Touring Order Confirmation and Deliveries

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
Thought I would start a new thread for the next trim. Lucid said to expect the Tourings to begin in Q2. In a week, a 2-4 month delivery window would put it at the end of June, so…….

I would not be surprised if Lucid states on Monday’s conference call that:
1) all Dreams have been produced and either delivered or a delivery scheduled
2) the GTs deliveries have begun (or at least the first ones have been scheduled)
3) the first Touring orders have been have been confirmed (emails sent out Monday morning) for Q2 deliveries

Thoughts?

#1 and #2 would not surprise me.

Lucid retail rep this past weekend ballparked to me that Lucid would start confirming Touring orders in Q2 for summer delivery, but he didn't really know.

You'd think the retail reps would have been explicitly told exact specs of Touring cars before Lucid started confirming reservations for them, but he didn't know for example what is included in vanilla DreamDrive vs Pro. So I would be surprised if #3 were true.

I would be happy if I get my Touring by end of Q3 lol.

I would be happy if I get my Touring by end of Q3 lol.

When did you reserve? My SA told me Tourings, as long as there are no major delays, should start deliveries of reservations made 2022 and beyond late Q3.

When did you reserve? My SA told me Tourings, as long as there are no major delays, should start deliveries of reservations made 2022 and beyond late Q3.
Jan first week 2022.

I made my Touring reservation July 2021. So late Q2 vs early Q3 for me, perhaps?

I reserved Jan 22, 2022 for Pure then upgraded. The only timeframe I have is my very chatty SA saying late Q3 for any reservation made after Jan 1 2022.

I would not be surprised if Lucid states on Monday’s conference call that:
1) all Dreams have been produced and either delivered or a delivery scheduled

Well, I would be surprised, since I haven't yet gotten a delivery schedule for mine. :)

I reserved Jan 22, 2022 for Pure then upgraded. The only timeframe I have is my very chatty SA saying late Q3 for any reservation made after Jan 1 2022.
Reserved mine on Jan 8th, 2022 from the Torrance studio center. Delivery timeframe they estimated was late Q4 2022 or Q1 2023.

I reserved a Touring December 2020 and have heard nothing yet.

Reserved mine on Jan 8th, 2022 from the Torrance studio center. Delivery timeframe they estimated was late Q4 2022 or Q1 2023.

Starting to make sense.
  • 6 months to get through all current batches of Grand Tourings, puts us about August.
  • Tourings likely to start production in May/June with the first Touring delivery sometime in Q2 (likely late June).
  • Puts us about October/November/December for Jan 2022+ Touring orders.

Starting to make sense.
  • 6 months to get through all current batches of Grand Tourings, puts us about August.
  • Tourings likely to start production in May/June with the first Touring delivery sometime in Q2 (likely late June).
  • Puts us about October/November/December for Jan 2022+ Touring orders.
I think they will start Touring production in parallel to GT soon, hopefully we get our Touring’s sooner.

via EVCar, looks like we're looking at mid summer for Touring production start.

I think they will start Touring production in parallel to GT soon, hopefully we get our Touring’s sooner.
I am guessing late 2022 or early 2023 for Touring. Lucid is not that different from Tesla in this regard: it is going to take more time than predicted to get everything going.

GT'S have officially been delivered Per Peter Rawlinson !!!

They can probably start Touring whenever since it’s a lesser Grand Touring and probably easier to make, but they will delay it to get through Grand Touring orders.

Back