get to the point where their VIN has been assigned and communicated. There are customers who ordered in 2020 and earlier I believe that are watching those that ordered in November 2021 get their cars before they have even gotten a VIN. I wouldn’t be as frustrated if I had, say, ordered last month.

I do think if Lucid had been able to produce grey and silver, most of those getting their cars so quickly may not have. I want to believe that had the issues not been present that caused the delays for silver and grey customers that Lucid would have done what they said they would do in the first place, produce cars based on order/confirmation date. Stuff happened and grey and silver got delayed, it happens and Lucid has to produce what they can, red, black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back